PDA

View Full Version : HexRealms.com

enkur
06-04-2013, 06:11 PM
We are a few days away from official launch, but we do have an article up that might help you convince some of your friends that are on the fence about contributing to the kickstarter!

Here is an excerpt.

HEX is the newest offering from World of Warcraft TCG designers, Cryptozoic Entertainment. It’s a fully digital Trading Card Game (TCG) that has the cool addition of being a MMO too. It sounds incredible right? A collectible card game just like Magic the Gathering and a fully playable MMO where you level up a hero and battle dragons and villians on their home turf (caves and dungeons), stealing their loot along the way. When I first heard about it, I envisioned Shandalar or some suped up Duels of the Planeswalkers online world where I was a planeswalker that summoned the creatures and cast the spells I love in the physical card game.

But is that what Hex is? Well, no. It’s really a super cool TCG where you can battle against other players in drafts and constructed matches. You can collect cards and build decks. You can win tournaments and prizes. You can buy and sell cards; yes you can actually make real money doing this! But the fascinating thing about all of this is that the causal component of the game, the Commander type games, the fun multiplayer three hour games at your local store, the Archenemy mega battles with your friends, is packaged up in a neat persistent world where games you play casually level your hero, advances your guilds position and increases your personal fame! It’s a neat achievement type system that means so much more than the occasional message that flashes up when you do something cool in other digital games. Instead of a wall of random plaques, you have a character that you have fleshed out, a guy (or gal) that will be your alter ego in a world called Entrath.

Read the rest here! (http://www.hexrealms.com/content.php?14-Why-you-should-join-the-Hex-Kickstarter!)

dwebber88
06-04-2013, 06:15 PM
Thanks, that might work for some :)

Typhon
06-04-2013, 06:28 PM
While it'll still be a couple days until we're officially launched; I'm going to get the site ready to announce to our network, The RealmWorx Network, tomorrow to draw attention to the Kickstarter and push us over.

KingBlackstone
06-04-2013, 06:46 PM
I think you're might've definitely spelled Entrath wrong. ;) Other than that, looks great!

enkur
06-06-2013, 01:30 PM
New CARD OF THE DAY (http://www.hexrealms.com/content.php?30-Card-of-the-Day-Sabotage) feature!

KnowingCrow
06-06-2013, 01:37 PM
While I feel that it being cheaper than Magic a plus, I don't think direct comparisons are very valid. There even is an argument towards higher prices: cards would be more highly valued. But you are directly comparing a Kickstarter to a released product, so of course the kickstarter bonuses are going to be amazing deals in comparison.

enkur
06-06-2013, 01:45 PM
While I feel that it being cheaper than Magic a plus, I don't think direct comparisons are very valid. There even is an argument towards higher prices: cards would be more highly valued. But you are directly comparing a Kickstarter to a released product, so of course the kickstarter bonuses are going to be amazing deals in comparison.

And that was my goal. It was a direct comparison on the benefits of jumping in right now like people do when a new Magic set comes out. I understand down the road that the value will not quite be there but it will still be 1/2 as cheap to invest in a new set than it would be for MtG. Whether or not there will be a playerbase and the demand for singles to make the singles market healthy is a complete other matter.

funktion
06-06-2013, 01:49 PM
Uhm... that first post is quite confusing, there's multiple contradictory statements in it...