PDA

View Full Version : What do you hope the last two stretch goals will be?

traeki
06-04-2013, 09:09 AM
I'm curious what the rest of you would like to see. At this point I kind of feel like I'm getting everything I would want. What would make the game sweeter/more appealing to those who haven't bought in yet?

Where you y'all think we're headed this afternoon?

Tathel
06-04-2013, 09:13 AM
Tanuki race being added to set 2!!!

*dreams* but now i'm really not sure what else they have left to give. Maybe art?

Stok3d
06-04-2013, 09:15 AM
I'd want:

1. Updated forums detailed out Here (http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=23594)
2. Integrated DB with Forums. At bare minimum this would include the ability to create card mouse-overs.
3. Transparency when the additional employees are hired / subbed out to show the excess money is producing a better game quicker

Lord_Wrath
06-04-2013, 09:15 AM
A 4 issue comic book mini-series would be nice.

Chance
06-04-2013, 09:19 AM
strippers and coke with a side of jack to ease the pain of our 500-10000$ donations

Qorsair
06-04-2013, 09:20 AM
I'd like to see them bring in support for other languages. I'm american and only speak english fluently, but that could expand the playerbase significantly.

Vengus
06-04-2013, 09:29 AM
2mil, Kyle will wrestle a freaking bear. I won't let him get away with that one!

Badmoonz
06-04-2013, 09:33 AM
Steam integration.

Madican
06-04-2013, 09:36 AM
Better forums with a moderator staff.

Chance
06-04-2013, 09:39 AM
Madican they are game developers not dream makers lets try and be realistic here...

Madican
06-04-2013, 09:40 AM
speaking of dream makers, still hoping for Brandon Sanderson as the novel writer in today's update.

Drelder
06-04-2013, 09:42 AM
Offline play for practicing. Offline play will have no effect in terms of XP'ing in the game.

Tyrfang
06-04-2013, 09:44 AM
Offline play is unlikely, because they stated repeatedly the AI is being handled server-side. (along with other potential reasons)

jaxsonbateman
06-04-2013, 09:45 AM
Language support seems like a great idea, though I don't know how easy or difficult that is for a game in development, so I have no idea if that would be a feasible goal.

I like the Steam idea too, but same deal, I don't know if that's feasible or not without causing delays in order to get it done.

Some sort of PvE competition at some point would be good, IMO. As a long time WoW high end PvEr, I always thoroughly enjoyed the PvE side of things. We had competitions sorted out by ourselves (progression as the most notable), but there's potential there for Crypto to get involved. Like a competition involving time trials for dungeons, or how fast a raid can clear an encounter or things like that. IIRC Blizz did it with WoW and two raid teams (a race to see who could clear a raid the fastest) at a convention - but I might be misremembering, or it might have been a wonderful dream. :-P

Chance
06-04-2013, 09:47 AM
Honestly I can't get through the first few chapters of mistborn, I think I'm just burning out on fantasy novels

Selix
06-04-2013, 09:49 AM
Steam Integration and some kind of offline play mode for when the power is out (or the tablet is out of range of wifi) Doesn't need to be fully fledged right off the start though

Honestly I got so much with the initial package even without the stretch goals that I am quite content were I am at. I won't stop Cory from giving me more but it's like "Hey you need to stay in business to!"

Maybe some high end subscription plans like $10/mo and receive 1 primal pack on Holidays in addition to the std. plan or something.

Kilo24
06-04-2013, 09:49 AM
Doubling the bonuses from Collector so that a playset of alternative art and Kickstarter exclusive cards are given, generalizing Dungeon Crawler + Raid Leader to all non-tournament PvE, and improving Guild Master... somehow. All of these could stand to be improved from double Kings.

Personally, I mildly disliked the weekly free drafts being added to all the non-Pro-Player tiers, primarily because the benefits didn't fit the themes.

Storm_Fireblade
06-04-2013, 09:50 AM
Language support, especially german and french should really be considered, yeah. Client and website related.

tgm0112
06-04-2013, 09:56 AM
Expanded keep system. Players own land around their home as well as the keep itself. Land trades hands via challenging other players. Land can be upgraded to blacksmith shops (crafting improvements), treasury (+10% loot), scryer's guild (+.5% chance of primal packs), etc. Small rewards, but a sense of personal pride. Not for beta or release, of course.
Greater character customization of any kind. Always good and relatively easy to tack on.
Set up an IRL method to print in-game cards. Be nice to have physical copies of our favorites.
Multiple language support, porque algunos de nosotros no hablamos ingles como primer idioma.
Hire a small number of people for a Hex webcomic.
A few Set III boosters for backers.
Install a soundtrack system in the game with several different themes (e.g. March of the Shin'Hare, Necrotic Chill). Nothing too fancy, but it'd be easy to add.
Adding a pet system that mechanistically boils down to an alternate charge power for your champion for some nice mix-n-match.
Nothing at all because I'm already more than happy with their immense generosity and dedication.

jaxsonbateman
06-04-2013, 09:57 AM
Doubling the bonuses from Collector so that a playset of alternative art and Kickstarter exclusive cards are given, generalizing Dungeon Crawler + Raid Leader to all non-tournament PvE, and improving Guild Master... somehow. All of these could stand to be improved from double Kings.

Personally, I mildly disliked the weekly free drafts being added to all the non-Pro-Player tiers, primarily because the benefits didn't fit the themes.
For the weekly free draft, I believe it's to get people into drafting. If they start doing those, find that they like it, but don't win enough packs to continue - they'll have to buy packs (well, except probably not in set one where KS starts them off with heaps, but in set 2 onwards they will). Thus, profit!

Drelder
06-04-2013, 10:03 AM
Auto-AI support when someone drops out of your raid team and you're waiting and waiting and waiting...

Vorpal
06-04-2013, 10:09 AM
2 Million: we'll invent a time machine
2.5 million: once we' invent it, we'll travel back in time to today, pick you up, then drop you off in 2014 when the game is released.

Tyrfang
06-04-2013, 10:10 AM
They won't be doing any large gameplay-related features, only because they don't want to push back the date.

The last stretch goals will probably be either organizational commitments or something like a pot guarantee for the championship.

Maybe freebie product giveaways.

jai151
06-04-2013, 10:13 AM
2 Million: we'll invent a time machine
2.5 million: once we' invent it, we'll travel back in time to today, pick you up, then drop you off in 2014 when the game is released.

Wouldn't it be better to go to 2014 and come back with a functional version of the game?

Kilo24
06-04-2013, 10:21 AM
For the weekly free draft, I believe it's to get people into drafting. If they start doing those, find that they like it, but don't win enough packs to continue - they'll have to buy packs (well, except probably not in set one where KS starts them off with heaps, but in set 2 onwards they will). Thus, profit!
I'm aware that that's part of the rationale, and also that it should improve the draft queue times. I'm also happy that they were willing to do something to fix the inequality between equally priced tiers once it became apparent; it bodes well for their efforts in game balance once the game is released.

I'm just personally disappointed that they chose to fix that inequality by adding a limited version of the most powerful tier to the rest. It didn't fit with the design of the underpowered tiers.

NaharPT
06-04-2013, 10:27 AM
Better foruns and a moderation staff it's a pretty standart request for 200.000$ extra, at 2M$ level.

Community will be almost everything in this game, so the stronger and the most organized, the better. To them and to us all.

Vexin
06-04-2013, 10:33 AM
I would love to see a prerelease PvE tournament the last weekend on beta. 1 entry per account. Prizes would be gear.

Also on a side note, wouldn't it be a good idea to combine the Raid Leader and Guild Master tiers? Call it the social butterfly tier as those tiers are all about the social aspect of the game.

RuthlessSqueak
06-04-2013, 10:46 AM
Character artwork that reflects equipment being worn.

Annual/Quarterly limited (sealed or draft) tournament with a prize of being able to design a dungeon/card with cryptozoic staff.

Race to complete mechanics that reward players for being the first to complete certain PVE content after launch, such as a reward for first people to complete most difficult dungeon/raid in heroic mode etc.

majin
06-04-2013, 11:21 AM
i personally prefer thse to be in the stretch goal rewards (i don't mind the stretch goals as they have given us a lot already)

I know these are OVERKILL rewards as they have given us a lot but if they feel generous, these are really good ideas AFAIC

EXCLUSIVE Tournament per tier (those who merge accounts will be in the highest tier bracket) (eg. squire tier tourney, $250 tier tourney / [collectors/DC/PP/RL) tourney) - prices on higher tiers will obviously be better than the lower tiers and the number of winners will be based on how many participants are there

1. +1 on all cards (2nd stretch goal) (so those who got lower tiers will get an almost complete set without the need to buy multiple tiers - EXCLUDING lotus)
2. +2 on all cards (3rd stretch goal) (so those who got lower tiers will get a complete set of the ks exclusive cards - EXCLUDING lotus)

and/or
4. even more primals
5. even more free drafts (this will really benefit those who can't afford the $250+ tiers)
6. even more dragon blood starter (lower tiers will get one, the one that already has it will have an extra one)
7. even more set 2 boosters
8. set 3 boosters
9. more legendary equips - so the lower tier will have one or two and the king+ will have more
10. alpha/beta invite a friend with a free random starter deck and maybe 2 boosters. this can be exploitable but I really want to invite a couple of our friends to try it out

Daer
06-04-2013, 11:22 AM
I just hope they release both of them today.

majin
06-04-2013, 11:25 AM
I just hope they release both of them today.

i agree, we may not probably hit the last one but i still want to know what we will miss

nearlysober
06-04-2013, 11:26 AM
Keep in mind they will not be announcing any new functionality for launch.

Scope creep kills quality, so this is a good thing.

Maybe next goal will be bringing on some web developers for a portal/armory type site? Even that might be difficult though.