PDA

View Full Version : Booster opening experience

GreyGriffin
06-05-2013, 01:09 AM
A few suggestions to enhance the booster opening experience.

Opening the Booster
Opening a booster pack is a very tactile experience. With Hex's focus on being an augmented tabletop card game, certain portions of that experience could be lost. I recommend the boosters be treated like objects that can be moved and examined. There should be sound effects when you open them, maybe different depending on where you click them. (Do you rip them open vertically? Carefully tease open the top?)

Pulling out the cards
There should be ample opportunity to examine the cards in detail before you slide them into your binder. This could probably be a tray where you can open and arrange multiple boosters, just to see how you've done for yourself with this week's binge before they get shuffled into the ranks with the rest of your cards.

Immediate deck access
You should be able to examine your decks and slot cards into your them directly from the booster "tray" (see above) without having to browse your massive collection to find your brand new cards you just got.

That's off the top of my head. Anyone else got any ideas?

Mr.Funsocks
06-05-2013, 01:35 AM
They said that they'd have a "just show me the damn cards" button, but also a version that was a little more lingering for the experience.

TheDiv
06-05-2013, 01:38 AM
I hope they offer a very sensual experience for when we want it and especially for Primals but also a quick and dirty mass-booster opening frenzy that just churns them out :P

larryhl
06-05-2013, 01:41 AM
They said that they'd have a "just show me the damn cards" button, but also a version that was a little more lingering for the experience.

Sounds like the way you can open packs in the Yu-Gi-Oh Game Boy games.

Zomnivore
06-05-2013, 01:42 AM
I think what I need out of opening a pack is a zoomed out view of them all and then a zoomed full sized very readable card and then some way to immediately check the card's equipment and achievements...all the while being able to cycle through quickly.

mudkip
06-05-2013, 02:04 AM
After a few dozen openings, you'll only care about the rare that you get from each booster and quickly flick through the 10th copy of that 1/1 troop you hate.

</cynic>

panzer
06-05-2013, 02:21 AM
Effects are great for this the first few times but the ability to open multiple packs at once is a must especially if animations can't be turned off. Sorting cards by recently opened would be a nice addition as well as sorting by booster and decks on top of the usual options.

larryhl
06-05-2013, 02:23 AM
Edit: fixed.

panzer
06-05-2013, 02:25 AM
Whoa...I think panzer broke the forums.

yea I did, lol.

fyi dont multi quote.

Thallium45
06-05-2013, 03:19 AM
This sounds like we all agree that we would like:

1. A sensual one by one method.
2. A 'show me them cards already!'
3. A mass opener for multiple packs.
4. A clean way to view and review cards that have been recently opened.

jai151
06-05-2013, 05:42 AM
1. A sensual one by one method.

Would that be one where the pack slowly opens itself to sultry music?

Reddaye
06-05-2013, 05:52 AM
I like the idea a lot. Opening card packs is a ritual in and of itself. Even a superstition for some. Giving us a nice, tactile way to open up our boosters would really add to the experience for sure.

Being able to move the packs around with your mouse, peel them open with your pointer (not entirely sure how this would work) then having a visual representation of the cards stacked in front of you would all go a long way. Obviously having a button to just line them all up if you want is also important.

Gawd, I'm giddy LOL.

fitzle
06-05-2013, 06:44 AM
Is it getting rather hot in here or is it just me?

ShaolinRaven
06-05-2013, 06:50 AM
I like the ideas, I always just ripped open a pack, but to each their own. I did look through every card though, even well into a set and never just went for a rare.

Ultimately they just need the interface to have enough options that you can customize your experience. I"d love a mass open option that just sorted all the cards into stacks of similar cards so I could look at each card that I got and see how many, but it just showed one stack instead of every individual instance.

GreyGriffin
06-05-2013, 01:03 PM
Oh yeah, definitely, a way to mass open packs and quickly sort your new cards (by rarity, color, threshold/cost, race/faction affiliation) is definitely needed. Sometimes you want to savor it, sometimes you want your damn cards.

JMFD
06-05-2013, 01:06 PM
It has already been answered by Crypto that there will be two forms of opening boosters. A slow "sensual" version as mentioned before, and a give me my damn cards version.

Madican
06-05-2013, 01:36 PM
Would that be one where the pack slowly opens itself to sultry music?

The cards also moan as they slowly slide out of the wrapping.

GreyGriffin
06-05-2013, 01:41 PM
Everyone knows if you turn your mic on and play Barry White while opening packs you have an increased chance of legendaries.

Madican
06-05-2013, 01:42 PM
That's only if you slide the cursor over the pack slowly for about ten minutes before opening it.

GreyGriffin
06-05-2013, 01:45 PM
Make sure to turn the pack over and wiggle it under the easy open flap for at least a few seconds, too.

jai151
06-05-2013, 01:55 PM
Oh, what have I started...

On a more serious note, I still would like them to include pack wars as a casual format.

Thallium45
06-05-2013, 07:34 PM
Lets just hope they think about adding some decent options into the experience. and since they love the digital side of this TCG they could do some really cool things i think