PDA

View Full Version : Character name reservation, priority for forum username?

Phisbut
06-05-2013, 08:06 AM
For the 1.8M stretch goal that includes early character name reservation, if it's going to be a free-for-all amongst the 14,000 or so backers, I was wondering if it would be possible for users to have first-priority over the name they are registered under in the forums.

It would really suck if someone could snipe someone else's username, and it would be confusing within the community if a character with a specific name would not be the same person as the user with the same name in this forum.

MatWith1T
06-05-2013, 08:10 AM
I call dibs on Gwaer!

Vibraxus
06-05-2013, 08:12 AM
I can see there being a run for Yasi for sure.

Malicus
06-05-2013, 08:18 AM
Who should own the name, the first person to create it on the forums or in game. What if someone uses the name on kick starter should they get priority?

Have a back up ready if your name is common would be my advice there is almost no real way to be truly fair except to give everyone the same opportunity.

jai151
06-05-2013, 08:30 AM
I know I'm biased, but I really hope they do allow those of us who are getting vanity cards first crack at names. I want the card to reference me, not some random backer who grabbed Jai first.

RobHaven
06-05-2013, 09:02 AM
I'm also getting nervous about the naming thing. I've used the same name for almost everything, and it's going to suck if it gets grabbed before I can get it.

Prior to the "Username = Keep Name" thing, this wasn't a concern. Now it's a MAJOR concern.

taveren
06-05-2013, 09:05 AM
maybe they go down the tiers in order

Madican
06-05-2013, 09:28 AM
I would think Crypto would be willing to help you gain your name if someone snipes it and you already had it on the forums.

true
06-05-2013, 09:28 AM
I want more clarification on what names will be uniqe and whats permanently linked to the account. What I gathered is that are keep names are linked to our accounts but are chr names are prefixes. So I can have. A keep named of say " the hall of heros" and that is uniqne to me. Then I can have many champs who are then named of my keep. IE. Truelight of the hall of heros. And truehex of the hall of heros. But some else can have. Truelight of the rock. Or sone ouher keep name..

Gwaer
06-05-2013, 10:25 AM
I call dibs on Gwaer!
Go for it. =) I won't be using it in game.

Yasi
06-05-2013, 10:27 AM
I'm taking Ashenor as soon as I can. Maybe snag up a couple of other names while I'm at it.

MTree
06-05-2013, 10:44 AM
I can see there being a run for Yasi for sure.

Why bother if the client doesn't support Comic Sans? Just wont be the same.