PDA

View Full Version : Zotax' Blessing

dogmod
06-03-2013, 08:34 PM
Dungeon: Zotax Blessing

Graveyardless Dungeon!

The interesting mechanic in this one would be that you nor your opponent have a graveyard for the length of the dungeon.

A rogue necrotic, Zotax, has perverted massive amounts of shard crystals blocking anyone in the vicinity from entering a peaceful eternal sleep. Whenever a troop would leave play to a graveyard it is instead warped by the crystals, and the force of the opponent, causing the creature to enter play under the control of the opponent with a -1/-1 fatigue(zombie/wear/ishouldbedead/necrosis) permanent change. If this reduces the creatures def to 0 then the creature is voided. The perverted shard crystals have also affected spells causing them to be voided instead of placed into the graveyard when cast. (Alternately they could be shuffled into the opponents deck with thresholds removed, or another mechanic not sure on this one but void is my first instinct)

What happens is that trading creatures and combat now have a very interesting dynamic and the flow of the battle can change instantly with a well placed spell or a misstep in combat. And what is worse than facing your own fearsome creature that you thought had won you the battle or better than taking control of your opponents massive beast (I would not have these exchanges be persistent in my vision for the dungeon from battle to battle).

You must reach the end of the dungeon and destory the Malevolent force that has perverted this crystal and the crystal itself to restore order.

-Interesting deckbuilding mechanics of decisions of whether to go balanced, creature heavy, spell heavy. It makes any card that plays out of your graveyard obsolete and could make cards that avoid going to the graveyard very strong for this specific dungeon.

-Really places a focus on combat phase and trades and all of the sudden you may not want to give away a creature with inspire or another interesting ability. You may not even want them in your deck!

Madican
06-03-2013, 08:46 PM
We have a topic for custom dungeons. Revive that instead of making a new thread for each one.

dogmod
06-03-2013, 08:49 PM
We have a topic for custom dungeons. Revive that instead of making a new thread for each one.

Does an angel lose its wings every time a new topic is created?

Madican
06-03-2013, 08:50 PM
No but you clutter the front page and that's just as bad.

dogmod
06-03-2013, 08:52 PM
No but you clutter the front page and that's just as bad.

Sorry that I am bumping all of the threads about how to use paypal, why this is a MTG clone, why we need more PP tiers, and how much sex should be on the cards in the game. ;/

zaku
06-03-2013, 08:55 PM
Sorry that I am bumping all of the threads about how to use paypal, why this is a MTG clone, why we need more PP tiers, and how much sex should be on the cards in the game. ;/

you forgot to mention about this being a pay2win game.