PDA

View Full Version : Can we get clarification on what gold and platinum will be used for?

tacospag
06-04-2013, 10:32 PM
Other than as an exchange medium through the auction house. What makes these resources inherently valuable to other players so that they will be willing to trade for it?

Tyrfang
06-04-2013, 10:34 PM
Gold is the PvE currency. Platinum is the cash-shop currency (used for booster packs and tickets).

Cards/items you post on the AH can have a price or bid from either currency.

tacospag
06-04-2013, 10:36 PM
Ah, that is a little clearer. Now, are there any details on what gold is actually used for? i.e. why would a player want to give away his pvp stuff for it.

larryhl
06-04-2013, 10:39 PM
Used to buy PvE cards and some equipment. Also Keep Defense jackpot.

TheDiv
06-04-2013, 10:41 PM
They might want PvE equipment or cards but be too lazy to run the dungeons for them. So they'll buy it instead :)

djlowballer
06-04-2013, 11:12 PM
but why would a PVE player take gold for a PVE card when they could charge plat?

Avedecus
06-04-2013, 11:18 PM
Because if no one is willing to pay plat for that card (or most pve cards, likely) then they have no choice.

Gwaer
06-04-2013, 11:21 PM
There is a huge question of what gold is good for, if it isn't useful for something, it won't be worth it.

djlowballer
06-04-2013, 11:24 PM
Yeah all of the gold talk so far makes it sound like an attempt to soften the blow that Hex is a RMT game.

Tyrfang
06-04-2013, 11:26 PM
The PvE part of the game is pretty in-depth.

With the huge influx of Set 1 cards, PvP commons/uncommons will probably be up for gold.

larryhl
06-04-2013, 11:36 PM
There's no way you're going to be able to sell everything for plat.

madar
06-04-2013, 11:52 PM
There is a huge question of what gold is good for, if it isn't useful for something, it won't be worth it.

To trade the PVE equipment through the AH for example.

Patrigan
06-05-2013, 12:07 AM
I think common uncommon and rare equipment will be found for gold. I also think the same rarities of PvE cards are also going to be up for gold on the AH. Few persons will want to pay platinum (real money) for easy to get free stuff. The only qsuestionmark can be put with rare stuff, which will be greatly dependant on droprates (and droplocations, can you grind 1 dungeon to get the same card, or does the card drop in all dungeons).

I think both Legendary PvE cards and Legendary Equipment will be up for both gold and platinum. I think they'll make the number of Legendaries in PvE higher than in PvP, while maintaining a similar or lower droprate. We also know that there will be zillions of Legendary Equipment, granted that this will drop with a very low droprate as well (Corey hinted as such), they might come up on the AH for plat more often.

On the PvP side, I believe we'll see a lot of rares and legendary cards for Plat. Commons and uncommons will go for both Plat and Gold. I assume some PvPers will want to use their commons to kickstart their gold collection when they wish to start PvE (giving them a boost, as they can buy whatever the vendors are selling very early on). In fact, i believe it's more interesting to sell commons and uncommons for gold than for plat, as you'll have way more bidders.

Occasionally, you will see a PvP rare for gold, as I assume they will fetch a very high gold price, likely giving a higher Gold for Plat exchange rate than using the standard CZE Exchange Rate. I assume all PvE players that don't want to pay real money will pay good gold for PvP rares and Legendaries (that they couldn't otherwise get).

whythelastman
06-05-2013, 05:43 AM
@patrigan terrific insight! Thanks for articulating this

Patrigan
06-05-2013, 06:02 AM
@patrigan terrific insight! Thanks for articulating this

Don't take my words for granted though. It's all based on speculation and wild (calculated) guesses.

Fireblast
06-05-2013, 06:08 AM
Don't take my words for granted though. It's all based on speculation and wild (calculated) guesses.

I have the same guesses.
I'm also pretty sure people won't care to spend plat on PvE stuff, hell there are people wasting $$$ on facebook games so buying a cool PvE thing for $2 (assuming it takes some time to get it) seems fine

~

whythelastman
06-05-2013, 06:09 AM

Absolutely understood. I just found your theories convincing and logical :)

Patrigan
06-05-2013, 06:20 AM
I have the same guesses.
I'm also pretty sure people won't care to spend plat on PvE stuff, hell there are people wasting $$$ on facebook games so buying a cool PvE thing for $2 (assuming it takes some time to get it) seems fine

~

You should stop agreeing with me. I'm not used to that from you :(

Fireblast
06-05-2013, 06:38 AM
You should stop agreeing with me. I'm not used to that from you :(

You used to be wrong, you're the one who changed :D

~