PDA

View Full Version : PSA: The Yasi problem - What you can do to let the troll hang himself.

Xenavire
06-05-2013, 10:42 AM
Ignore, ignore, ignore. There, you are saved from horrible green letters spamming all your interesting threads.

I can't remember exactly what steps to take to ignore them, but if someone could be so kind, we can have this guy mass-ignored (for the people who are sick of him, of course.)

I wish we had a report feature for times like this, but ignore will do the trick.

larryhl
06-05-2013, 10:43 AM
Click his name next to a post, click View Profile, and then click Add to Ignore List. Confirm, and you're good to go.

Edit: I win ;)

ShaolinRaven
06-05-2013, 10:43 AM
If you click on someones name and select "view profile" you can select the "ignore" option from their main profile.

Daer
06-05-2013, 10:44 AM
Click his name and select View Profile, then you can ignore him.

Xenavire
06-05-2013, 10:44 AM
I love how helpful everyone is. Thanks, and anyone reading this can benefit.

Yasi
06-05-2013, 10:54 AM
The hell did I do?

caffn8d
06-05-2013, 10:56 AM
I like green, so I just let it wash over me like the waves in the ocean.

Yasi
06-05-2013, 10:57 AM
I can change the green color if that was the problem.

Fireblast
06-05-2013, 10:58 AM
OmarEpps is gone, Yasi is back

~

Yasi
06-05-2013, 11:00 AM
OmarEpps is gone, Yasi is back

~

Haha, I actually came across one of his post right before I left last week. It was about something with female troops? Can't remember.

Mr.Funsocks
06-05-2013, 11:00 AM
See, I have this problem. Trolls are usually so incredibly stupid and fun to play with, I feel the need to get entertainment out of them by making them very angry and act like they're superior. It's just funny...

MTree
06-05-2013, 11:02 AM
I for one like the Yasi,
He adds flavor to the forum.

stiii
06-05-2013, 11:11 AM
I find the ignore boxes pretty annoying.

Punk
06-05-2013, 11:12 AM
He's been ignored for a while now.

maniza
06-05-2013, 11:14 AM
Click his name and select View Profile, then you can ignore him.

Done thanks

bizznach
06-05-2013, 11:16 AM
i like yasi's easy to read format

Mr.Funsocks
06-05-2013, 11:16 AM
I've never been a fan of using Ignore features (unless someone's spamming me in-game while I'm trying to talk to someone, I usually unignore them when I remember). I can ignore people all on my own!

ForgedSol
06-05-2013, 11:17 AM
If I used the ignore feature, it wouldn't be for Yasi.

Punk
06-05-2013, 11:19 AM
*ignores ForgedSol before he can ignore me*

Indormi
06-05-2013, 11:21 AM
I've never been a fan of using Ignore features (unless someone's spamming me in-game while I'm trying to talk to someone, I usually unignore them when I remember). I can ignore people all on my own!
I'm pretty much the same as you

Tathel
06-05-2013, 11:24 AM
I actually didn't have much of an issue with Yasi, he wasn't really harassing much from what I saw. And he hasn't been any trouble lately that I've seen.
Occasionally he even contributed to stuff

But i suppose by being the first obvious semi-obnoxious poster he's set himself as the standard

ForgedSol
06-05-2013, 11:36 AM
*ignores ForgedSol before he can ignore me*

You win? I'm like Mr. Funsocks, no using of the feature for me. I just do it manually... mentally? Consciously. That's it.

RobHaven
06-05-2013, 11:37 AM
edit ~ this is re: Yasi

Get off his nuts. He's funny enough to not be universally branded as a pest, and he hasn't really been trolling for a while. Stop crying. If you don't like it, ignore him; no need to put him on blast publicly.

Xenavire
06-05-2013, 11:45 AM
edit ~ this is re: Yasi

Get off his nuts. He's funny enough to not be universally branded as a pest, and he hasn't really been trolling for a while. Stop crying. If you don't like it, ignore him; no need to put him on blast publicly.

OK, this is less about Yasi and more about the fact some people do not know about the ignore feature - but the cause of me making this thread is the fact Yasi decided to spam about 10 different threads in the space of minutes without making a constructive post among them.

If he decides to act and contribute the same as most of the forums, and then troll only when appropriate, then people would probably like him. But as it stands, I have heard more complaints about Yasi than any other member of the forums - and that alone is a pretty large negative impact on the whole community.

If we had a report feature, this would be over and done with pretty quickly - the troll posts could be easily found and deleted, leaving his 3 or 4 constructive and useful posts for people to see.

larryhl
06-05-2013, 11:49 AM
OK, this is less about Yasi and more about the fact some people do not know about the ignore feature - but the cause of me making this thread is the fact Yasi decided to spam about 10 different threads in the space of minutes without making a constructive post among them.

If he decides to act and contribute the same as most of the forums, and then troll only when appropriate, then people would probably like him. But as it stands, I have heard more complaints about Yasi than any other member of the forums - and that alone is a pretty large negative impact on the whole community.

If we had a report feature, this would be over and done with pretty quickly - the troll posts could be easily found and deleted, leaving his 3 or 4 constructive and useful posts for people to see.

This.

caffn8d
06-05-2013, 11:55 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EL8e2ujXe8g

Zomnivore
06-05-2013, 11:56 AM
I just don't look at the names and then its like I'm half way through thinking a response glance because the post is usually off and its like oh its yas how do I also debate this, and play the meta game around what the proper response to a troll is...

Its all an interesting little mid game and at the end of the day I welcome it.

RobHaven
06-05-2013, 11:57 AM
This whole thing just strikes me as melodramatic. Does "This." constitute a constructive post? Did that add more to the conversation than Yasi has in his posts? It's all subjective. I get annoyed as hell every time I see "This." or "I agree with everyone..." because they're a waste. But that's just my opinion, and I'm not giving anyone crap for it. [Until now, kind of.]

I don't even know why I'm carrying this guy's flag around...I guess it just has more to do with the fact that I think the Shun button should only be used in extreme cases, and we're a long ways away from that (in my personal opinion).

Madican
06-05-2013, 11:59 AM
What's more annoying than Yasi is everyone who posts "+1" and nothing else. This is not Facebook.

Xenavire
06-05-2013, 12:17 PM
I agree wholeheartedly, and even I am guilty of the occasional +1 kind of post, but sometimes you support an idea without anything to add. Yasi, on the other hand, posts things that are intentionally unhelpful, and often.

And I will stop whining. I have made my point, and Yasi knows now that several people disagree with how he acts, and would want those posts removed, or his whole account banned. If that is enough for him to change how he is going to act, then good - maybe I can get on board with having him around.

RobHaven
06-05-2013, 12:23 PM
Everyone wins if we get a +/- or thumbs up/down system. No more "this" or "+1", and trolling posts can be down voted.

larryhl
06-05-2013, 12:25 PM
Everyone wins if we get a +/- or thumbs up/down system. No more "this" or "+1", and trolling posts can be down voted.

So terribly tempted to just say +1 to this post.

But then RobHaven would just get mad at me again.

jai151
06-05-2013, 12:31 PM
I don't even know why I'm carrying this guy's flag around...I guess it just has more to do with the fact that I think the Shun button should only be used in extreme cases, and we're a long ways away from that (in my personal opinion).

You don't seem to have been part of the first go round of the Yasi plague. I still have him on ignore from then, but he was doing things like going into threads asking questions and intentionally posting misinformation as if he were quoting developers and going down the list of posts from the first three pages and posting something in each thread, normally something to be as instigating as possible.

Trust me, the guy earned his ignore long ago.

Yasi
06-05-2013, 12:31 PM
What the hell happened to this thread while I went to get lunch? This. THIS is what people should have issues with. Random, meaningless, and incoherent topics that just add more IFs than anything. This game has a great concept and I will play PvE, but I don't think I want to be a part of this community. Shame on you guys and especially some of the more prominent posters(jai comes to mind) who just write meaningless post that are just rabbles. I hate you guys for allowing this to happen and more so I hate myself for being unable to prevent it.

You think the internet is your ally? You merely adopted the internet. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see the forums until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but a child's game!

RobHaven
06-05-2013, 12:32 PM
But then RobHaven would just get mad at me again.

This.

ForgedSol
06-05-2013, 12:36 PM
If all troll posts came in a non-black color, the forums would be so much easier to navigate. I appreciate that's how Yasi rolls. There's no confusion of reading his post first and then looking at who posted a possible troll post. And still even then, a lot of his posts are joke commentary on the thread or a post as a whole. He doesn't do much rage-inciting, and rather goes for the laugh.

Note: I do think it's important to point out when they're jokes/less than truthful so new forum members aren't confused. But he is certainly not the worst troll on the forums, and there are non-trolls on these forums that I wish could tone down their responses which could drive people away. I literally considered dropping my pledges some days when these forums were so caustic and filled with anger and antagonism to new posters. But then I realized it will only be a few days more and then none of it will matter all the much, and fewer questions will be asked that sparks those kinds of responses (hopefully). The forums don't necessarily represent the player base as a whole, and dropping forum participation doesn't have to mean dropping the game if it comes to that.

Xenavire
06-05-2013, 12:38 PM
What the hell happened to this thread while I went to get lunch? This. THIS is what people should have issues with. Random, meaningless, and incoherent topics that just add more IFs than anything. This game has a great concept and I will play PvE, but I don't think I want to be a part of this community. Shame on you guys and especially some of the more prominent posters(jai comes to mind) who just write meaningless post that are just rabbles. I hate you guys for allowing this to happen and more so I hate myself for being unable to prevent it.

You think the internet is your ally? You merely adopted the internet. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see the forums until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but a child's game!

See what I mean here? This is not constructive at all, theres no hint of apology for all his actions, and he is acting like a victim despite behaving badly before anyone took offense.

These are the kinds of posts that led me to making this thread, and I feel totally justified when this is the kind of reaction it provokes.

RobHaven
06-05-2013, 12:40 PM
See what I mean here? This is not constructive at all, theres no hint of apology for all his actions, and he is acting like a victim despite behaving badly before anyone took offense.

These are the kinds of posts that led me to making this thread, and I feel totally justified when this is the kind of reaction it provokes.

I don't think you get the joke.

Xenavire
06-05-2013, 12:41 PM
If all troll posts came in a non-black color, the forums would be so much easier to navigate. I appreciate that's how Yasi rolls. There's no confusion of reading his post first and then looking at who posted a possible troll post. And still even then, a lot of his posts are joke commentary on the thread or a post as a whole. He doesn't do much rage-inciting, and rather goes for the laugh.

Note: I do think it's important to point out when they're jokes/less than truthful so new forum members aren't confused. But he is certainly not the worst troll on the forums, and there are non-trolls on these forums that I wish could tone down their responses which could drive people away. I literally considered dropping my pledges some days when these forums were so caustic and filled with anger and antagonism to new posters. But then I realized it will only be a few days more and then none of it will matter all the much, and fewer questions will be asked that sparks those kinds of responses (hopefully). The forums don't necessarily represent the player base as a whole, and dropping forum participation doesn't have to mean dropping the game if it comes to that.

I think most of the forums have been pretty nice to new people, giving them information that they asked for quickly, and then backing it up if possible. A few bad apples are floating around, but none have done lasting damage.

Yasi has made out a few posts to seem factual however, when they aren't, and adding that on top of everything else he has done or posted, it is getting pretty obvious he doesn't want to participate, he just wants to annoy people.

Xenavire
06-05-2013, 12:43 PM
I don't think you get the joke.

And do I care? The guy doesn't even care if his name gets dragged through the dirt, if it is a joke, and either way, it is not constructive or useful, and merely serves to annoy. I honestly couldn't care anymore at this point, if he sticks around I will just ignore him.

Yasi
06-05-2013, 12:45 PM

That's like saying, "that guy just killed someone, so it must be okay for me to do so as well." No...no matter what I do, it doesn't take away from the fact that most prominent posters on the HexTCG forums makes garbage posts/topics. And that's not all; they choose to do so and are instigating that kind of behavior from other users.

Stok3d
06-05-2013, 12:46 PM
I thought Yasi said he wasn't posting again :/

Oh well, back to the sea of:

Yasi
This message is hidden because Yasi is on your ignore list.
View Post
Remove user from ignore list

caffn8d
06-05-2013, 12:48 PM
I'd go into the psychology behind what I'm seeing on display here, but it wouldn't change anything. Plus all this is pretty amusing. :) GLHF!

Yasi
06-05-2013, 12:50 PM
giving them information that they asked for quickly, and then backing it up if possible.
I simply. Cannot. Take you seriously.

Yasi has made out a few posts to seem factual however, when they aren't, and adding that on top of everything else he has done or posted, it is getting pretty obvious he doesn't want to participate, he just wants to annoy people.
All of my factoid has been factual to my knowledge. I did admit I was wrong when someone corrected me. That was only once.

ForgedSol
06-05-2013, 12:52 PM
I'd go into the psychology behind what I'm seeing on display here, but it wouldn't change anything. Plus all this is pretty amusing. :) GLHF!

For the record, I would have read and enjoyed that post.

I honestly think this thread should be locked. If the thread was meant as a general PSA on how to use the ignore feature it should have been written that way. There is zero chance that the mods of the forums haven't read Yasi's posts and they haven't banned him yet. I'm uncomfortable having thread point fingers at other posters, and they shouldn't be allowed. We don't have a report button, but it's easy enough to search for the user OP_Kyle and point him to any particular post if it comes to that.

Tathel
06-05-2013, 12:53 PM
So are the people that are trying to engage yasi and get him to apologize also trolling, or just not understanding?

Xenavire
06-05-2013, 12:54 PM
That's like saying, "that guy just killed someone, so it must be okay for me to do so as well." No...no matter what I do, it doesn't take away from the fact that most prominent posters on the HexTCG forums makes garbage posts/topics. And that's not all; they choose to do so and are instigating that kind of behavior from other users.

I can only assume you are trying to imply that I make garbage posts and topics - I disagree, there has been useful information posted in here thanks to what I have posted, so it has already proved useful (more than I can say of any post you have made on this forum). As for my posts, a couple may not be up to a gold standard, but I doubt you will find any regular forum poster who can keep a gold standard in every single post they ever make.

But the distinction here is I am trying to help people, while you harrass and annoy. The minute you start helping the community, my complaints about you will vanish, but when you act like this after how you have acted all over these forums (constant cries for attention, bad behaviour, lying) because someone calls you out for it, it just hurts your case. How about you go back through all your posts and explain how they aren't complete crap, and we can talk about the quality of mine or others on this forum.

Jugan
06-05-2013, 12:55 PM
Yasi, on the other hand, posts things that are intentionally unhelpful, and often.

In a rare instance, I agree with you. Oftentimes we see absolutely 0 effort to be constructive.

Yasi
06-05-2013, 12:55 PM
So are the people that are trying to engage yasi and get him to apologize also trolling, or just not understanding?

I don't even know what happened after I left to get lunch. I just came back to this nonsense that I felt I had to post because I have nothing better to do.

In a rare instance, I agree with you. Oftentimes we see absolutely 0 effort to be constructive.

tgm0112
06-05-2013, 12:58 PM
In many ways, this community can be very helpful, encouraging, intelligent, and make me proud to be a part of it. This thread is not one of those ways.

Xenavire, specifically, you can't both call a troll out and proceed to feed it, if that's how you choose to qualify this Yasi (which I have never seen as any more a significant nuisance than others are from time to time). Be the bigger man, then, and stop responding. What happened to that Ignore function you supposedly made this thread for in the first place?

Tathel
06-05-2013, 01:00 PM
I think if they ever make troll cards they should name one Yasi, as an inside joke for the early adopters

OP_Kyle
06-05-2013, 01:01 PM
Let's please stop calling out people on the forums and talk about fun stuff like cards, games, and bears.

Closing this thread.