PDA

View Full Version : List of Questions For Livestream (To be answered)

Tyrfang
06-04-2013, 01:08 PM
EDIT: Cory answered the questions in the livestream! :)
Thanks!

I'll update the topic.

1) The dungeon crawler +100% loot bonus...
You get TWO rolls on the loot table.

2) What's the reward for successfully DEFENDING your keep in Keep Defense?
Successfully defending your keep gets you a portion of the siege fee paid by the attacker. Another portion goes into the "jackpot".

3) Are your NPC faction allegiance determined at the account-level or champion level?
NPC Faction allegiance occurs at the ACCOUNT level.
(i.e. Void Society, Cartographers)

4) Is it okay for a single player to have multiple accounts?
d000d, I believe, got a message saying multi-boxing was okay? [needs confirmation]

A) Are Keep Defense decks "locked out" of your current collection or anything similar? Does it use mercenaries/AI/alt champions? Can you control the defense? Can multiple people attack the keep at once (i.e. 3v1 raid)?
Unknown.

B) Can you access the Auction House/market from anywhere in the game (i.e. GW2 style) or is it "centralized" to city locations only (i.e. WoW style)?
Unknown.

C) The arena (squirrels, giants, dinosaurs) and other factions - are those cards tradeable on the AH? If so, can you use them in your deck even if you're not of that faction?
Unknown

Massabik
06-04-2013, 01:16 PM
1) you get double the loot: if a boss drop 1 card, 1 piece of equipment, and 4000 gold, the dungeon crawler will get 2 cards, 2 pieces of equipment, and 8000 gold.

One question I would like answered is: Will there be a way to see what cards/equipment you are missing in your inventory?

Tyrfang
06-04-2013, 01:18 PM
Have the said that? Because +100% loot drops doesn't necessarily mean that.

jaxsonbateman
06-04-2013, 01:21 PM
In regards to 3 (which is something I'd love to have answered myself), could you please ask if possible, if two accounts are allowed, if there'd be any restriction on the two, like the amount of trading, as I am considering *not* merging my RL and DC tiers.

Massabik
06-04-2013, 01:21 PM
Have the said that? Because +100% loot drops doesn't necessarily mean that.

Yes, this has been specifically stated. It was in one of the interviews, and it was also quoted in a thread or two. I can't remember where I saw/heard it, but I did :)

Refugee
06-04-2013, 01:22 PM
How many pieces of equipment are there?

Approximately what do you get for dungeon completion. For example X gold, X pieces of equipment etc?

Essentially I'm looking for the difficulty in collecting a certain piece of equipment without trading with these two questions.

larryhl
06-04-2013, 01:30 PM

Approximately what do you get for dungeon completion. For example X gold, X pieces of equipment etc?

Essentially I'm looking for the difficulty in collecting a certain piece of equipment without trading with these two questions.

Yesterday they said there was something like 1500 pieces of equipment in the game at this moment in time.

Massabik
06-04-2013, 01:30 PM

They have said two different numbers in regard to the amount of gear in the game: the first number I heard a couple weeks ago was over 1800, and in the live stream last night, Chris said 1500. He also said you would have to get lucky to get a specific piece.

I'm guessing that you will be able to search a fan site after beta/release as we learn where different things drop though.

Moondancer
06-04-2013, 01:32 PM
Will i be able to choose not to have my card transform into a Foil or full art if i prefer the orginal?

Dratzl
06-04-2013, 01:35 PM
Will the sets have unique names and if yes, what is the name of the first set?

Massabik
06-04-2013, 01:35 PM
5) Cory has said in an interview that you will have to pick one or the other in the arena setting. It will be at the account level so you can never have both on the same account.

jaxsonbateman
06-04-2013, 01:39 PM
5) Cory has said in an interview that you will have to pick one or the other in the arena setting. It will be at the account level so you can never have both on the same account.
If they're tradeable on the AH though, then it's less 'severe' than it might be otherwise as you still have the potential to get the other card/s if you find you like it better. So I think it's a fair question.

Massabik
06-04-2013, 01:41 PM
If they're tradeable on the AH though, then it's less 'severe' than it might be otherwise as you still have the potential to get the other card/s if you find you like it better. So I think it's a fair question.

True, but the feeling I got was that he implied 'bound' at the account level. Still, it's worth asking.

jaxsonbateman
06-04-2013, 01:43 PM
Ugh, you wouldn't want to make the wrong choice then. >.<

larryhl
06-04-2013, 01:45 PM
Hopefully then the two different cards are same stats just different art at that point. Because otherwise it's just not fun for the half that "chose the wrong faction".

Massabik
06-04-2013, 01:49 PM
I don't think you can make a wrong choice...I'm sure you will be able to tailor different deck types to both sides. Just pick what you want ;)

Avaian
06-04-2013, 01:51 PM
#3 was answered.(http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=24452)

Excerpt: Each account you have will need a separate method of payment, that is our requirement.

Xenavire
06-04-2013, 01:51 PM
We need some clarification on how black tiger works - specifically people wanted to know if you can break them down for crafting, if we can save a playset for using in PvE decks, and how the equipment will work if you can't use them without using a lotus mid-game.

It is a pretty strange card, and more info might just tempt people into pledging a little higher if the percieved value of the lotus were to go up even more.

For that matter, ask about the lotus too - how do the threshold and mana interact exactly? Is it all temporary? Does the threshold stick, and the mana fade?

Avaian
06-04-2013, 01:53 PM
4 Black tigers can be made into 1 Lotus if you have the Spectral Lotus Garden

Xenavire
06-04-2013, 01:54 PM
4 Black tigers can be made into 1 Lotus if you have the Spectral Lotus Garden

Thats not the question. We know that already, and it doesn't need to be clarified, but theres a LOT of unanswered questions with those cards.

Vithe
06-04-2013, 01:54 PM
Will HEX support Pauper tournaments/game mode? (Decks required to have all common cards)

larryhl
06-04-2013, 01:55 PM
Will HEX support Pauper tournaments/game mode? (Decks required to have all common cards)

This is probably something they'll implement in the future, not at release.

Xenavire
06-04-2013, 01:56 PM

They have stated the intent to try for those sorts of formats. They want to include as much as possible, and possibly even brand new formats.

Plaga
06-04-2013, 01:57 PM
How does the guild bank card/deck sharing work exactly?
Are there any plans to allow borrowing cards/decks from a friend?

majin
06-04-2013, 01:58 PM
1. Do I need to use the free draft every week or if I can save them for a later later?

2. Do I also need to login weekly to retrieve my free draft?

3. For example, if I wasn't able to login for a month, will I have 4 free draft after I come back or only 1 (for that week?

4. Can I wait for other set to come out before I use my free drafts for set one or are the drafts linked to a particular set?

Xenavire
06-04-2013, 01:59 PM
1. Do I need to use the free draft every week or if I can save them for a later later?

2. Do I also need to login weekly to retrieve my free draft?

3. For example, if I wasn't able to login for a month, will I have 4 free draft after I come back or only 1 (for that week?

4. Can I wait for other set to come out before I use my free drafts for set one or are the drafts linked to a particular set?

1) Use it or lose it, already answered officially.

2) Pretty sure 1) covers that, since you would lose it if you didn't log in for a week.

3) See 1)

4) Obviously, no. Unless you are talking about the 3 free drafts, in which case that hasn't been answered. But the lifetime/year free drafts are specifically linked to whatever sets are currently draftable. If it is every set, then it is every set, if it is only set 2, then you have to use it on set 2.

Avaian
06-04-2013, 02:01 PM
Thats not the question. We know that already, and it doesn't need to be clarified, but theres a LOT of unanswered questions with those cards.

Yeah my bad thats what i get for not reading correctly. I don't think they have put any restrictions on what can by broken down yet as far as cards go and I doubt they will.

Can't answer the question about mana/threshold without opening some dispute but as I read it. The mana will last until your next turn, and the threshold stays till the end of the gam, Threshold does not effect your mana only your ability to play cards and the effects of the cards.

majin
06-04-2013, 02:02 PM
1) Use it or lose it, already answered officially.

2) Pretty sure 1) covers that, since you would lose it if you didn't log in for a week.

3) See 1)

4) Obviously, no. Unless you are talking about the 3 free drafts, in which case that hasn't been answered. But the lifetime/year free drafts are specifically linked to whatever sets are currently draftable. If it is every set, then it is every set, if it is only set 2, then you have to use it on set 2.

thanks, is this on one of the updates? i think i missed it but i read all of it before

ConnorJS
06-04-2013, 02:05 PM
1) Will there be any competitive PvE play, such as tournaments etc...

2) Will there be a player database/hiscores

3) How many players can there be in a guild (maximum)

4) Estimated date for Alpha

All I've got for now :).

Xenavire
06-04-2013, 02:05 PM
Yeah my bad thats what i get for not reading correctly. I don't think they have put any restrictions on what can by broken down yet as far as cards go and I doubt they will.

Can't answer the question about mana/threshold without opening some dispute but as I read it. The mana will last until your next turn, and the threshold stays till the end of the gam, Threshold does not effect your mana only your ability to play cards and the effects of the cards.

I only added the tiger destroying because it was spammed in the stream, I assume it can be destroyed like any other card, but if it answers a question, may as well ask it.

And if it works like MTG and temporary mana, it would all vanish at the end of turn, and this is where the confusion lies. There is a good chance it is temporary (allowing you to choose what to play that turn) and then returning to normal after the turn ends. There is an equal chance it is permanent.

And I would assume any mana OVER your 'maximum' would be lost, but I would think anything under would be kept (otherwise you could end up at 13/1 turn 1, and save it for some crazy combo, or whatever. I think it will be use it or lose it.)

teamsrox
06-04-2013, 02:06 PM
Will the kick starter exclusive mercenaries be a lot better than the ones we'll be able to unlock in-game or be equal?

larryhl
06-04-2013, 02:07 PM

They've said no max number of players in a guild for now. Date of Alpha, the official word is, "before Beta".

Xenavire
06-04-2013, 02:07 PM

1) They stated there will be wild west tournaments several times, so yes.

2) Good question.

3) Good question, it is assumed to be limitless right now.

4) Estimated to be weeks before beta by Cory himself. Can't get better than that.

Xenavire
06-04-2013, 02:09 PM
thanks, is this on one of the updates? i think i missed it but i read all of it before

I think they might have confirmed in a lost thread here on the forums, or in the kickstarter comments. But they were very firm on the stance of use it or lose it, and it killed a whole discussion about saving drafts up.

majin
06-04-2013, 02:11 PM
I think they might have confirmed in a lost thread here on the forums, or in the kickstarter comments. But they were very firm on the stance of use it or lose it, and it killed a whole discussion about saving drafts up.

thanks, im re-reading the updates and if i find the answer there, i'll post it here for others

Stok3d
06-04-2013, 02:12 PM
*When will the stream for the $2million bear fight take place? Can we buy tickets to the event?

*Have you ever played the Facebook game "Castle Age". There is a lot of ideas through that game that can develop the "Defend your Keep". You're on to something big with your initial idea, but there is so much more you can do then you're considering atm. I'd like the "Defend Your Keep" to be further discussed or I may just start a brainstorm thread on it. I'm trying to think if Evony could also give us some ideas to ponder. Honestly, this could potentially be the solution to the PVE "End Game" if done right. Thread Made (http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=24723&p=238166#post238166)

*Do you have plans to integrate the DB into the forums for mouse overlays, chieves viewable from characters, etc?

Xenavire
06-04-2013, 02:16 PM
When will the stream for the $2million bear fight take place? Can we buy tickets to the event?

This HAS to be asked. I want to see the look on Kyles face when it passes 2 million, maybe they can record it?

Talreth
06-04-2013, 02:21 PM
(There was a pay-to-win game I played that I can't remem name of that you attacked different player towns in waves, etc, that could give some ideas as well).

Tribal Wars? Lord of Ultima?

Fireblast
06-04-2013, 02:24 PM
4 Black Tiger can be turned back into a Spectral Lotus thru the garden.
That's how you get rid of these :)

~

NoahBuddy
06-04-2013, 02:26 PM
Q. Don't you hate pants?

Tyrfang
06-04-2013, 02:29 PM

There are player-made leagues, where you can set your own rules and sponsor the prizes yourself (or have an entrance fee that goes into the pool.)

Mr.Funsocks
06-04-2013, 02:32 PM
If the "Wild West" format for PvP ends up being the most popular, what effect do you think that would have on the game? Would balance considerations shift towards it?

HyenaNipples
06-04-2013, 02:32 PM
1. What are ALL the benefits of the VIP subscription? Either for-sure or planned.

Xenavire
06-04-2013, 02:34 PM
4 Black Tiger can be turned back into a Spectral Lotus thru the garden.
That's how you get rid of these :)

~

Please read - the question isn't just about getting rid of them, but re-using them in new decks. For example, could a player buy 4x lotus and use them, then keep the tigers for other decks? I mean a 3 cost, no threshold, 3/1 with a card draw attached is quite good - not amazing, but good.

larryhl
06-04-2013, 02:36 PM
Yes, you can use the Black Tigers in other PvE decks...why wouldn't you? They're cards too.

MugenMusou
06-04-2013, 02:43 PM
1. How many cards for set 2 and 3?
2. Rarity distribution
3. Can we beat the same dungeons and quests multiple times to collect loots?

Xenavire
06-04-2013, 02:45 PM
Yes, you can use the Black Tigers in other PvE decks...why wouldn't you? They're cards too.

Theres a few reasons why they might not be usable - the most obvious being the rarity symbol (grey, currently only boss exclusives and created/transformed cards) and it is something that should be clarified. Another thing is the lack of an artifact tag, yet it is colourless...

There seems to be a large grey area here, and it is valid a question as any other. It would influence the percieved value of the lotus after all, if only minutely.

larryhl
06-04-2013, 02:47 PM
3. Can we beat the same dungeons and quests multiple times to collect loots?

Yes.

plaguedealer
06-04-2013, 02:48 PM
Can players of a different faction raid together

Stok3d
06-04-2013, 02:50 PM
Tribal Wars? Lord of Ultima?

Finally thought of it... Evony

Xenavire
06-04-2013, 02:51 PM
Can players of a different faction raid together

I think they were unsure of that. It makes me wonder if you have to choose a faction per account rather than per champion (something that actually made WoW suffer for a few years. People could only ever see one side of the story unless they bought a new account, or went to another server entirely.)

I think this one is rather important, since it sounds like they want to have a super-server, or a web of interconnected servers.

Madican
06-04-2013, 02:54 PM
1. What does the novel writer's name rhyme with?

2. Will we be getting a more dedicated forum since an MMO is a bit too big to be contained in four sections.

3. Will there be ways for people to RP with each other in Hex?

ConnorJS
06-04-2013, 02:58 PM
5) Will there be multiplayer PvP? As in 2v2 3v3 etc...

6) Are they planning on adding new abilities (speed, steadfast etc) in future sets?

Fireblast
06-04-2013, 03:00 PM
5) Will there be multiplayer PvP? As in 2v2 3v3 etc...

6) Are they planning on adding new abilities (speed, steadfast etc) in future sets?

5/ Yes post-release
6/ for sure

~

Fireblast
06-04-2013, 03:08 PM
I have a question about the Pro Player Tournament
Is it a release event for each new set for life or only set 1?

~

Tyrfang
06-04-2013, 03:15 PM
I have a question about the Pro Player Tournament
Is it a release event for each new set for life or only set 1?

~
Considering the prize is 4 of each release card, it doesn't seem like they planned on running it over and over again.

darkbreaker
06-04-2013, 03:24 PM
Will there be a way to see what cards/equipment you are missing in your inventory?
At least for cards it is "confirmed". (Check yesterday stream, the deckbuilder interface has an option to show cards you do not own)

ConnorJS
06-04-2013, 03:31 PM
7) What will the odds be when opening a booster?

8) Is there/will there ever be more than 3 players in PvE?

Tyrfang
06-04-2013, 03:35 PM
7) What will the odds be when opening a booster?

8) Is there/will there ever be more than 3 players in PvE?

Odds of what? lol.
1 Rare/Legendary, 3 Uncommon, 11 Common, 1 loot chest of varied rarity.

The 3 player limit in PvE is a game-priority waiting issue, they don't want people to wait more than that.

They might figure something out eventually though.

Fireblast
06-04-2013, 03:36 PM
What we still need to know is the number of legendaries/rares/uncos/commons in the set.
The Ratio of Legendary/Rare in a booster
The % chance of getting a Primal Pack

~

ConnorJS
06-04-2013, 03:38 PM
What we still need to know is the number of legendaries/rares/uncos/commons in the set.
The Ratio of Legendary/Rare in a booster
The % chance of getting a Primal Pack

~

Yeah sorry I should have explained better, I was asking this :).

Xenavire
06-04-2013, 03:40 PM
I figure they will relax a bit down the line for more players. I am hoping for 4+ multiplayer no-holds barred play types. Those are what I remember most of my time in the hobby shop - huge 10-12 player multiplayer games on one huge table, lasting hours, where even the crappy players have a chance to surprise the good players, alliances being made...

I don't care if each turn takes 3+ minutes. I just want to be able to relive this with at least friends/guildies.

incitfulmonk21
06-04-2013, 03:44 PM
Wrong forumn topic :(

Tyrfang
06-04-2013, 04:02 PM
Hmm, I might not make it back in time for the stream. Someone please go through and ask some of the more interesting questions.

ConnorJS
06-04-2013, 04:11 PM
Someone could compile a list of the ones we don't know the answers too then spam them in the chat?

Trothael
06-04-2013, 04:15 PM
Do we get multiple beta invites per KS tier pledged?
For example, I've pledged DC and Collector and I'll have them combined, so do I get two beta invites or one?

If we get two, can I give the spare one to a friend or family member?

Shivdaddy
06-04-2013, 04:17 PM
A lot of bad questions in here... Some of you just need to use some common sense.

Xenavire
06-04-2013, 04:22 PM
Do we get multiple beta invites per KS tier pledged?
For example, I've pledged DC and Collector and I'll have them combined, so do I get two beta invites or one?

If we get two, can I give the spare one to a friend or family member?

The invites are attached to the account - if you merge, you get one. If you keep them seperate, you get as many as you pledged.

And some things are common sense, and others need specific answers. Thats why the people with the answers are doing what they can to answer those questions we already know, or can easily guess.

Trothael
06-04-2013, 04:24 PM
The invites are attached to the account - if you merge, you get one. If you keep them seperate, you get as many as you pledged.

And some things are common sense, and others need specific answers. Thats why the people with the answers are doing what they can to answer those questions we already know, or can easily guess.

Thanks. Couldn't find the answer elsewhere.

ConnorJS
06-04-2013, 04:50 PM
How much private Beta will we see before the public Beta?

And this is one I know we already know but could someone tell me if the Starter decks are PvP or PvE?

Xenavire
06-04-2013, 06:46 PM
How much private Beta will we see before the public Beta?

And this is one I know we already know but could someone tell me if the Starter decks are PvP or PvE?

PvP - since PvP crosses into PvE, it's a all-in-one deal, more or less.

Tyrfang
06-04-2013, 07:40 PM
Updated with some of the answers.

Turtlewing
06-04-2013, 08:57 PM
3) Is your faction allegiance determined at the account-level or champion level?
Faction allegiance occurs at the ACCOUNT level.

that seems pretty stupid. Is there a reason for it?

Tyrfang
06-04-2013, 08:59 PM

Probably has to do with the keep system? Maybe you get faction bonuses to your keep?

That or the faction bonuses go to all your characters.

Turtlewing
06-04-2013, 09:13 PM
Probably has to do with the keep system? Maybe you get faction bonuses to your keep?

That or the faction bonuses go to all your characters.

I would have expected faction bonuses to be per character. Having them per account encourages you to have two accounts which they seem to be otherwise discouraging (well discouraging with policy, not so much with handouts)

Tyrfang
06-04-2013, 09:18 PM
Maybe some of the faction quests require you to do it with multiple characters?

Well, it's a game design choice. Could just be that the Faction cards are designed to be OP, and they didn't want you to have multiple sides' PvE cards.

larryhl
06-04-2013, 09:29 PM
Guess that means I'm not merging accounts.

madar
06-05-2013, 12:04 AM

Both way have pro and con. If all char would be separated, other ppl would be unhappy like in the wow "i hate to grind reputation for a faction, if i already spent billion hours to get reputation why have i do it again only because i would like to play other character"

However, i am more like a supporter of the separated reputation of every character\hero\champion\merc\etc - it's more like RPG way, but i am understand that can be boring to unlock the iwin-cards and equipments for every char. Especially if there is rep requirements for a dungeon enter for example (by the storyline), would be a longer way to able to play endgame with a new champion.