PDA

View Full Version : Sniping PP

fido_one
06-04-2013, 09:56 AM
Hey all,

I've been auto-refreshing per second in Chrome (the firefox one isn't my cup o' tea) for almost 3 days now and I guess I'm doing something wrong?

When I first started I got a sound for PP but missed it. Now I've been monitoring about 8 hours a day for 3 days and have not seen one open up.

Also, I see that the PP total on KS is fluctuating between 913 and 914 - a couple of times a day which would mess up the notification ping.

Thoughts? Thanks!

Stok3d
06-04-2013, 09:58 AM
people have setups that auto buy them w/i a second of post--I see them talking about it in the KS threads. If you are doing it manually, you will never get one as your reaction time to purchase is too slow.

fido_one
06-04-2013, 10:03 AM
Thanks St0k3d, I'll have to look into the auto-buy scripts (anyone got a link handy? I must have missed those) though I should still be getting a sound ping with the auto-refresh and then maybe missing the purchase - I haven't got a sound ping at all the last 3 days.

jaxsonbateman
06-04-2013, 10:05 AM
I'd expect most movement to occur on the last day, and the last few hours. Some people may upgrade, some people may realise they can't afford it, some may be trying to hold spots for other people, and all that jazz.

Stok3d
06-04-2013, 11:07 AM
Thanks St0k3d, I'll have to look into the auto-buy scripts (anyone got a link handy? I must have missed those) though I should still be getting a sound ping with the auto-refresh and then maybe missing the purchase - I haven't got a sound ping at all the last 3 days.

I've never used one... i saw a lot of ppl posting how to do it in KS though. If there are say 20x ppl with auto buy refreshing every second, you better be within 1/20th of a second of it being released, have a good ping, and your auto buy set up to get the thing.

I'm just trying to be honest, don't waste your time doing it manually right now if you're trying to snipe--you'll never get one and are wasting your time.

fido_one
06-05-2013, 01:43 PM
Thanks for these responses, want to kind-of bump this. I'm on day 4 (average of 6 hours a day monitoring) and really got what I think is the first bite but got to the page a solid 2 second after the sound. KS pledge change page now reads that PP is -5 of 913. So I guess 6 people got it?

I can't find any auto-buy directions in the forums - can anyone point these out to me? I can't compete as a living breathing entity.

ForgedSol
06-05-2013, 01:45 PM
Oh wow, it's crazy how sniping has escalated.

nickon
06-05-2013, 01:50 PM
Don't mean to be cocky but, AAWWWW YES! I finally got mine after almost 5-6 days of sniping :) Even though I was using auto-pledging, it's been a nerve wrecking ride to get me that PP tier! But what just happened there? 6 people (including me luckily) got it at once? I also saw the GK tier drop from 0 to -3, so apparently that was also quite a jump on that :)

@fido_one, since I already got what I want, I'll email you the instructions for auto-pledging. Even though you might be auto pledging, make sure that your browser doesn't get stuck refreshing. Sometimes you see at the bottom of your browser something like "Loading secure.chartbeat.com..." or "Loading ping.whatever.com..." and you need to press the "stop" button of your browser which cancels the current page loading and let your auto-refresher start off again.

Stig
Seriously, if anyone has any auto-buy advice I'm all ears. I've been trying since Friday and can't get anywhere on a GK.

Madican
Yeahhhh...started out fine enough with an auto-refresher. But now apparently someone has tacked on an auto-buy function to that so it gets snapped up faster than humanly possible. Hence five people snagging it at the exact same time.

And no one has shown others this method publicly that I've seen, so it really is an unfair advantage.

ForgedSol
06-05-2013, 01:53 PM
After the kickstarter is over, I'd love to hear the instructions. It will be useful for future kickstarters that I choose to back.

Tyrfang
Wow... -5 of 913.

Honestly, I think someone is buying them to resell.

Stig
@nickon I'd be really grateful for the steps to get the autobuy. Auto refresh is not cutting it anymore apparently.

fido_one
06-05-2013, 01:54 PM
Thanks Nickon, I'm all ears! Congrats on grabbing the PP.

Everyone's theory that these would move a lot towards the end was sound - but it's looking like we were wrong. I know it'll go up a bit, but these seem to move once a day or three, rather than a couple of times a day now.

d00dz
06-05-2013, 01:56 PM
@nickon I'd be really grateful for the steps to get the autobuy. Auto refresh is not cutting it anymore apparently.

Credit to Robert Boudreau who originally posted this.
How to Pledge Sold out Tiers while AFK
Make a shortcut for your Chrome Browser and add to the Target text box -disable-prompt-on-repost
Firefox , IE have similar the point is you want to disable certificate submission prompts.
Mine looks like this "C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" -disable-prompt-on-repost
-Step 1: Open manage pledge / back this project
-Step 2: Enter the dollar amount at the top of the tier sold out you wish to pledge
-Step 3: Click on any of the tiers and continue confirm and make sure you get an amazon payment email confirmation
-Step 4: Go back to the pledge page. Right click and "inspect element" the tier you've used to pledge through amazon payment (Not the sold out ones)
-Step 5: Find the "id" code for the tier that is sold out. Pro Player is 1435500, Grand King is 1435530. Those are the most popular ,but you get the point.
-Step 6: In the elements page copy paste and replace all the "id" codes of your temporary pledge to the sold out id code. You only copy the 7 digit codes the other text doesn't matter. This allows you to pledge the tier that is unavailable.
-Step 7: Click confirm and your almost done. Make sure it says please select another tier sold out etc in red.
-Step 8: Use a refresh add-on or use a keyboard pressing program to hit f5 every 1-2 seconds depending on how slow your connection is.
This allows you to skip multiple windows and you'll be sending confirms for the tier well before anyone can react manually to it becoming available.
Good luck, until we complete fubar the KS servers.

I did the above steps to upgrade one of my PPs to GK while I was away from my PC. Came back to see it upgraded :)

KingBlackstone
06-05-2013, 01:57 PM
I sniped mine before they sold out. 360 no scope.

nickon
06-05-2013, 02:00 PM
The instructions aren't really shared here on the forum yet (not that I know of, posting rate has gone through the roof recently), but you can easily find them in the KS comments sections. At least there's where I found mine from after Indormi made me aware of a more primitive auto-pledging method first (which didn't brought me any succes), but thanks for putting that to my attention! Otherwise I wouldn't have been auto-pledging at all.

I started of writing a script myself that parsed the html webpage of HEX, shooting out an email to me once pro player became available. But I wasn't able to react soon enough. After that I started joining in on the auto-refreshing, and that's when the first auto-pledging started I guess. Now alot of people are auto-pledging and that's why we see those drops from 1 of 913 to -X of 913 or whatever, which is a pity because now 6 PP tiers need to free up for some other people to start snagging them...

@ fido_one, Stig, check you PM in a minute

nickon
06-05-2013, 02:17 PM
Thanks d00dz, that's one! Thanks a bunch Robert for sharing, if you're out here on the forums as well :)
Stig and fido_one, I'll send you some more detailed explanation on how I set it up, since Robert's post still allows some freedom. Just to get you going!

Stig
06-05-2013, 02:20 PM
Thanks @nickon - the instructions d00dz posted are helpful, but whenever I replace the id value it ends up removing a bunch of stuff and not working correctly.

nickon
06-05-2013, 02:23 PM
Thanks @nickon - the instructions d00dz posted are helpful, but whenever I replace the id value it ends up removing a bunch of stuff and not working correctly.

Follow the modified instructions I sent you. And make sure you only replace the id, no other text or brackets or whatever from the html. Gotta get a first good night sleep in days now! Hope you can figure it out in the meantime :)

Aurorah
06-05-2013, 02:39 PM
Make a shortcut for your Chrome Browser and add to the Target text box -disable-prompt-on-repost
Firefox , IE have similar the point is you want to disable certificate submission prompts.
Mine looks like this "C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" -disable-prompt-on-repost
-Step 2: Enter the dollar amount at the top of the tier sold out you wish to pledge
-Step 3: Click on any of the tiers and continue confirm and make sure you get an amazon payment email confirmation
-Step 4: Go back to the pledge page. Right click and "inspect element" the tier you've used to pledge through amazon payment (Not the sold out ones)
-Step 5: Find the "id" code for the tier that is sold out. Pro Player is 1435500, Grand King is 1435530. Those are the most popular ,but you get the point.
-Step 6: In the elements page copy paste and replace all the "id" codes of your temporary pledge to the sold out id code. You only copy the 7 digit codes the other text doesn't matter. This allows you to pledge the tier that is unavailable.
-Step 7: Click confirm and your almost done. Make sure it says please select another tier sold out etc in red.
-Step 8: Use a refresh add-on or use a keyboard pressing program to hit f5 every 1-2 seconds depending on how slow your connection is.
This allows you to skip multiple windows and you'll be sending confirms for the tier well before anyone can react manually to it becoming available.

I did the above steps to upgrade one of my PPs to GK while I was away from my PC. Came back to see it upgraded :)

For Steps 5/6 instead of doing that complex thing just remove disabled="disabled" from the radio button element for whatever tier your trying to snipe.

And you can use this code to auto-refresh with autohotkey.

while 1=1
{
IfWinExist, HEX MMO Trading Card Game » Manage Your Pledge — Kickstarter - Google Chrome
{
WinActivate
WinWaitActive
Send, {F5}
Sleep 1750
}
}

Stig
06-05-2013, 02:53 PM
@nickon, you have a PM

Indormi
06-05-2013, 03:06 PM
@nickon Glad you finally got it! I don't really know how to make scripts so my method was pretty primitive for sure :). Since this KS started the method has evolved so much xD

Human preshing f5, auto-refreshing pluggins, tampering with auto refreshers to make auto-pledge, and now scripts! Evolution in a nutshell

Vibraxus
06-05-2013, 03:22 PM
This is nucking futz! But good luck folks.

MaxtionHero
06-05-2013, 03:39 PM

I am confused by Steps 5/6. Do I want to replace the id codes of the tier I'm currently pledged to with what I want to pledge? And then I hit the grren "Continue to next step" button, where I should get an error with my pledge numbers in red?

Massabik
06-05-2013, 03:52 PM
@nickon I sent you a message.

I am also trying to get back to a GK and steps 5/6 are getting me. I should never have let go of the GK I had :)

Shivdaddy
06-05-2013, 03:52 PM

I dont get this part, can someone PM this part please?

Massabik
06-05-2013, 03:54 PM

I dont get this part, can someone PM this part please?

right-click on your shortcut, and pick Properties on the bottom....you'll see the target field

fido_one
06-05-2013, 03:56 PM
I am confused by Steps 5/6. Do I want to replace the id codes of the tier I'm currently pledged to with what I want to pledge? And then I hit the grren "Continue to next step" button, where I should get an error with my pledge numbers in red?

I'm shooting myself in the foot here as I'm sniping this as well... but here goes:

You need to be on the 'manage account' page where there are radio buttons for each tier, right click (in chrome) an open tier and select 'inspect element', that will open up a bottom window in your browser, pick that open tier (marked by 'reward hovering' you are not on the right tier if it says 'reward disabled' - finding the starting point is a wee bit confusing, but you can hone in where they have IDs listed a couple of times), and in that bottom window, 'edit element' anytime you see the open tier ID and replace with the pro player or grand king ID listed in step 5.

Now click the 'continue to next step' button after those alterations. Yes, you are saying that you want to pick a tier you do not want. The resulting page should have on top the red dialogue that the tier is sold out. Look down the page and you'll see that the PP (or GK) is actually selected. Then do steps 7 and 8.

Good luck, though no offense, I hope I get it before you do...

Massabik
06-05-2013, 04:00 PM
Does it matter if I'm already pledged in dungeon crawler which is sold out? Or should it still work?

d00dz
06-05-2013, 04:07 PM
Does it matter if I'm already pledged in dungeon crawler which is sold out? Or should it still work?

No, just make sure not to make any mistakes. I had a Pro Player tier which I upgraded to a GK and didn't have any problems. The script dropped the Pro Player as it upgraded to teh GK.

MaxtionHero
06-05-2013, 04:11 PM
I'm shooting myself in the foot here as I'm sniping this as well... but here goes:

You need to be on the 'manage account' page where there are radio buttons for each tier, right click (in chrome) an open tier and select 'inspect element', that will open up a bottom window in your browser, pick that open tier (marked by 'reward hovering' you are not on the right tier if it says 'reward disabled' - finding the starting point is a wee bit confusing, but you can hone in where they have IDs listed a couple of times), and in that bottom window, 'edit element' anytime you see the open tier ID and replace with the pro player or grand king ID listed in step 5.

Now click the 'continue to next step' button after those alterations. Yes, you are saying that you want to pick a tier you do not want. The resulting page should have on top the red dialogue that the tier is sold out. Look down the page and you'll see that the PP (or GK) is actually selected. Then do steps 7 and 8.

Good luck, though no offense, I hope I get it before you do...

Thanks, think I got it working. The page that is refreshing show what my pledge currently is, so I'm sure that will update when/if it does through. Is that right?

fido_one
06-05-2013, 04:14 PM
Thanks, think I got it working. The page that is refreshing show what my pledge currently is, so I'm sure that will update when/if it does through. Is that right?

Your guess is as good as mine, but it stands to reason! Fingers crossed for both of us!

Gwaer
06-05-2013, 04:17 PM
Now. I spoiled how to manually do it, and select it yourself, that at least is about some form of reaction time and forcing people to sit at their computer. There are way easier ways to automate it than he is suggesting here. But... I'm not gonna go there. Seems like bad sportsmanship to me.

MaxtionHero
06-05-2013, 04:20 PM
I hope you get it before I do as well. Appreciate the help, good luck to both of us.

fido_one
06-05-2013, 04:20 PM
Now. I spoiled how to manually do it, and select it yourself, that at least is about some form of reaction time and forcing people to sit at their computer. There are way easier ways to automate it than he is suggesting here. But... I'm not gonna go there. Seems like bad sportsmanship to me.

I actually had a PP and had to give it up (long story). I sniped it the manual way (and yes Gwaer, I think you were kind enough to explain the process that I used). Times have changed though! After four days of trying it in a manual fashion, sniping technology has moved on apparently!

Good luck everyone! Thanks for helping me out with this.

Tyrfang
06-05-2013, 04:24 PM
Hex marks the day that pledge tier snipes have evolved into bots.

I wonder how much the pledge page is costing KS in bandwidth.

Fortunately, I got my pledges before they sold out.

I tried to grab a PP, but gave up.

Shivdaddy
06-05-2013, 04:32 PM
Step 7: Click confirm and your almost done. Make sure it says please select another tier sold out etc in red.

How do I confirm on chrome? I dont see it.

Stig
06-05-2013, 04:37 PM
I ran into an issue with this where it won't keep any of the changes I'm making in Inspect Elements. I think I'm giving up. Better for my bank account I suppose, but a bit disappointing. I should have just pulled the trigger when I had the option early on. Oh well! Best of luck to all you snipers :) I'll sit content with my DC + King.

tacospag
06-05-2013, 04:39 PM
the artificial limits on tiers are ridiculous.

Stig
06-05-2013, 04:53 PM
It actually does make sense from their perspective. If everybody at the $250 level could get free drafts for life, they'd stand to lose out on a lot of money. I think it would make some sense for them to open up more of some of the higher tiers - they'd probably make up most of the money they'd lose out on from giving out more drafts at the $500+ levels.

Tyrfang
06-05-2013, 04:54 PM
Pretty much all video game KS pledge tier limits are artificial and arbitrary.

Stig
06-05-2013, 05:04 PM
I'd disagree. Things like Design-a-Card and Design-a-Dungeon are not cheap/easy for Crypto. They have to devote significant time and resources to these things. If they opened up more of these as an option, sure they'd potentially make more on the Kickstarter, but they'd also have to devote a lot of time and resources to building out the dungeons, balancing the new cards, etc. There is good reason to limit those types of rewards.

Shivdaddy
06-05-2013, 05:28 PM
Ok I can get to step 5 where it says sold out in red. When I press f5 it works as intended but when I use Auto refresh plus in google chrome it just goes to the next page below on first refresh every time. What is going wrong there? If it makes a difference I have $120 pledged and trying to get the $90 pledge.

Your pledge

You are currently pledging $120.00 to HEX MMO Trading Card Game.

fido_one
06-05-2013, 05:32 PM
The 90 dollar early King tier? I'm curious if one of those open up - worth a try. I think you are fine with that message - that's what I'm getting, it should auto-swap you if one becomes available.

Boozecluez
06-05-2013, 05:36 PM
How goes the sniping ..Must be alot tougher now with it being at minus ,but there are probably alot refreshing at the same time so you may get lucky

bizznach
06-05-2013, 05:40 PM
what the heck does Mine looks like this "C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" -disable-prompt-on-repost mean?how does that work?

fido_one
06-05-2013, 05:41 PM
That gets rid of the 'do you want to resubmit the form' pop up dialogue.

Shivdaddy
06-05-2013, 05:42 PM
Why does auto refresh plus app take me to the wrong screen? When I manually refresh it works as intended, but that damn app ruins it.

fido_one
06-05-2013, 05:43 PM
See post 47, do you have the disable-prompt-on-repost flag on your chrome instance? Step 1 if I remember correctly.

Gwaer
06-05-2013, 05:53 PM
It's so hard to stop myself from answering questions. I think I'll manage it for this nonsense though. =/

nekoangel
06-06-2013, 03:55 AM
The minus tiers are really annoying to me. What if they end in the a minus how does that help?
I to wanted an early bird king so i could spend the other money on your a second tier but now I have no chance unless I cheat like others....
I've seen one open up in the art few days but missed it and now it's in minus like others it nearly a no chance. I'll just have to sink for normal king tier it seems.

nickon
06-06-2013, 04:18 AM
I saw it go to minus several times, but was still able to grab the tier I wanted. Just hang in there. Especially these last couple of days tiers will be circulating fast! Yesterday evening it was on -5 and now it has already been to +1 and back down to -3 again (currently).

For those not able to set up the auto refresh, it didn't work for me either in chrome. Try Firefox with "check 4 change" plugin. That's how I snatched mine. Good luck!

Ben
06-06-2013, 04:55 AM
I did everything d00dz said, it says you selected, but also all gone! ... how do you know when you've successfully done it?

Fateanomaly
06-06-2013, 05:06 AM
If the you selected is on the tier, it means you got it.

Ben
06-06-2013, 05:10 AM
If the you selected is on the tier, it means you got it.

Oh? I was collector, did what was said in this thread, said that soon after. Switched to dungeon crawler it seems :D

EdwardBishop
06-06-2013, 08:18 AM
Oh? I was collector, did what was said in this thread, said that soon after. Switched to dungeon crawler it seems :D

I honestly don't think that's true until it's confirmed in Amazon... because when I continue to next step, still has my old pledge as my 'old pledge' and not my 'new' one... EVEN THOUGH it says my new tier is "You Selected"

Ben
06-06-2013, 08:25 AM
I honestly don't think that's true until it's confirmed in Amazon... because when I continue to next step, still has my old pledge as my 'old pledge' and not my 'new' one... EVEN THOUGH it says my new tier is "You Selected"

Oh? well I got my amazon email saying reward: dungeon crawler tier, so I assume that comfirms it? :3

TheWrathofShane
06-06-2013, 08:32 AM
I've never used one... i saw a lot of ppl posting how to do it in KS though. If there are say 20x ppl with auto buy refreshing every second, you better be within 1/20th of a second of it being released, have a good ping, and your auto buy set up to get the thing.

I'm just trying to be honest, don't waste your time doing it manually right now if you're trying to snipe--you'll never get one and are wasting your time.

Lol what the ****

EdwardBishop
06-06-2013, 08:35 AM
Oh? well I got my amazon email saying reward: dungeon crawler tier, so I assume that comfirms it? :3
Yes, Amazon would... congratulations... I haven't managed to be that successful yet.

Ben
06-06-2013, 08:37 AM
Yes, Amazon would... congratulations... I haven't managed to be that successful yet.

I'm sure PP and GK would be a lot harder to have achieved though.

verozo
06-06-2013, 08:53 AM

Wait , what? An email from amazon? I only had an email from KS :

"Your pledge has been successfully changed for:
HEX MMO Trading Card Game

by Cryptozoic Entertainment

New Pledge Summary
AMOUNT PLEDGED
$250.00

REWARD
THE PRO PLAYER TIER:"

Something like this?

nickon
06-06-2013, 10:48 AM
Wait , what? An email from amazon? I only had an email from KS :

"Your pledge has been successfully changed for:

New Pledge Summary
AMOUNT PLEDGED
$250.00

REWARD
THE PRO PLAYER TIER:"

Something like this?

No worries, that'll do the trick :) Congratz

FireSummoner
06-06-2013, 11:28 AM
I am a bit curious of what Cryptozoic will do(if anything) if we end with too many people in a tier?

Tyrfang
06-06-2013, 11:30 AM
I am a bit curious of what Cryptozoic will do(if anything) if we end with too many people in a tier?

Probably nothing, unless they find out it's literally one guy holding 30 slots and it's at -29 of 913.

Raykefire
06-06-2013, 01:12 PM
Just want to thank those contributing to this thread, since my wife and I are now both Grand Kings. It's pretty impressive that even an html luddite like myself could be taught to make this happen. Thanks again all, and to those still trying to legitimatly increase their pledge or grab themselves what they want, good luck.

Selix
06-06-2013, 06:10 PM
For Steps 5/6 instead of doing that complex thing just remove disabled="disabled" from the radio button element for whatever tier your trying to snipe.

And you can use this code to auto-refresh with autohotkey.

while 1=1
{
IfWinExist, HEX MMO Trading Card Game » Manage Your Pledge — Kickstarter - Google Chrome
{
WinActivate
WinWaitActive
Send, {F5}
Sleep 1750
}
}

Thank you very much but I did change the wait to 2500 so it would stop giving me the kickstarter error page.

Your pledge has been successfully changed for:

New Pledge Summary
Amount pledged

$500.00
Reward

THE GRAND KING TIER: ============================== Everything from the King, The Pro Player, The Guild Master, The Dungeon Crawler, The Raid Leader, and The Collector tiers (King tier is included only once--not six times). “The Grand King” exclusive Deck Customizable Sleeves.
Estimated delivery

Sep 2013

Rhaegar
06-06-2013, 08:49 PM
So if you're using auto refresh should you continuously see this:

Your pledge

You are currently pledging X to HEX MMO Trading Card Game.

Or something else?

Aurorah
06-06-2013, 09:08 PM
You should see a red box telling you that your selected tier is not available.

Rhaegar
06-06-2013, 09:13 PM
Weird. I see the red box if I refresh manually but not using auto refresh plus (chrome). When I use auto refresh plus I see the above message.

Selix
06-06-2013, 09:15 PM
So if you're using auto refresh should you continuously see this:

Your pledge

You are currently pledging X to HEX MMO Trading Card Game.

Or something else?
If you were using Auto Hot key you would see a red box saying the tier is currently sold out (this method worked for me)

if using Auto refresh you would just see the Manage Pledge screen over and over again until you finally heard a beep. That is assuming you setup your auto refresh to beep when it found 1 of 959 or whatever (did this method for almost 48 hours with not a peep)

Aurorah
06-06-2013, 09:18 PM
I'm not sure auto refresh plus works for what you need to do why i made that lil AHK script.

Rhaegar
06-06-2013, 09:37 PM
Ah that explains it. Thanks.

Frodus
06-06-2013, 10:38 PM
@ Stig, could you share the instructions that Nickon gave you? PM me please

CaptainPuppy
06-06-2013, 10:47 PM
edit: nevermind :)

Frodus
06-06-2013, 11:13 PM
So in the last step, I can get it to the screen in red that says "please select another tier because that one is sold out" in red, but then when I start refreshing it it just shows me a screen where all it says is "Your Pledge: You are currently pledging $250 to Hex" but it doesn't show me any of the reward tiers or anything. Is this the way it is supposed to look until it snags up a PP spot?