PDA

View Full Version : Something I'd like to see, that I enjoyed in MTGO...

jaxsonbateman
06-04-2013, 07:27 AM
While some of you may view this idea as 'tainted' seeing as I'm saying I'd enjoying it off the back of enjoying it in MTGO, but hey, a good thing is a good thing even if it's inspired by a competitor. :-)

Personally in MTGO, there were only two things I did: draft, and play in the trial room with the precon decks. I actually enjoyed playing with the precons - I didn't feel comfortable taking my small collection of drafted cards to a constructed room of any sort as I knew I'd get creamed by people that were actually buying and trading for top line digital decks, but in the precon rooms, I knew myself and the opponent would be playing fairly even powered decks.

I'm hoping something like this is implemented in Hex - a free-to-play area, or perhaps even trial room that doesn't require a full-account (but people with accounts can enter anyway if they wish), where players can choose one of the precons and play against others with the same. No prizes, no insane decks, just two people having a duel with a low powered starter deck.

Any thoughts? Am I the only one that likes this idea? I found that from time to time it was nice to go in there and just have a low key, balanced, casual match. :-3

Tyrfang
06-04-2013, 07:30 AM
That's... guild bank battle format.

warstriker
06-04-2013, 07:43 AM
That's... guild bank battle format.

this ;)