PDA

View Full Version : So did they ok multi-boxing in the stream?

theradol
06-05-2013, 10:47 AM
I watched it and saw nothing about it

but I've read at least one thread saying that they said it was ok as long as the accounts had different payment methods.

can anyone confirm/deny?

Yasi
06-05-2013, 10:53 AM
Yes. However, multiboxing is frowned upon by Cryptozoic. If you even care about that.

MTree
06-05-2013, 10:56 AM
I think the big concern is botting.

There really is no way to tell the difference between a person using 3 accounts and 3 people who live in the same house each using a single account and any method enforced to prevent the first would accidentally punish the latter. I don't think I have ever seen any online game that tried to prevent multi-boxing as long as they are not using bots/scripts/macros.

theradol
06-05-2013, 11:02 AM
Yes. However, multiboxing is frowned upon by Cryptozoic. If you even care about that.

this is what they said? its fine but they frown upon it? seems unlikely.

I read someone who said, that on the stream they said, "sure multiboxing, have fun. "

Yasi
06-05-2013, 11:04 AM
this is what they said? its fine but they frown upon it? seems unlikely.

I read someone who said, that on the stream they said, "sure multiboxing, have fun. "

It's just as MTree wrote. It's extremely difficult to enforce it and it's not worth their time. Their only preventive measure at this point that we know of is 1 payment method per account.

theradol
06-05-2013, 11:06 AM
It's just as MTree wrote. It's extremely difficult to enforce it and it's not worth their time. Their only preventive measure at this point that we know of is 1 payment method per account.

How did you do on the reading comprehension part of the SAT?

That isn't what I'm asking.

Specifically, did they say something about it on the stream yesterday, and what was it they said.

caffn8d
06-05-2013, 11:07 AM
I don't recall anything being said about it on the stream.

Talreth
06-05-2013, 11:08 AM

Specifically, did they say something about it on the stream yesterday, and what was it they said.

Don't think they take the SAT in Vietnam

Mr.Funsocks

He's a troll, he's not reading to comprehend :-P

I think the official line is a squirmy answer about having to have separate CC#s for accounts, and noncommittal. I get the sense they'd prefer you not to, but don't really have any plans to quash it unless it becomes a problem.

MTree

Hey Theradol,
Let's try to not personally attack people on the forums.

I watched the stream, but I don't remember this question coming up. Do you have a link to the thread that was talking about it?

Lunarath
06-05-2013, 11:09 AM
http://www.twitch.tv/hextcg/b/412717902

How about you check yourself if you have a problem with the answers?

theradol
06-05-2013, 11:16 AM
Hey Theradol,
Let's try to not personally attack people on the forums.

I watched the stream, but I don't remember this question coming up. Do you have a link to the thread that was talking about it?

nah, I made this thread because I can't find the original thread I found last night stating it. It may have been in the chat only, not on the video portion of the stream.

And I wasn't personally attacking him as I never said he actually had bad reading comprehension, I was just being somewhat pointed to put more emphasis on my specific question, instead of a general discussion of multiboxing.

theradol
06-05-2013, 11:18 AM
http://www.twitch.tv/hextcg/b/412717902

How about you check yourself if you have a problem with the answers?

in the op I stated I watched it and couldn't find it.

Also, I believe I read that it was typed in chat from the devs. Or the statements I read could be lying.

I was hoping for someone to be able to say for certain.