PDA

View Full Version : The Multiplayer in the MMO of this game ....

Jarric
06-04-2013, 09:55 PM
So after re reading a lot of the info and watching all the twitch videos, I am now a little concerned with the Multiplayer aspect of this game. Raids are 3v1. As of right now, that is the only thing you can do with friends other than playing each other and deck strategy. There is the keep defense but that is ultimately you not playing with friends at the sametime but rather setting up a trap for others, sorta.

What is the point to having more than 3 people in a guild is what I am wondering? As long as those three are always on to play with each other they can just do the raids.

don't get me wrong I am still SUPER stoked for the game ... just expressing a concern.

Mainly worried that if there isn't enough Co-op stuff my friends I have coming with me won't want to stay.

~Jarric

grey0one
06-04-2013, 10:04 PM
Well, in the raiding sense, you are right.

But guild-sponsored/guildie-sponsored non-ranked tournaments will be the big guild events for the week. Progressive League format will most likely format.

Tyrfang
06-04-2013, 10:04 PM
The problem with larger parties is that the priority pass takes longer.

That said, they really want to do 2v2 and 2vAI, so that'll probably be added later.

You can also do private leagues and the like, but in the end, those are 1v1 games.

Guilds are there as a social unit, to share strats or play games with. Realistically, most MMOs only have party sizes up to 5 or 6, but almost all of the non-dungeon/raid content is soloable.

funktion
06-04-2013, 10:09 PM
I wouldn't say it's a "problem" necessarily. More of a misnomer perhaps. Massive Multiplayer to me means multiple people interacting at once.

There's not really anything "Massive Multiplayer" about this. Sure there might be lots of people playing at once, but there are lots of people playing chess at any given moment.

grey0one
06-04-2013, 10:11 PM
The problem with larger parties is that the priority pass takes longer.

That said, they really want to do 2v2 and 2vAI, so that'll probably be added later.

You can also do private leagues and the like, but in the end, those are 1v1 games.

Guilds are there as a social unit, to share strats or play games with. Realistically, most MMOs only have party sizes up to 5 or 6, but almost all of the non-dungeon/raid content is soloable.

I do believe that league format is as sociable as a 25 man raid, if not more so. But I do admit that's an opinion.

I have found that in my former mmo guilds that the bonding occurs over chat, voice channels and forum posts more than the actual content. The content is the reason for why we're there, but friendships are formed with communication.