PDA

View Full Version : Fun Mercenaries!

HappyFoo
06-04-2013, 09:37 AM
The addition of the Cardboard Tube Samurai as a mercenary has put a big grin on my face. Tongue-in-cheek stuff can be fun as long as it's the exception and not the rule. I was just wondering what other fun type of Mercenaries might make it into the Hex universe.

Maybe some more "cross universe" stuff like the Cardboard Tube Samurai, such as characters from other games. The Kid from Bastion or Red from Transistor? GLaDOS or Gordon Freeman or The Pyro? Maybe Fez could make an appearance! And why limit it to fiction: Albert Einstein or Nicola Tesla could show up to to lend their Mercenary skills.

Just some "for fun" thoughts. What are some ideas for some completely off-the-wall Mercenaries, if they decide to have a little fun with the idea?

Tyrfang
06-04-2013, 09:39 AM
How many walls can you break if you bring Jace?

Madican
06-04-2013, 09:41 AM
I want a Mistborn mercenary. Even if Brandon Sanderson isn't the novel writer. If he is though I want one for sure.

Tyrfang
06-04-2013, 09:42 AM
Maybe just a coinshot...

Chance
06-04-2013, 09:44 AM
I NEED a kim Jong ill for my no land bunny deck, where i constantly throw out empty threats while discarding my bunnies cause I cant afford shit

Tyrfang
06-04-2013, 09:45 AM
I NEED a kim Jong ill for my no land bunny deck, where i constantly throw out empty threats while discarding my bunnies cause I cant afford shit

Ugh, imagine the press from that. Please, no.

jaxsonbateman
06-04-2013, 09:50 AM
As fun as he is, I want to point out that Cardboard Tube Samurai isn't terrible (I know it wasn't said he was, but I feel like he gives off this aura of not being great, if that makes sense). ;-) His 1 charge = 1 damage is pretty much the same as that orc that creates Blaze Elementals, except that CTS doesn't have to worry about blockers and occasionally unleashes a hit of unrelenting doom. Tonkatsu is pretty handy for farming in PvE, and his drawback can be mostly negated if you keep him out of combat. If I remember right Meditate was shown in the dwarf deck, and is draw 3 cards for 2 mana. Having one of those in your opening hand and not having to be in sapphire to play it is pretty handy (plus he allows sapphire gems in your deck even if you're not playing sapphire). And Path Through Oblivion, while likely really expensive, is almost always going to be massive card advantage.

As for a fun merc - a Voltron style mecha please! <3 Maybe something with a passive that puts five different artifact troops into your deck, with one of them having the ability: [exhaust this troop and the four other voltron troops]: void these cards, and put super-zomg-awesome robot into play. Something insanely big with a lot of powerful keywords. Pretty please!

Erebus
06-04-2013, 09:55 AM
How do we know this isn't Beboop? :)

Madican
06-04-2013, 10:09 AM
Maybe just a coinshot...

Or a seer...

larryhl
06-04-2013, 10:49 AM
Most of the characters mentioned in OP probably won't make it in the game due to licensing fees. I'm quite sure Penny Arcade is just being awesome (as they always are) to allow CTS in the game for a nominal or even no fee. However, whoever they get as the author may allow one of his/her characters in the game as part of the deal.

Eryn_Shades
06-04-2013, 10:50 AM
No we need a Pewterarm :)

Dratzl
06-04-2013, 10:55 AM
Or a seer...

Inquisitor (Necrotic Merc) anyone?.. No? ^.^

Madican
06-04-2013, 11:05 AM
Inquisitor (Necrotic Merc) anyone?.. No? ^.^

Oh hell yes.

BenRGamer
06-04-2013, 11:13 AM
I don't know about 'fun' but there's a Kickstarter Mercenary that's basically a giant fart joke... I didn't like that one.

Vibraxus
06-04-2013, 11:26 AM
Most of the characters mentioned in OP probably won't make it in the game due to licensing fees. I'm quite sure Penny Arcade is just being awesome (as they always are) to allow CTS in the game for a nominal or even no fee. However, whoever they get as the author may allow one of his/her characters in the game as part of the deal.

Salvatore And Drizzt.

Actually Id LOVE to see Asprin and bring in Tempus or Jubal as a merc....

Dratzl
06-04-2013, 12:02 PM
I don't know about 'fun' but there's a Kickstarter Mercenary that's basically a giant fart joke... I didn't like that one.

At least this one kiiiiinda fits into the world - but a sombrero-wearing mushroom? (Emphasis on the sombrero)
This is where the fun ends for me ._.

I love salvatore and drizzt - got all his books at home. But for this world i dont know, it doesn't quite fit for me.
He just seems to be TOO popular ^.^

Gwaer
06-04-2013, 12:07 PM
I think the Mooof is my favorite merc.

Daer
06-04-2013, 12:10 PM
Yeah Mooof is awesome.

Vibraxus
06-04-2013, 12:48 PM
At least this one kiiiiinda fits into the world - but a sombrero-wearing mushroom? (Emphasis on the sombrero)
This is where the fun ends for me ._.

I love salvatore and drizzt - got all his books at home. But for this world i dont know, it doesn't quite fit for me.
He just seems to be TOO popular ^.^

While I do love the books, and the character of Drizzt, when I mention it as a possibility, its really just a joke.

Jubal or Tempus on the other hand would rock my world if they were mercs in game.