PDA

View Full Version : Keep Defence - Lets Add Some Lore

Beastmaster
06-04-2013, 09:25 PM
Instead of just paying to attack a Keep like you do to enter a theme park, I suggest:

Players in fact pay a Crazy Dwarf to use his teleportation machine that locks onto piles gold and randomly teleports players to locations that contain sufficient quantities i.e. Keeps.

THe Dwarf is actually not interested in the money as he just wants test subjects for his machine and is more than happy to hand it over to the lords of the keeps that end up being intact in exchange for the return of the remains of said subject and details of where on Hex they ended up.

Note - too many defences will interfere with piles of gold if they are too small preventing unscrupulous Keep Lords from having token treasuries and mammoth defences to profit from these adventurers without offering a fair reward

More famous Keeps with larger Treasuries (or Famous Defences) generally employ simple wards to prevent teleportation due to the fear that one day someone will find a way to teleport their gold out rather than an adventurer in.

These Keeps can only be attacked by paying a guide to take the player to a specific keep for a larger fee than the Dwarf charges. It did not take Keep lord's long to work out where these 'adventurers' were coming from and they were astounded by the amount they were willing to pay for a chance to die at the hands of their deadly Keep Defences.

Now it is a poorly kept secret that all the guides are employed directly by the keeps that they guide you to allowing the Keeps to add the profit from unlucky adventurers to their Treasury and their own pockets - no to mention having direct control over the price charged to 'guide' players to their keeps.

The reason for all this silly business allowing their own keeps to be attacked? - its simple the Keep lord with the largest Treasury in all of Hex gains the begrudging respect of the Dragon Primal and in granted the 'necklace of dragons' rumoured to allow the wearer to summon a dragon to aid him in his adventures in the Dungeons of Hex using their charge power.

For this reason, every nobleman knows the names of the 10 largest treasuries in Hex like he knows his own name and many times will chat with his buddies at the tavern into the early hours of the morning trying to think up a way to defeat one of these famous keeps and claim its treasures for his own.

What do you guys think?

Tinuvas
06-04-2013, 10:06 PM
That's just a whole pile of fun right there. I like it.

d00dz
06-04-2013, 10:09 PM
CZE could also host large-scale faction battles using Keep Defense. Each player will choose a side every month and the faction that earns the most victories (or better win-loss ratio) will win and all its participants will receive prizes.

Beastmaster
06-04-2013, 10:11 PM
Thanks Tinuvas, I was worried no one would comment lol.

I think that rewarding the player with the biggest pile of loot up for grabs will really encourage people to play Keep Defence and make it better for everyone even if Crypto doesnt adopt the lore that I have suggested

Sholynyk
09-25-2013, 09:39 AM
I think it is genius and hope Crypt adds your ideas to their game.

YourOpponent
09-25-2013, 10:31 AM
Some sort of Lore to the Keeps would be pretty awesome!! Especially what were the keeps originally designed to protect from?

keldrin
09-25-2013, 11:16 PM
I think that's a cool concept. I like the lore angle.
I also lean towards your keeps appearance being faction or maybe race specific.