PDA

View Full Version : Question about donating with paypal and future account login

ecaflip
06-05-2013, 09:20 AM
So I understand that when I back Hex with paypal donation I still get the same rewards, but when the game goes live, do I have to make an account under my paypal's e-mail address or will there be some activation code I can use on an account I create to gain my donation rewards?

ecaflip
06-05-2013, 11:32 AM
pls respond

larryhl
06-05-2013, 11:34 AM
Just like they aren't tying your game account to your Kickstarter login/credit card, they're not going to do it for Paypal. Most likely you'll just have some sort of activation code that activates your rewards on an account.

DjiN
06-05-2013, 11:34 AM
You will be able to choose any e-Mail address. And the code is probably the way they will do it.

jai151
06-05-2013, 11:41 AM
You will be able to choose any e-Mail address. And the code is probably the way they will do it.

They will probably do a clone of the kickstarter survey, which will include a "What email do you want this account linked to" question. A code would be too insecure.

Zaxian
06-05-2013, 03:24 PM
So I understand that when I back Hex with paypal donation I still get the same rewards, but when the game goes live, do I have to make an account under my paypal's e-mail address or will there be some activation code I can use on an account I create to gain my donation rewards?
I was wondering the same thing (or a similar thing) earlier today, so pinged them a message on KS about it asking "Just wondering, if we back the campaign via Paypal (rather than on Kickstarter) how will the rewards be claimed/sent out?" and got this response:

Hello,

The same process will occur for paypal as kickstarter. We will send you an email with the information needed to get you into Alpha. Then the awards will be sent to your accounts as we get closer to going Live.

Thank you for your support.
:)