PDA

View Full Version : Ala HEX stream: Optional Integrated Video Chat option in client

SamCube
06-05-2013, 06:25 AM
I know that we talked before about audio chat ingame. But I wonder, I have my best friend who leaves pretty far now, and I'm pushing him to play hex. Watching yesterdays stream, it makes me wonder, how nice would be to play with him and also watch his face will playing! Like yesterdays Ben's face when he showed us the Murder card.
I know that playing with a complete stranger in video it's something we not all of us will do or try, but playing with close friends? As you joke with him or you do your final combo watching his/her face it's adds a new dimension to the game, suddenly looks less digital. Do you know what I mean?
To decrease bandwich it would be enough with tiny little screens, with both faces (like 200x90 px) for example. Always something optional and always the hoster of the duel will take all the necessary connection. Like a mini skype integrated on HEX.

I don't know, I picture myself playing pretty offen, and specially with close friends having a beer and joking around. Would be great that this could be already integrated in the client, no need the fuss of ventrilo, skype or others.

What do you think?

Fireblast
06-05-2013, 06:31 AM
Not sure about the minimum age required to play the game, but webcams can lead to sex abuse.
Just use skype and minimize your HEX window?

~

jai151
06-05-2013, 06:33 AM
Yeah, not so sure about that. Free game and video chat, sounds like a recipe for chat roulette

SamCube
06-05-2013, 06:34 AM
Skype its a ram sucker. Also you need to convince your pal to install it and create and account, finally for saving time and ram, you will not open ever the video. That's the way I see it.

Genocidal
06-05-2013, 06:35 AM
Cryptozoic's core competency is as a trading card game company and I don't want to see them trying to implement something as non-trivial as video communication when Skype is a perfectly viable alternative. I honestly expect it'd be used by so few people that it would be a waste of their development time.

Gorgol
06-05-2013, 06:38 AM
No

DjiN
06-05-2013, 06:45 AM
Windowed mode + Skype/Google Hangout/etc. and you got what you want.

SamCube
06-05-2013, 06:51 AM
Yeah, I see the bad points on it. Always sick people makes you want to take the "save" position. I agree that could be missused specially being a free game. I really didn't mind to pay a little more to have it implemented, like a VIP feature or something. Your own video server. I don't know. Experience told me that trying to make you friends connect to the game is already a hard task. If you want them to start other programs I don't see it happening. Maybe my friends are too lazy or non-tech. Not too long ago we just played in my home with paper cards.