PDA

View Full Version : Market/AH questions and thoughts.

hexnaes
06-04-2013, 04:34 PM
Hey everyone, been lurking for a while... finally decided to post. (I originally registered my username as "Unregistered" and the forums bugged out on me, so I couldn't post for a while XD)

Has it been mentioned anywhere if there will be a "ticket" system like MTGO? (Tickets cost $1.00, and are used as for the admission price for events) Has there been any information that goes into more detail about the market?

I'm trying to wrap my head around dealing with what is essentially 2 currencies. Gold/Plat, and tickets. Tickets will have a fixed price, 1 ticket = 1 dollar. However, gold/plat which can be earned from PVE will be fluctuating, and there will need to be heavy gold sinks in the game to make sure new players don't feel overwhelmed when they visit the auction house. (I'm assuming AH fees can/will be adjusted if things get out of hand)

Don't want to make this a wall of text so I'll end it here. Maybe a lot of my questions have already been answered about the market and I'm just terrible at finding it.

Thanks!

-hexnaes

Avedecus
06-04-2013, 04:36 PM
IIRC, platinum will be used to enter tournaments, not tickets.

KingBlackstone
06-04-2013, 04:41 PM
Yeah, but we might have to pay platinum for tickets. We don't know if it's used directly.
It's pretty unlikely that there will be another currency, though.

ramseytheory
06-04-2013, 04:42 PM
There will be no third currency. Platinum is bought with real money and used to buy boosters and enter tournaments. Gold is earned in the PVE campaign and used in PVE stores. Cards and equipment can be sold to other players in the auction house for either gold or platinum (seller's choice).

Cryptozoic has got an economist on-board, so presumably they have gold sinks in place for PVE, but they haven't really gone into much detail on the PVE economy yet so it's hard to say what form they'll take.

hexnaes
06-04-2013, 04:44 PM

Ok, so I'm assuming platinum will be "fixed" and not allowed to drop in PVE?

I know they mentioned you could buy PVP cards and packs for gold from other players. But I don't know if they mentioned if you could "buy" platinum off the auction house.

Daer
06-04-2013, 04:46 PM
The only way to generate platinum is to buy it from CZE. You can then trade it on the AH for cards/gold/etc.

hexnaes
06-04-2013, 04:47 PM
There will be no third currency. Platinum is bought with real money and used to buy boosters and enter tournaments. Gold is earned in the PVE campaign and used in PVE stores. Cards and equipment can be sold to other players in the auction house for either gold or platinum (seller's choice).

Cryptozoic has got an economist on-board, so presumably they have gold sinks in place for PVE, but they haven't really gone into much detail on the PVE economy yet so it's hard to say what form they'll take.

That's some helpful information. What worries me (and this is from MTGO experience) is that some cards might be worth 1.5 plat. With an AH you don't really have room to compromise by trading additional cards to make up the remaining value.

Maybe you could sell it for 1 plat and 5000 gold, but it could get confusing keeping up with the gold/plat rate if there isn't a way to buy plat with gold.

Gwaer
06-04-2013, 04:48 PM
The only way to generate platinum is to buy it from CZE. You can then trade it on the AH for cards/gold/etc.
It might be a tournament reward, too. Details are sketchy. In any event new plat is only generated from CZE.

Daer
06-04-2013, 04:52 PM
That's some helpful information. What worries me (and this is from MTGO experience) is that some cards might be worth 1.5 plat. With an AH you don't really have room to compromise by trading additional cards to make up the remaining value.

Maybe you could sell it for 1 plat and 5000 gold, but it could get confusing keeping up with the gold/plat rate if there isn't a way to buy plat with gold.

They could just let Plat be broken down into decimals.

A card on the AH could be 1.35 plat

ramseytheory
06-04-2013, 04:56 PM

I'd imagine the platinum to real money exchange rate will be fairly low - maybe 100 platinum to the dollar or something - for exactly that reason.

hexnaes
06-04-2013, 05:02 PM
I'd imagine the platinum to real money exchange rate will be fairly low - maybe 100 platinum to the dollar or something - for exactly that reason.

That makes sense. Then they could offer discounts for tournament fees. Hopefully that's what they do.

I've been kind of worried about having to deal with some of the same terrible aspects of the MTGO classifieds. >.<