PDA

View Full Version : Rage Stacking?

ErnieK
06-05-2013, 08:29 AM
Just a quick question on how certain cards will interact. CLAW OF THE MOUNTAIN GOD gives all your orcs Rage 1. Does that mean that the orcs that already have Rage will get the additional stacked, or does the effect simply ensure that all orcs have AT LEAST Rage 1?

ShaolinRaven
06-05-2013, 08:30 AM
It should stack since a lot of orcs have rage already. So any card that had, say, rage 2 now has rage 3. But we don't know for sure.

houjix
06-05-2013, 08:31 AM
Most likey it will stack. Keywords with numbers tend to be stackable.

warstriker
06-05-2013, 08:31 AM
Just a quick question on how certain cards will interact. CLAW OF THE MOUNTAIN GOD gives all your orcs Rage 1. Does that mean that the orcs that already have Rage will get the additional stacked, or does the effect simply ensure that all orcs have AT LEAST Rage 1?

orcs gain Rage 1 not Rage +1. I think the highest number will count. Rage 2 would replace Rage 1
We can only make assumptions at this moment

Punk
06-05-2013, 08:38 AM
orcs gain Rage 1 not Rage +1. I think the highest number will count. Rage 2 would replace Rage 1
We can only make assumptions at this moment

Comparing it to any other TCG I have ever played, this makes the most sense.

houjix
06-05-2013, 08:44 AM

Well the WoW TCG has a keyword called Assault followed by a number. An ally that has an instance of Assault 1 and Assault 2 effectively has Assault 3. So yes, it is still an assumption, but shows that there is a precedent for it to stack.

Fireblast
06-05-2013, 08:47 AM
Rage X means, you get +X when it attacks.

So a card with rage 2 while having the mountain claw would make the card have :
Rage 2
Rage 1
(When it attacks it gets +2+1)

and that is shortcut to :

Rage 3
(When it attacks it gets +3)

~

jai151
06-05-2013, 08:50 AM

Actually, in pretty much every TCG, it stacks.

Liokae
06-05-2013, 08:52 AM
Would depend on how they programmed it. I'm sure they've specifically considered it and decided how it should be (that'd be a pretty critical playtest/design failure if they hadn't, and they're pretty smart folk over there)... it depends on how the Rage effect is treated. Is the entire effect an entity by itself on the card? Or is each Rage effect a flag? Or is Rage a flag, but the value something that's set by cards?

If it's the first one, then it works out to being stackable because you just get two instances of Rage that trigger seperately. You attack, Rage 1 goes off and boosts you, and your other Rage 1 goes off and boosts you again. If it's the second case, then rage effects of the same magnitude wouldn't stack, but those of DIFFERENT magnitudes would- you either have Rage 1 or you don't, and you either have Rage 2 or you don't... so two Rage 1 effects would be Rage 1, but a Rage 1 AND a Rage 2 effect applied would give you the benefit of a Rage 3. Then the last case is that whether or not you have Rage at all is a flag, and the magnitude is a different variable that's simply set by cards.

Realistically speaking, since there's zero chance they haven't considered this, the most likely case as far as internal mechanics go is that it's structured like the third case, and they've deliberately written it to either increment magnitude, or set magnitude. We'd have to get a dev to chime in to say which it is.

Jotora
06-05-2013, 08:53 AM
Rage X means, you get +X when it attacks.

So a card with rage 2 while having the mountain claw would make the card have :
Rage 2
Rage 1
(When it attacks it gets +2+1)

and that is shortcut to :

Rage 3
(When it attacks it gets +3)

~
This is how I interpret it.

Liokae
06-05-2013, 08:57 AM
Orc synergy does seem rather underwhelming without stacking rage, after all.

larryhl
06-05-2013, 10:11 AM
Yes, in pretty much all TCGs, giving a card multiple of something means it will stack unless specifically said in the rules that it won't (like Lifelink in MtG is specifically said not to stack).

CoFaX
06-06-2013, 01:44 AM
I think that rage now not so good. If it will give yours orcs(with rage) +X/+X(not permanently) if they attack/block together with another orc(or orcs) it will be more interesting

jaxsonbateman
06-06-2013, 01:47 AM
Just to reiterate, it will probably stack - that's the case in many TCGs. Some things will be redundant if they stack (ie. a creature with two instances of 'speed' won't gain anything over having one instance of 'speed'), but something like rage will gain benefits by stacking.