$2.1m - Cryptozoia Codex

Reward: SET 3 BOOSTERS

Squire, Warrior: 1 Pack of Set 3
Captain, Knight: 3 packs of Set 3
Champion, King: 5 packs of Set 3
All levels above King: 15 packs of Set 3

jai151
06-04-2013, 12:23 PM
Holy crap, I didn't even get my email yet.

Daer
06-04-2013, 12:26 PM
Paypal is at $126k, bringing us to $1.926m currently

Gwaer
06-04-2013, 12:27 PM
We'll probably hit this one without issue.

Tathel
06-04-2013, 12:30 PM
I think these set 3 packs are an awesome idea.

1) free stuff!
2) if there is a slump after set 2 it will ensure a fair number of people jump back on to open those packs thus reengaging lapsed players.

Chance
06-04-2013, 12:31 PM
maaaaaaan why didnt they just make it 2 mill :( I don't know if we can hit the 3rd stretch bonus at 2.4 - 2.5 mill

Erebus
06-04-2013, 12:32 PM
Because we already have a 2 Million Stretch goal?

syphonhail
06-04-2013, 12:32 PM
because we already have a 2 million stretch goal?

Bear Fight!

ForgedSol
06-04-2013, 12:35 PM
Set 3 boosters! Ahhh... now I can feel complete. That was bugging me. Dumb I know, but it was bugging me that Set 3 boosters weren't in a stretch goal because we had both Set 1 and Set 2 in there. (I'm assuming Sets 1-3 is the first block, and not Set 1 is the Core set and Sets 2-4 are the first block.)

And more lore. Awesome. Weekly lore updates will be nice.

Edit: Oh! And please reveal the last stretch goal at the 24 hour countdown if the 2.1 million goal has yet to be reached.

nearlysober
06-04-2013, 12:35 PM
Some people will probably complain that the next goal isn't "epic" enough. I do wonder if they're playing them a little "safe" incase they're not hit? So we don't get our hopes up over something...

But anyway, it's a fine reward: it'll get us more web-updates to keep us looped in until the game launches, and it's more free stuff. And we already have a crap-ton of free stuff!

Tathel
06-04-2013, 12:37 PM
Also "Today at 5 Pacific, we'll regale you with a story about how a simple greater-than sign used instead of a less-than-or-equal-to sign can stop a live stream in its tracks."

Hilarious

I think every programmer has done something a long these lines and spent an hour trying to figure out why something isn't working.

jai151
06-04-2013, 12:37 PM
Set 3 boosters! Ahhh... now I can feel complete. That was bugging me. Dumb I know, but it was bugging me that Set 3 boosters weren't in a stretch goal because we had both Set 1 and Set 2 in there. (I'm assuming Sets 1-3 is the first block, and not Set 1 is the Core set and Sets 2-4 are the first block.)

And more lore. Awesome. Weekly lore updates will be nice.

They hinted pretty heavily on the twitch that you're right on how it works. So, Set 1 would be the core set, and Sets 2+3 would be the expansion block.

Madican
06-04-2013, 12:38 PM
Dammit I want to know who that writer is!

jai151
06-04-2013, 12:38 PM
Also "Today at 5 Pacific, we'll regale you with a story about how a simple greater-than sign used instead of a less-than-or-equal-to sign can stop a live stream in its tracks."

Hilarious

I think every programmer has done something a long these lines and spent an hour trying to figure out why something isn't working.

Or worse, the Greater Than Instead of Greater Than or Equal error that works fine in testing...

KnowingCrow
06-04-2013, 12:44 PM
I was worried it would be something silly. A Creature of Enrath weekly guide would be awesome, and hey, free packs are always nice. Extra nice that they aren't Set 1 because at this point I'm seriously concerned about inflation.

Madican
06-04-2013, 12:46 PM
Inflation is pretty much a guarantee at this point. Luckily, the mechanics of the 3-4 month sets will mean it won't be a constant issue.

Stok3d
06-04-2013, 12:50 PM
Set 3 packs + lore. Smart move CZE.

Tyrfang
06-04-2013, 12:51 PM
...inflation? Or...Deflation?
Devaluation?

Those terms are pointless without any reference point.
Plain inflation would imply card values went up and currency values went down.
Card inflation implies card values go down.

Verdant
06-04-2013, 12:52 PM
Well, now I'm waiting for the 'Crappy stretch goal, I don't even read' thread.

Genocidal
06-04-2013, 12:53 PM
Cool to see them fleshing out the lore with these stretch goals. I imagine the final stretch, if we get there, will be another lore enhancer as well.

Massabik
06-04-2013, 12:54 PM

Hilarious

That's better than a missing semi-colon :o

Mike411
06-04-2013, 12:59 PM
I was sad when I read "new stretch GOALS" and then it was a singular goal. But hey, maybe we can unlock the last one before the end...

Chance
06-04-2013, 01:17 PM
We're going to need 170,000 a day to get both assuming its 300k away

Plaga
06-04-2013, 01:19 PM
Set 3 boosters are sweet but the web-based lore info is not that great, it doesn't add anything to the game itself and I bet most of the players won't ever care to read it :\
I was expecting something more epic, or at least something useful to the game, such as more launch-time localizations to increase the player base.

Madican
06-04-2013, 01:22 PM
Lore ALWAYS adds to the game. You may not like it but plenty of other people will read all of it.

ForgedSol
06-04-2013, 01:25 PM
If anyone becomes more invested in the game because of the lore, it still indirectly helps everyone who doesn't read the lore. It'll help with more spending, playing, and retention of those players and help to maintain and strengthen the community.

Don't forget they already announced they wouldn't be adding more in-game features because they feel they are at the point where adding more would delay the release of the game.

Plaga
06-04-2013, 01:28 PM
Don't get me wrong, I'm that guy who took his time to read every quest and every dialog in wow, I didn't say I wouldn't read it, but most people won't.
Anyway, what annoys me is it being released weekly in the web. Something pokedex-like inside the campaign would have been better, imho.

Genocidal
06-04-2013, 01:29 PM
Set 3 boosters are sweet but the web-based lore info is not that great, it doesn't add anything to the game itself and I bet most of the players won't ever care to read it :\
I was expecting something more epic, or at least something useful to the game, such as more launch-time localizations to increase the player base.
They stated with the release of the novel stretch goal that they were done with stretch goals that affected the in-game product, so I don't think we'll see localization added.

Lore ALWAYS adds to the game. You may not like it but plenty of other people will read all of it.

Agree wholeheartedly.

Plaga
06-04-2013, 01:30 PM
Don't forget they already announced they wouldn't be adding more in-game features because they feel they are at the point where adding more would delay the release of the game. Fair point.

Tathel
06-04-2013, 01:33 PM
That's better than a missing semi-colon :o

well majority of the time compiler will complain about syntax ^_^, minor logic issues are what make my head hurt.

Especially when i'm walking through the code and my brain is so set on the idea that if(1>2) = true because i know i meant if(1<2).

Your brain just lets you see what you expect and you read the same line twenty times until something clicks haha

larryhl
06-04-2013, 01:40 PM
well majority of the time compiler will complain about syntax ^_^, minor logic issues are what make my head hurt.

Especially when i'm walking through the code and my brain is so set on the idea that if(1>2) = true because i know i meant if(1<2).

Your brain just lets you see what you expect and you read the same line twenty times until something clicks haha

This happens all the time...ugh. Which is why peer reviewed code is so important.

DeusPhasmatis
06-04-2013, 01:50 PM

Hilarious

I've accidentally commented out important code when using a text editor without syntax highlighting. Makes me feel bad for color-blind programmers every time I remember it.

Fireblast
06-04-2013, 02:10 PM
I'm pretty concerned that the stretch goal was not : hire community managers / translaters for foreign languages support.

It seems that CZE still don't understand the world is not limited to the US, they keep on ignoring the european, asian, oceanian playerbase...

~

Cory_Jones
06-04-2013, 02:15 PM
Not to worry Fireblast, our CTO just spent the last 3 weeks in Europe; we will have major support announcements coming as we get closer to Alpha

Fireblast
06-04-2013, 02:17 PM
Not to worry Fireblast, our CTO just spent the last 3 weeks in Europe; we will have major support announcements coming as we get closer to Alpha

Yay!

Thanks Cory

~

Dralon
06-04-2013, 02:21 PM
That's customer service for ya! Second the Yay of Cory. Especially since he's probably running on fumes after the last two days.

Talreth
06-04-2013, 02:24 PM
I'm so glad this lore will be here...give me something to do while waiting during a draft.

Lochar
That's customer service for ya! Second the Yay of Cory. Especially since he's probably running on fumes after the last two days.

They ran out of fumes yesterday and adrenaline the day before. By now they wish they were running on empty, as the tank is probably a Black Hole, drawing energy from their very lives.

Hey Cory, how many gray hairs have we given you since we passed 1 million?

wolwerine
i had my answers on translation yesterday during the stream fireblast!! trust in cory and his not so mindless minions!!

ps: we need a french food fight!! french toast ,bread,frog legs,cheese and snail !!!

Fireblast
06-04-2013, 02:25 PM
In 3 days when the KS is done, I wish they'll get some sleep :D

~

jai151
06-04-2013, 02:30 PM
Hey Cory, how many gray hairs have we given you since we passed 1 million?

Not nearly as many as we'll give Kyle once we pass 2 million

Cory_Jones
06-04-2013, 02:33 PM
Will more than anyone needs the rest, this has been very hard and Will has been a champion and doing some VERY heavy lifting (he is writing the updates and managing the Kickstarter overall)
I am in SHOCK that no one is talking about Lord Bernard and Sir Silas!! these two will be awesome to follow around Entrath learning about the cool creatures.

larryhl
06-04-2013, 02:34 PM
I am in SHOCK that no one is talking about Lord Bernard and Sir Silas!! these two will be awesome to follow around Entrath learning about the cool creatures.

I want to see pictures of them lol.

Fireblast
06-04-2013, 02:41 PM

They're the non-gnomes cartographers!

~

Madican
06-04-2013, 02:48 PM
I brought up the shin'hare one in the Lore section, but none of the other lore buffs are online right now.

Cato
06-04-2013, 02:55 PM
Not nearly as many as we'll give Kyle once we pass 2 million

The $2 million 'Bear Fight' stretch goal is nearly upon us! :D

Also: Yay! Europe support!

Yay! Moar Lore!

Fireblast
06-04-2013, 02:57 PM
The $2 million 'Bear Fight' stretch goal is nearly upon us! :D

Hint : They're buying the costume as we speak :D

~

larryhl
06-04-2013, 02:58 PM
We're only about $150k off the 2.1m stretch goal lol.

Xenavire
06-04-2013, 03:00 PM
Will the kickstarter page be updated after the kickstarter ends? I am still hoping for the Tshirts to get the EU shipping support, along with PayPal support (I want those T-shirts almost as much as I want to play the game!)

Just want to know where to check for that kind of info.

Gwaer
06-04-2013, 03:17 PM
Will the kickstarter page be updated after the kickstarter ends? I am still hoping for the Tshirts to get the EU shipping support, along with PayPal support (I want those T-shirts almost as much as I want to play the game!)

Just want to know where to check for that kind of info.

If you will cover the cost of the shirt + shipping + paypal fees, I'll buy them for you, you can pay me on paypal, and I'll ship them to you. Or if you'd feel better I can throw them up on ebay, but then you'd have to cover ebay+paypal fees =P I don't care to make any money on the deal, just don't want to lose any.

Xenavire
06-04-2013, 03:43 PM
If you will cover the cost of the shirt + shipping + paypal fees, I'll buy them for you, you can pay me on paypal, and I'll ship them to you. Or if you'd feel better I can throw them up on ebay, but then you'd have to cover ebay+paypal fees =P I don't care to make any money on the deal, just don't want to lose any.

If it comes down to resorting to this, I will happily do it. I don't even mind tipping if it means I don't miss out on what seems like a one time deal.

Still, I think crypto can add paypal support before the deadline, so I will give them the chance before imposing on another player - I would feel guilty over time wasted.

incitfulmonk21
06-04-2013, 03:45 PM
I do know that there better be a join-able cartographers faction. That guy in MMo's you see spending hours jumping up a cliff and dying every few minutes to fall damage, that's me. I love exploring and I really hope there is rewards for doing it.

The cartographer's give me hope of an exploration faction. Maybe I will even be able to meet these guys help them with a quest and be mentioned in Weekly Codex .

ConnorJS
06-04-2013, 03:45 PM
I was kind of disappointed really, 1.8m was a big stretch goal and 2.1m wasn't great. Either way I think the weekly Codex update will be good if it's the top stretch goal, it must be there for a reason.

Fireblast
06-04-2013, 03:47 PM
I was kind of disappointed really, 1.8m was a big stretch goal and 2.1m wasn't great. Either way I think the weekly Codex update will be good if it's the top stretch goal, it must be there for a reason.

That probably means they're hiring a writer to work with them on publishing extra content for the game.
They add whatever they can outside the main game to not push deadlines, it's good.

~

ConnorJS
06-04-2013, 03:52 PM
That probably means they're hiring a writer to work with them on publishing extra content for the game.
They add whatever they can outside the main game to not push deadlines, it's good.

~

That was my thought, the 1.5m will push the date back a lot, along with dungeons etc. I just want to play the game so more content would just piss me off :L

Gwaer
06-04-2013, 03:53 PM
I do know that there better be a join-able cartographers faction. That guy in MMo's you see spending hours jumping up a cliff and dying every few minutes to fall damage, that's me. I love exploring and I really hope there is rewards for doing it.

The cartographer's give me hope of an exploration faction. Maybe I will even be able to meet these guys help them with a quest and be mentioned in Weekly Codex .
This isn't going to be an mmo in the traditional sense. There might be some hidden areas, but you won't be walking to them most of the time. Exploration will be point and click, and make the correct choices in dialogue/combat.

incitfulmonk21
06-04-2013, 04:24 PM
I know there wont be any cliff diving sadly. They have however mentioned unlocking new areas in dungeon. I am just hoping the cartographers will unlock even more areas of Entrath even if it is just some really cool artwork of areas you can only see as a member of the cartographers.

KingBlackstone
06-04-2013, 04:47 PM
I'm certain HEX will have it's own brand of exploration for players like you. :) It's been mentioned that certain areas of dungeons are only unlocked when conditions are met. There's a lot of potential for CZE to take advantage of!

fido_one
06-04-2013, 05:21 PM
Will more than anyone needs the rest, this has been very hard and Will has been a champion and doing some VERY heavy lifting (he is writing the updates and managing the Kickstarter overall)

I think it was a great move to say that the stretches after 1.5M don't add to the game and add to the Lure. I can't imagine many companies getting this sort of KS response and having the resolve to back off adding new and shiny things into the game. You'd get more backers even though it may equate to an ultimately unrealistic deadline.

I think L Bernard and Sir S could ultimately be pretty awesome, but since you aren't waving more functionality of the thing we are buying into (Hex the game), you are going to get a more tepid response. That doesn't make it any less cool though, even if, when compared to the other stretch goals, we may not see as much immediate value in it.

Gorgol
06-04-2013, 06:21 PM
I really hope we make it

TheDiv
06-04-2013, 06:48 PM
Was a welcome update in my opinion. I am quite keen on it! I wrote up a bit of a post here (http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=24736) on what potential I think the cartographers have :)

stephenhii
06-04-2013, 08:57 PM
Not to pour cold water for everyone but I am very dissapointed when I heard about the Lord Bernard and Sir Silas duo.

Lord Bernard's character is just a blatant copy of Viktor Pendrake in the game WARMACHINE/HORDES I play weekly. This guy existed since 2003 and he has a book detailing the monstrocities he met along his journey called, Monsternomicon. This book is also currently still on sale physically everywhere and has since been updated to version 3.5.

As for Sir Silas, he is like Saxon Orik with different relationships portrayed in the settings.

http://privateerpress.com/hordes/gallery/minions/solos/viktor-pendrake
http://www.amazon.com/Monsternomicon-V3-5-Kingdoms-Fantasy-Roleplaying/dp/1933362006

p/s: Blizzard is also selling their Book of Cain, the journal by Deckard Cain, I am sure we will see Lord Bernard's journal or some sort in near future.

MasterN64
06-04-2013, 09:43 PM
Honestly you can't say anything about it being a direct copy when its a standard trope of explorer characters to keep a book or journal of sorts. Saying its a direct copy is saying all detectives are copies of sherlock Holmes. All strong heroes a copies of Heracles. All great kings a copies of Gilgamesh.

Where does it end?

Grissnap
06-04-2013, 11:20 PM
I believe this is the very edge of how far you can go :p

http://www.mtgmintcard.com/images/products/251/WORLD-OF-WARCRAFT-TCG-HARRISON-JONES-TOF162.jpg

Avedecus
06-04-2013, 11:32 PM
Privateer press didn't invent the epistolary format of relaying a narrative.

Gwaer
06-04-2013, 11:33 PM
Not to pour cold water for everyone but I am very dissapointed when I heard about the Lord Bernard and Sir Silas duo.

Lord Bernard's character is just a blatant copy of Viktor Pendrake in the game WARMACHINE/HORDES I play weekly. This guy existed since 2003 and he has a book detailing the monstrocities he met along his journey called, Monsternomicon. This book is also currently still on sale physically everywhere and has since been updated to version 3.5.

As for Sir Silas, he is like Saxon Orik with different relationships portrayed in the settings.

http://www.amazon.com/Monsternomicon-V3-5-Kingdoms-Fantasy-Roleplaying/dp/1933362006

p/s: Blizzard is also selling their Book of Cain, the journal by Deckard Cain, I am sure we will see Lord Bernard's journal or some sort in near future.

That's a direct copy of Gobo's uncle matt from fragle rock. I am apalled and ashamed and will never play this warmachines copying filth!.

Madican
06-04-2013, 11:40 PM
Looks like we're on track to breaking the 2.1 million stretch goal before the end. No way we're getting the third, but at least we'll find out what it is.

Patrigan
06-04-2013, 11:48 PM

The characters actually gave me a very Sherlock Holmes vibe. Sherlock meets Indiana. But who cares? If they're good fits int he world of Hex, then why not?

Ben
06-05-2013, 01:04 AM
Any information on the possible locked one if we manage to get it.

Mr.Funsocks
06-05-2013, 01:41 AM
They should just do a Rickroll for the 3rd one. We aren't gonna reach it, and what the hell else can they give us?

stephenhii
06-05-2013, 02:16 AM
Chill Gwaer.. I did not say I am against it.

For the third extended tier, physical art books and toy figurines with free shipping of course! I would really want a 12" tall Urunaaz.