PDA

View Full Version : Special reward for final stretch goal request to crypto

maniza
06-05-2013, 08:48 AM
i know its a long shot and you have already given so much but as the final stretch goal reward i would love to see a sealed deck tournament for all backers above 250 or if you are felling realy generous to everyone at the start of each set. its just sealed is my favorite format and it has a special place in my heart and it is also a verry effective way to promote the new sets. you could make it so that only the top 20% or 10% gets to keep the cards they open and maybe a special reward for the top 10 players. just something i came up with this morning.

benczi
06-05-2013, 08:50 AM
+1

ShaolinRaven
06-05-2013, 09:01 AM
I'm sure they will have pre-release tourneys and they'll probably be sealed. Since both are mentioned on the main HEX sight under tournaments.

Avedecus
06-05-2013, 09:14 AM
Why only $250+ backers? That does nothing for the majority of backers (who would probably like to be excited about the last stretch goal, rather than see other rewards heaped onto others who are already getting a ton) and it does nothing for Crypto since those tiers are already an endangered species.

maniza
06-05-2013, 09:19 AM
Why only $250+ backers? That does nothing for the majority of backers (who would probably like to be excited about the last stretch goal, rather than see other rewards heaped onto others who are already getting a ton) and it does nothing for Crypto since those tiers are already an endangered species.

well 250 are the people paying the most so we shud get the most but if it was me il let everyone in on the action and then just let a little percentage keep the cards

Avedecus
06-05-2013, 09:20 AM
We're getting plenty already though. And we already get more set 2/3 boosters than lower tiers.

tgm0112
06-05-2013, 09:24 AM
well 250 are the people paying the most so we shud get the most but if it was me il let everyone in on the action and then just let a little percentage keep the cards

You could make that argument of GK+. The $250 line is arbitrary and seems self-serving.

Thelaasa
06-05-2013, 09:59 AM
While I like the idea of special pre-release tournaments, the part where only certain players get to keep their cards makes this a huge no. I know that I, personally, would not even bother to participate in such a tournament if there were even a chance that I wouldn't get to keep the cards that I used.

maniza
06-05-2013, 10:23 AM
god relax everybody, the reasoning behind 250 tier limit is that there are some of those left to sell. not my own personal benefit. anyway its a basic idea of something i think wouldent cost to much and that its diferent from other rewards we already have. i think its exiting just wonder if a good amount of the comunity thinks thesame way.
but if crypto thinks that they can make it for everyone then by all means that would be even more awsome i for one just hope they like the idea as much as i do.

full disclusure: i pledged at grand king level so its safe to asume the final reward will include me.

Yasi
06-05-2013, 10:24 AM
Sure, let's put the development of the game aside and focus on tournaments for the $250 pledgers.

Swordmage
06-05-2013, 10:38 AM
I'm still voting for On-Demand Sealed.

maniza
06-05-2013, 10:41 AM
On demand sealed will exist that is confirmed

Jbizzi
06-05-2013, 10:43 AM
They have already mentioned that they are not going to be giving away special or high prize rewards for meeting the last three stretch goals. This has already been made apparent with some general but cool things that they are in the process of doing.

You also would not want to limit the tournament to such a small segment of who has and what is available because less people would be willing to back or upgrade based on the final stretch goal, which is counter intuitive to reaching the goal!

Swordmage
06-05-2013, 10:49 AM
On demand sealed will exist that is confirmed

HALLELUJAH! HALLELUJAH! I can crack my 200 something packs without having to sit through 60 something drafts because I refuse to rare draft!

supasnake
06-05-2013, 10:58 AM
set 2 boosters. I needs more set 2.

benczi
06-05-2013, 11:05 AM
I +1-d the free sealed tournament for each set idea.

besides that here's what I would like: I would love to have one huge ass tournament with all the kick-starter players just before launch. with top ~250 players getting cool prizes (or heck, everyone getting some prize).

maniza
06-05-2013, 11:07 AM
Ok im just goin to explain it in more detail so you guys get the whole picture.i guess its better if everyone is inclouded so squire and above get one free sealed deck tournament for each new set. The tournaments will be held the day of release of every new set. It would be kind of a party or celebration for the new set. The people get to open 3 packs and a seled deck with random cards. Then build a deck out of that for the whole tournament. Say each tournament consists of 100 players, in that case the top 10 get to keep the cards and maybe something extra for the winner. Now to clarify this is not the stretch goal its the reward to the backers. Maybe non backers can play to but pay a small fee. There will be sealed deck tournaments so this shouldent be to hard to pull of. Also details can change like if 10% winners is to much then make it 3 or 5, this is just the basic idea.

maniza
06-05-2013, 11:09 AM
I +1-d the free sealed tournament for each set idea.

besides that here's what I would like: I would love to have one huge ass tournament with all the kick-starter players just before launch. with top ~250 players getting cool prizes (or heck, everyone getting some prize).
Most likely they would have to make multiple tournaments but you actualy get my idea thanks

maniza
06-05-2013, 11:11 AM
set 2 boosters. I needs more set 2.

Tournaments would start with set 2 so if you win(or get close enough) you get to keep your set 2 cards that you opened in the tournament