PDA

View Full Version : Lifedrain/Lifesteal is pretty awesome!

hoodieblanket
06-04-2013, 06:06 PM
At one point he was up to 33 health over the dorf deck who had 15. I feel like his mulligan really slowed his potential otherwise it wouldve been a stomp

Black_Omega
06-04-2013, 06:07 PM
If it wasn't for the flier the dwarf deck would of steamrolled the lifedrain deck.

Estar1
06-04-2013, 06:09 PM
Well both decks didnt perform really well, youd think that the dwarf deck would use peek to find a Volcannon /plans when it needed it. (the Volcannon whould have been doing like 12 damage a turn at end

dwebber88
06-04-2013, 06:09 PM
Dont forget that the Lifedrain deck missed out on 2 cards in the initial hand and didn't start optimal.

Black_Omega
06-04-2013, 06:16 PM
Dont forget that the Lifedrain deck missed out on 2 cards in the initial hand and didn't start optimal.

Yeah, he had a lot of resources at the start. Would of been interesting to have seen it played with a more 'balanced' hand.

Parallax
06-04-2013, 06:21 PM
If it wasn't for the flier the dwarf deck would of steamrolled the lifedrain deck.

If it wasn't for the thing that caused our loss we totally would of won.

dwebber88
06-04-2013, 06:27 PM
Yeah, he had a lot of resources at the start. Would of been interesting to have seen it played with a more 'balanced' hand.

Exactly. I hope they will be streaming more games soon, to get a bit more feeling about the balance and decks :)

Xenavire
06-04-2013, 06:36 PM
Having practiced a lot recently with an MTG lifegain deck, the one Ben was using seems fairly decent - make it white/black mana accel with those artifacts that give you 0/2, pact of pain, escalated lifegain every few turns, and that bird?

I could see it being fairly broken if played right.

maniza
06-04-2013, 06:50 PM
If the dwarf deck was used by a decent player and functioned as intended it would have been no contest

Xenavire
06-04-2013, 06:54 PM
With the strong start he had, sure - but if they both had equal footing? I could see a much longer and more drawn out game, and that paladin could have made things a lot worse with more support.

I see it as pretty even, from my experience.

KnowingCrow
06-04-2013, 07:00 PM
There were some bugs involved with the Dwarf deck, and the player decided not to take advantage of the cards the bug gave him, which I could understand. The invention engine made a new set of plans that he didn't take any advantage of nor did he even acknowledge it which I found a bit odd. When the flier attacked him he made no attempt to untap the engine and try to make another attempt which I felt was a misplay as well. Earlier on he knew the diamond deck had absolutely nothing, and he could have blocked with everything to leave himself with one dwarf and an engine that could pump out things endlessly, and he instead opted to take the hit when he could have leveled the playing field, removing the only threat on the board leaving him with the engine-of-card-advantage. The only play I could forgive him of was choosing to get the shock artifact over the goblin soup as that one is a bit of a tricky one.

It was rather frustrating to watch, but I guess it was just a demo and it was a fairly good one at that.

Tyrfang
06-04-2013, 07:38 PM
I think the RNG has a seed based on the phase it's in, not the turn.