PDA

View Full Version : Is the Pro Player even worth it?

TheWrathofShane
06-04-2013, 04:19 AM
Fact:
1) You are not going to win the tournament!
2) Every other 250 tier gets a free draft once a week for a year from the stretch goals. The Pro Player is left out because it does not stack and they have a free draft for life.

So its only going to add up 2 years down the road, then increase in value.

But your probably better off going collector and getting 6 alternative artwork collector exclusive PvP cards + another lotus garden which you could farm auction house with!

...unless your cocky of course and think you can win against everyone else that thinks they can beat you. Hehehehhe

jaxsonbateman
06-04-2013, 04:23 AM
1) How do you know that? Just because it's called pro player, doesn't mean all the people in the tourney are actually good players. A lot of people went into the pro tier for the one draft per week for life, not because it's reflective of their gaming capability.
2) A free draft per week for life is awesome. That's an extra free 156 boosters per year, + prizes. If you intend to log on at least once a week, it's fantastic value.

Collector simply provides some more trade bait - hence why it's called collector. DC gives you loot that may not even help much in PvP, even after considering the auction house. Raid Leader and Guild Leader buffs can be provided by other people. There's a reason that PP is already gone, and the others aren't.

Essentially, you'd need to trade the extra Collector cards for 156 boosters each year in order for it to pull ahead in terms of value.

wallofomens
06-04-2013, 04:24 AM
What tournament? And yes, I can and will win it!

TheWrathofShane
06-04-2013, 04:25 AM
1) How do you know that? Just because it's called pro player, doesn't mean all the people in the tourney are actually good players. A lot of people went into the pro tier for the one draft per week for life, not because it's reflective of their gaming capability.
2) A free draft per week for life is awesome. That's an extra free 156 boosters per year, + prizes. If you intend to log on at least once a week, it's fantastic value.

1 = You can try
2 = Yeah, but every other 250 tier gets same thing for the first year, + badass other things. SO if you dont win the tourney, thats all you have going for you.

TheWrathofShane
06-04-2013, 04:27 AM
What tournament? And yes, I can and will win it!

Its a kickstarter exclusive tourney that 2000+ people are entering from the proplayer + grand king tiers.

Grand prize = 4 of every card at release.

jaxsonbateman
06-04-2013, 04:28 AM
1 = You can try
2 = Yeah, but every other 250 tier gets same thing for the first year, + badass other things. SO if you dont win the tourney, thats all you have going for you.
For the first year. A lot of people who have seen the game are thinking they'll probably be around for a while. Though that in itself is as much a gamble as investing in any of the KSs. :-P

TheWrathofShane
06-04-2013, 04:29 AM
For the first year. A lot of people who have seen the game are thinking they'll probably be around for a while. Though that in itself is as much a gamble as investing in any of the KSs. :-P

Yeah so if you don't win the tourney which 2,000 other people are entering, you dont even see your bonus for an entire year.

Indormi
06-04-2013, 04:30 AM
Pro Player is a really nice tier for noobs, maybe even more than pros. Pros will likely play more than 1 draft/week, but new players (that know that they arent as good as other players) can get PvP experience for free once a week, forever without paying anything. Also free boosters per year! even if you are terribad

TheDiv
06-04-2013, 04:32 AM
Yeah so if you don't win the tourney which 2,000 other people are entering, you dont even see your bonus for an entire year.

And then they have it for every year after that for a long long time!

TheWrathofShane
Pro Player is a really nice tier for noobs, maybe even more than pros. Pros will likely play more than 1 draft/week, but new players (that know that they arent as good as other players) can get PvP experience for free once a week, forever without paying anything. Also free boosters per year! even if you are terribad

Well the point is the other options will let you draft for free just like the pro player for an entire full year. Pro player is excluded from this stretch goal as its deemed "does not stack" for him, and not on his stretch goal sheet.

So if you bomb tourney, besides your deck sleeves you dont even get an exclusive pro player thing until the first year passes.

Mushroom_C1oud
Best thing about PP+ is that it encourages people to try Draft whether they are good or not.

Krenos
06-04-2013, 04:33 AM
1) You are not going to win the tournament!

Pessimism never does, also there is going to be more than one tourney becausue of the amount of PP+GKs
Slightly higher than zero chance of winning.

2) Every other 250 tier gets a free draft once a week for a year from the stretch goals. The Pro Player is left out because it does not stack and they have a free draft for life.

So If if you were paid $7 a week for a year, you are getting more value than me if I am getting paid $7 a week for life?
I don't get it?

But your probably better off going collector and getting 6 alternative artwork collector exclusive PvP cards + another lotus garden which you could farm auction house with!

Lotus is PVE i doubt it'll really be that lucrative until a year or two out if even then

Either way, I get it all as a Grand King so it doesn't bother me.

jaxsonbateman
06-04-2013, 04:33 AM
Of course, the 156 boosters is the bare minimum. In all likelihood, you could enter a swiss draft (almost certainly the draft with the lowest average skill) and win 1.5 boosters on average. So that 156 boosters becomes 234, not to mention the chance of those prize boosters turning into primals.

Floru
06-04-2013, 04:35 AM
I would say to stop replying to this. It feels like stirring the old argument of Pro Players pot.

Some see value in it, some don't. PP is still sold out.

TheWrathofShane
06-04-2013, 04:35 AM
And then they have it for every year after that for a long long time!

Yeap :-P

I wouldn't have the patience to wait an entire year to have my exclusive bonus mature, but yeaaah in the long run it will definitely pay off. And I will probably still be playing hex years down the road.

Krenos
06-04-2013, 04:36 AM
Of course, the 156 boosters is the bare minimum. In all likelihood, you could enter a swiss draft (almost certainly the draft with the lowest average skill) and win 1.5 boosters on average. So that 156 boosters becomes 234, not to mention the chance of those prize boosters turning into primals.

Also not to mention the fact that you choose the cards you pick, so you can rare draft for more value or possibly 50/50 and still win

TheWrathofShane
06-04-2013, 04:37 AM
Also not to mention the fact that you choose the cards you pick, so you can rare draft for more value or possibly 50/50 and still win

Those 6 AA cards might be worth 52 drafts ^_^

Krenos
06-04-2013, 04:37 AM
I would say to stop replying to this. It feels like stirring the old argument of Pro Players pot.

Some see value in it, some don't. PP is still sold out.

To be honest, I think someone is trying to get some people on the fence to fall out of the PP tier so he can snag it for himself.

DisOrd3r
06-04-2013, 04:38 AM
Listen ;) we all know you want people to drop their pro player so you can snatch one ;)
I want one more! :D

TheWrathofShane
06-04-2013, 04:39 AM
Listen ;) we all know you want people to drop their pro player so you can snatch one ;)

Wooooah nice bonus you got there.

Another PP tier thats 3 free drafts for life. O.o

Krenos
06-04-2013, 04:39 AM
Those 6 AA cards might be worth 52 drafts ^_^

12 AA cards, 2 of each of the 6
There's already gonna be 2k of each floating around, depending on the value people see in them they could be valuable but doubtful not for a while, at least 4-6 months.

Floru
06-04-2013, 04:40 AM
To be honest, I think someone is trying to get some people on the fence to fall out of the PP tier so he can snag it for himself.

It's been attempted before as well :) My best advise is to just wait on the hex kickstarter and try to snag last-minute drop-outs. Though the amount of people laying in wait for PPs and GKs to open, it's tough.

DisOrd3r
06-04-2013, 04:40 AM

Another PP tier thats 3 free drafts for life. O.o

I would like to go 2 GK and 2 PP ^^

TheWrathofShane
06-04-2013, 04:41 AM
12 AA cards, 2 of each of the 6
There's already gonna be 2k of each floating around, depending on the value people see in them they could be valuable but doubtful not for a while, at least 4-6 months.

Where do you see 2 of each? I dont see it anywhere bro, there PvP AA so not included with the +1 PvE exclusive stretch goal.

Floru
06-04-2013, 04:41 AM

*Grasps his pledged tiers and screams in a Gollum voice* My precious...

TheWrathofShane
06-04-2013, 04:42 AM
I would like to go 2 GK and 2 PP ^^

Why not just dragonlord + PP?

You would get a vanity card bro, not to mention dragon-lord exclusive sleeves, oh and dinner at gen con.

Krenos
06-04-2013, 04:43 AM

Another PP tier that's 3 free drafts for life. O.o

4 free drafts a week for the first year if he keeps the separate accounts.
3 free drafts a week for life after that, sound good to me.

Where do you see 2 of each? I dont see it anywhere bro, there PvP AA so not included with the +1 PvE exclusive stretch goal.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cze/hex-mmo-trading-card-game/posts/490603

Question: Can the +1 Reward at the 660K tier apply to The Collector Tier yearly exclusive alternate art PVP cards?

That makes sense. Yes, enjoy!

DisOrd3r
06-04-2013, 04:45 AM
Why not just dragonlord + PP?

You would get a vanity card bro, not to mention dragon-lord exclusive sleeves, oh and dinner at gen con.

Because I want 4 drafts a week? ^^
And a whole set of the pvp art :D

TheWrathofShane
06-04-2013, 04:46 AM
4 free drafts a week for the first year if he keeps the separate accounts.
3 free drafts a week for life after that, sound good to me.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cze/hex-mmo-trading-card-game/posts/490603

Question: Can the +1 Reward at the 660K tier apply to The Collector Tier yearly exclusive alternate art PVP cards?

That makes sense. Yes, enjoy!

Ahhhhhh nice. They didnt have to do that, the way it was worded it actually didnt make sense.

TheWrathofShane
06-04-2013, 04:47 AM
Because I want 4 drafts a week? ^^
And a whole set of the pvp art :D

:D You would get x4 PvP AA art with x2 grand kings wouldnt you?

DisOrd3r
06-04-2013, 04:49 AM
Yes :) and 2 extra draft from PP, that's why I wanted 2 GK and 2 PP :) (or 1 GK and 1 PP as I already have the other two)

Krenos
06-04-2013, 04:49 AM
:D You would get x4 PvP AA art with x2 grand kings wouldnt you?
That's what he wants to do, someone told him to go Dragon Lord and he wouldn't get half his set.

verozo
06-04-2013, 04:50 AM
I don't get this thread. Is this a bait, trying to lure PP tiers to back out?

DisOrd3r
06-04-2013, 04:52 AM

Probably my friend :)

TheWrathofShane
06-04-2013, 04:53 AM

Just explaining facts that everyone gets a free draft for a year at that level, and if you dont do well against 2,000 other people your not going to start seeing your benefit until a full year down the road.

To each his own though, surprised PP sold out first.

TheDiv
06-04-2013, 04:54 AM

Grand King is terrible.

TheDiv
06-04-2013, 04:55 AM
Just explaining facts that everyone gets a free draft for a year at that level, and if you dont do well against 2,000 other people your not going to start seeing your benefit until a full year down the road.

PP sold out before the 1yr free drafts for the other $250 tiers was announced.

DisOrd3r
06-04-2013, 04:57 AM

And people don't know how to change pledge! Right? ;) (Warning, may contain sarcasm)

TheWrathofShane
06-04-2013, 04:57 AM
Grand King is terrible.

Agreed :D
Your paying 250 extra to get all of the kickstarter exclusive bonus's at the 250 level!

TheWrathofShane
06-04-2013, 04:58 AM

Yeah so it might open up because you dont even start getting benefit from the tier for an entire year unless you can beat 2,000 people in that tourney.

Krenos
06-04-2013, 05:00 AM
Yeah so it might open up because you dont even start getting benefit from the tier for an entire year unless you can beat 2,000 people in that tourney.

There will be more than one tournament!
Shall i find that article for you too?

TheWrathofShane
06-04-2013, 05:02 AM
There will be more than one tournament!
Shall i find that article for you too?

Yeah! :D

Krenos
06-04-2013, 05:17 AM
Jeeze took me forever to find:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cze/hex-mmo-trading-card-game/posts/484901

- Entry into special promotional Kickstarter tournaments. Due to the high number of donations, we will be breaking this up into smaller groups and offering the same prize multiple times, and you will be given the specific group to participate in. Consider this a bonus and reward for your amazing generosity!

benczi
06-04-2013, 05:19 AM
The second I saw this: '1 free draft / week for life.' was the second I knew I had to pledge, and where my pledge would go.

There is an IMMENCE difference between 'for 1 year' and 'for life'.

verozo
06-04-2013, 05:24 AM
It's true that you don't really benefit compared to other 250 tiers until after a year. If you expect Hex to live a very, very long time, it's really a no-brainer why PP tier was sold out the first.

Of course, if you're just baiting PP tiers to back out... good luck :)

Omniloathe
06-04-2013, 06:13 AM
TheWrathofShane, stop repeating the "wait one year" mantra.

Everyone knows that, its not some enlightened insight everyone else missed. People decided having an extra draft per week after 1 year >> getting other benefits for 1 extra year. They see themselves playing for more than one year. Its that simple.

Cotton
06-04-2013, 06:18 AM
Ok budd, the free draft a week is for 8 people. Once that fills another one fills ect.. Your playing against 7 others

Brumby66
06-04-2013, 06:20 AM

You won't see an additional benefit compared to the other 250's until after a year, but if this game only lasts a year then it was a bad investment to begin with. PP is amazing! Which other 250 tier can get you cards from every set there is and will ever be?

benczi
06-04-2013, 06:59 AM
You won't get your benefit until after a year, but if this game only lasts a year then it was a bad investment to begin with. PP is amazing! Which other 250 tier can get you cards from every set there is and will ever be?

That's an easy one: Producer of course :D
edit: just noticed the 250 part, oh well, still, producer is the best, ... if only I had the $$$ for it :(

BossHoss
06-04-2013, 07:15 AM
You won't get your benefit until after a year, but if this game only lasts a year then it was a bad investment to begin with. PP is amazing! Which other 250 tier can get you cards from every set there is and will ever be?

For those fortunate enough to stack PP your benefit starts right away... That is 4 1/3 boxes of boosters per block... for life! I am happy with that any day hence why I helped sell out the drafts so fast

Brumby66
06-04-2013, 08:03 AM
For those fortunate enough to stack PP your benefit starts right away... That is 4 1/3 boxes of boosters per block... for life! I am happy with that any day hence why I helped sell out the drafts so fast

OP is saying there would be no benefit in comparison to the other 250 tiers for a year. I'll edit the other post.

Krenos
06-04-2013, 02:37 PM
Ok budd, the free draft a week is for 8 people. Once that fills another one fills ect.. Your playing against 7 others

He was talking about the exclusive tournament to win 4 of every release card.

Tyrfang
06-04-2013, 03:33 PM
They're actually going to run several pools for the grand prize tournament, because there are so many people.

Direct quote:
"Entry into special promotional Kickstarter tournaments. Due to the high number of donations, we will be breaking this up into smaller groups and offering the same prize multiple times, and you will be given the specific group to participate in. Consider this a bonus and reward for your amazing generosity!"

funktion
06-04-2013, 03:41 PM
It's worth it to me, not to mention you can't stack the free drafts from other tiers unless you make multiple accounts.

Travis
06-04-2013, 03:44 PM
No it's not worth it but I had an extra $250 rolled a die and that's the result that came up. Guess I am lucky. If I can make it playing this game for 40 weeks and I only use the drafts it paid for itself.

TLDR: Yes is you agree with math.