PDA

View Full Version : Question on auction house and tournament fees

Jonesy
06-04-2013, 04:58 PM
Basically, will we be able to sell PvE cards and equipment on the AH for in game currency that can be used to buy packs, pay for tournament fees, and buy PvP cards on the AH? Will the 'gold' dropped in PvE be useable on the AH, to buy packs, or pay for tournament fees?

Or will real cash need to be used for all PvP aspects? Or will the in game currency for PvP and PvE be different? Or is PvE dropping 'gold' while the AH and perhaps PvP is using 'platinum?'

hexnaes
06-04-2013, 05:22 PM
Yes, you will be able to buy packs/cards that other players have put on the AH for PVE gold.

About 33 minutes into this (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VUn3gOclMc) interview he talks about it.

Jonesy
06-05-2013, 11:49 AM
But you can't spend PvE gold in cryptozoic's store to buy packs or enter tournaments? That's going to be a cash purchase directly from your credit card?

larryhl
06-05-2013, 11:52 AM
You can also sell for platinum most likely. Which is the "premium" currency. Just a matter of if people are willing to spend "real money" to buy what you're selling.

Jonesy
06-05-2013, 12:33 PM
OK so there are two in game currencies: platinum which is the only thing you can use in the store and for tournament fees, and gold which you get from PvE content? And auction house will operate with both gold and platinum? Is there some sort of 10 gold = 1 platinum conversion built in or is that just going to be a free market thing?

larryhl
06-05-2013, 12:37 PM
OK so there are two in game currencies: platinum which is the only thing you can use in the store and for tournament fees, and gold which you get from PvE content? And auction house will operate with both gold and platinum? Is there some sort of 10 gold = 1 platinum conversion built in or is that just going to be a free market thing?

Usually these sort of things are decided by free market.

Jonesy
06-05-2013, 12:53 PM
So the only way to parlay PvE gains into PvP cards and tournament fees is to sell gold, equipment, and PvE cards on the auction house for gold (or platinum) and then buy PvP cards/packs on the AH or then sell that gold for platinum to buy from the shop or pay for tournament fees. Correct?

larryhl
06-05-2013, 12:54 PM
So the only way to parlay PvE gains into PvP cards and tournament fees is to sell gold, equipment, and PvE cards on the auction house for gold (or platinum) and then buy PvP cards/packs on the AH or then sell that gold for platinum to buy from the shop or pay for tournament fees. Correct?

Yes. Though I think they had also said you can get some booster packs through questing/dungeons.

Fireblast
06-05-2013, 12:55 PM

Yes.
They want the PvP game to be balanced for competitive play, and having PvP requiring to farm PvE would not be balance :)

~

Jonesy
06-05-2013, 04:55 PM
Its not a matter of having to farm PvE for PvP its a matter of wanting to be able to channel time spent in PvE towards progressing in PvP instead of just dropping hundreds of dollars of rl money at every set release and being able to reward myself with a free draft from playing PvE. I'm old with a house and a kid, can't be dropping 4k a year anymore to play cards at a competitive level and can't change myself to play at anything less than a competitive level, heh.

Willzyx
06-05-2013, 08:45 PM
Whether or not the game supports trading platinum, a secondary market can exist. I expect a few sites like mtgotraders.com to pop up in support of this secondary market. If you can't get platinum in the auction house directly, you should be able to sell PvE loot and put the proceeds towards PvP.