PDA

View Full Version : A few questions.

Origination
06-04-2013, 08:51 PM
Is the game free or will it cost money on release?
Does it have a paid only model or a f2p type model? As in, can you only buy cards with real money? Or can you earn them in game, too?
Also, if I back as a squire or higher, do you get alpha access like it says on the main page?
If you do get alpha, when does alpha open?

Llauorn
06-04-2013, 08:55 PM
The main page says squires get Alpha if they hit the next stretch goal. They haven't said to my knowledge when Alpha would release, but more than likely for a few weeks prior to beta in September. The game will have f2p available where you can earn cards.

BenRGamer
06-04-2013, 08:55 PM
It's free, complete with a free starter on signing up you can use in both PvE and PvP. PvE is completely free, you can get everything you need for there through PvE stuff without spending a dime. PvP is a full structured Trading Card Game, though, so you may have to spend money to buy boosters and such if you want to do more than casual play with friends, though it's possible to buy booster packs with PvE gold on the auction house, or sell things on the auction house for platinum (cash shop money) as well, which you can then use to buy boosters.

Edit: And it was stated in an interview, Alpha is planned for two to three weeks before Beta. So late August or early September is most likely.

TheDiv
06-04-2013, 08:56 PM
1. It's free to play
2. PvE cards can be earned through the PvE campaign. PvP cards can be purchased in booster packs with real money or on the Auction House.
3. You will get Alpha access.
4. Current estimation is August.

Origination
06-04-2013, 08:59 PM
Alright, thanks guys. I wish I had some money to back, for now, but oh well. This game looks awesome. My friend got me into scrolls, but that game is really disappointing.

Tyrfang
06-04-2013, 09:03 PM
Sorry to hear that Scrolls wasn't all that good.
Well, it's in Mojang beta, so maybe it'll improve.

That...or Mojang will abandon it and give it to a different developer...