PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade Question

tgm0112
06-04-2013, 09:22 PM
Sitting on King and contemplating an upgrade to the only tier that ensures such a ridiculous appreciation in value (still not sure why DC is going first), Collector. That is, if we are sure the ultra-limited exclusives are trade-able for platinum.

We have no reason to believe they wouldn't be, but I wondered if anyone bothered to confirm. I mean, it's a pretty huge payoff in a game like this, so I guess I have trouble buying it. Even PP doesn't make sense for a patient man.

Lazybum
06-04-2013, 09:25 PM
they are just alternate art of cards that everyone else can get, sure they will be alot rarer later on

grey0one
06-04-2013, 09:31 PM
You're of the opinion that the 12 (6 x 2) alternate art card will be from chased card for constructed formats. Not a lot of people have that opinion. Most people think that there will be one or two sought afters, maybe. The DC is a grantee'ed positive that the devs have hint at being more powerful that we think.

Are they wrong? Maybe.

Tyrfang
06-04-2013, 09:33 PM
AA cards are going to be rare/legendary, regardless.

I'm pretty sure ones a dopplegadget. :)

tgm0112
06-04-2013, 09:34 PM
Forgive me, I didn't actually put it in the form of a question. Have we confirmed they're not account-bound?

Yes, I realize they are just AA, but in a TCG community with only 400 of each and likely to push a million players, the potential is pretty huge. Even if it sits among lower tier F2P MMOs, there'll still be roughly one of these cards per thousand players. Interest will rise.

EDIT: Yes, DC has its perks, but all in PVE. Even with the double-loot, others are bound to get some legendary gear (half as much) and simply trade for their preferences. Exclusivity is power when it comes to collection schemes.

panzer
06-04-2013, 09:36 PM
Collector was my first thought too after pro player. I settled on dungeon crawler in hopes the PVE loot would give more than the collector.

grey0one
06-04-2013, 09:41 PM
AA cards are going to be rare/legendary, regardless.

I'm pretty sure ones a dopplegadget. :)

Rare/legendary doesn't mean good or sought after. That drives up the perceived value of the AA cards more than any one attribute. The real question is will the be chosen by use/chase by players or by artist that could make a random rare pretty.

BlindMan
06-04-2013, 09:47 PM
Forgive me, I didn't actually put it in the form of a question. Have we confirmed they're not account-bound?

There has never been any indication that they are. I don't recall offhand if it was directly addressed by a Cryptozoic staffer, but the general understanding is that people will trade them to get play sets, and they are not treated differently than any other cards.

Lazybum
06-04-2013, 09:50 PM
only thing in this game that is soulbound is the perks that each tier offers like the 100% loot for DC and the free draft per week for PP etc etc any and all cards can be traded, notice i said cards dont think mercenaries count here tho

Tyrfang
06-04-2013, 09:52 PM
We actually don't know whether or not faction-specific cards are bound or not, yet.