PDA

View Full Version : Cory streamed interview RIGHT NOW

Indormi
06-05-2013, 01:09 PM
http://www.twitch.tv/weekingeek

Streamers are asking for questions to ask in chat!!

Edit:...and is done, tons of new information I really recommend to check the VOD

caffn8d
06-05-2013, 01:28 PM
Thanks for the heads up. Fun listening to Cory geek out about the lore. :)

Vibraxus
06-05-2013, 01:31 PM
Heres a question(s)

http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=24761

caffn8d
06-05-2013, 01:41 PM
Interesting. Cory just said they are discussing internally how to go about letting you have Champions both aligned with Ardent and others aligned with Underworld on the same account. Mentioned perhaps having both an Ardent Keep and an Underworld Keep that both share the same card pool. Sounds like they definitely want to allow it somehow though.

Kroan
06-05-2013, 01:47 PM
Nice tidbit: To ensure different content of packs Hex will emulate printruns of TCG's

houjix
06-05-2013, 01:50 PM
Nice tidbit: To ensure different content of packs Hex will emulate printruns of TCG's

Kind of expected this. Packs aren't truly going to be randomly generated. It needs to follow a physical print run to a certain degree othewise collecting cards and playing draft could be nightmares.

Kroan
06-05-2013, 01:51 PM
Kind of expected this. Packs aren't truly going to be randomly generated. It needs to follow a physical print run to a certain degree othewise collecting cards and playing draft could be nightmares.
Of course, but there are cardgames out there that don't do that :)

madar
06-05-2013, 01:52 PM
may i ask some explanations on the above 3 comment please? thank you ^^

Showsni
06-05-2013, 01:53 PM
Some nice info coming out. Happy to hear about the emulated distribution in booster packs!

@madar: In real life TCGs, the cards are printed out in a certain order on big cardboard sheets, which are cut up and sent into hoppers and then distributed to booster packs. It means that rather then getting a completely random distribution of cards in each pack, you get a more sensible spread, which is especially important in draft. (In truly random cases, for instance, you could get a booster with all Wild cards in (terrible for Draft); printruns stop that from happening.)

Mr.Funsocks
06-05-2013, 01:54 PM
He wouldn't tell me what he wanted for his birthday :(

larryhl
06-05-2013, 01:55 PM
may i ask some explanations on the above 3 comment please? thank you ^^

Physical print runs mean that there is a hard number of how many cards are printed in a set. So saying that they're emulating that means that there will be a limited number of those rares and legendaries you can get based on how many have been "printed" for that set, instead of just randomly generating them when you open the pack.

Edit: Also what Kroan says below.

Kroan
In a physical TCG, like Magic, the content of a booster is not truly random, but has a certain pattern in it. This ensures that in a draft or sealed you have a certain degree of randomness but still not truly random. For example you will never open a pack only with artifact cards, which is possible in Magic. There is always a certain mix of colors and type of cards. To ensure that this also is true for Hex, you have to simulate printruns instead of just putting random cards in a pack.

Physical print runs mean that there is a hard number of how many cards are printed in a set. So saying that they're emulating that means that there will be a limited number of those rares and legendaries you can get based on how many have been "printed" for that set.
Eh, no that's actually not true. Every rare is printed as much as another rare. Cards are printed on sheets, and a hopper makes the packs with a certain pattern. It doesn't change the rarity of a card.

houjix
Of course, but there are cardgames out there that don't do that :)
And those games would be bad.

A set large number packs should net an almost known amount of a particular card. If it would be really random, statistical outliers could create havoc with the secondary market.

Talreth
06-05-2013, 01:56 PM
Can you guys post the most pertinent stuff here? Can't watch it or access chat from work apparently..

JoB3nder
06-05-2013, 01:56 PM
Interesting. Cory just said they are discussing internally how to go about letting you have Champions both aligned with Ardent and others aligned with Underworld on the same account. Mentioned perhaps having both an Ardent Keep and an Underworld Keep that both share the same card pool. Sounds like they definitely want to allow it somehow though.

This seems like the best way to go about allowing players to experience all of the content. Perhaps exclusive cards and equipment from reputation would be tied to the keep that has earned those items.

larryhl
06-05-2013, 01:57 PM
Eh, no that's actually not true. Every rare is printed as much as another rare. Cards are printed on sheets, and a hopper makes the packs with a certain pattern. It doesn't change the rarity of a card.

The number is actually still existent. I'm not saying they necessarily set it at say, 1000.

Indormi
06-05-2013, 01:58 PM
Cory is giving A LOT of new information

Kroan
06-05-2013, 02:00 PM
How I imagine Hex will do this is to let every booster when opening pull it's content from a random list of "booster content pool" in which they have like hundreds of different combinations of cards to ensure this.

Indormi
06-05-2013, 02:01 PM
He is just saying DC works in raid enviroments

Gorgol
06-05-2013, 02:03 PM
Lots of good stuff

ForgedSol
06-05-2013, 02:06 PM
What's the penalty for keep defense if you lose, besides the upfront prize that you put up? When one person beats your keep, is it reset? And if you make one that's too easy you can find yourself coming back from work and find out that all your gold has been drained from your account? Or when your keep is beaten, you have to build a new one or re-activate it?

caffn8d
06-05-2013, 02:08 PM
I didn't hear him say that DC works for raids. I think people are misinterpreting.

Llauorn
06-05-2013, 02:09 PM
This stream is really good

Lochar
06-05-2013, 02:09 PM
I didn't hear him say that DC works for raids. I think people are misinterpreting.

He said if you have a certain reward, you get two rolls. He likely misspoke.

senrath
06-05-2013, 02:10 PM
He said if you have a certain reward, you get two rolls. He likely misspoke.

We're trying to get him to clarify. He probably did misspeak, but I'd love it if my DC got stronger >.>

Indormi
06-05-2013, 02:11 PM
We're trying to get him to clarify. He probably did misspeak, but I'd love it if my DC got stronger >.>

He probably misspoke but maybe they decided to change it

Sergan
06-05-2013, 02:12 PM
Can you guys post the most pertinent stuff here? Can't watch it or access chat from work apparently..
+1
Im too

nearlysober
06-05-2013, 02:14 PM
What's the penalty for keep defense if you lose, besides the upfront prize that you put up? When one person beats your keep, is it reset? And if you make one that's too easy you can find yourself coming back from work and find out that all your gold has been drained from your account? Or when your keep is beaten, you have to build a new one or re-activate it?

From what I gathered, it goes something like this:
Let's say, I have 1,000g in my "bank" and all sorts of neat equipment and cards

I put 100g, 1 equipment and 1 legendary card in my Keep. Then I set the challenge cost at 10g (I think we get to set the challenge cost)

I now have 900g in the bank, and items in my Keep that I cannot cash out.
You challenge my Keep, you pay the 10g. A portion goes into the pot, and a portion goes to me per what Cory said yeterday. Let's just make up some ratio for the sake of this example: 6g goes into the pot, I get 4g to my bank.

If you win. You get 106g, the equipment and the card. I still have my 904g in the bank and all my other cards and my keep is empty. Next time I log on, I've got to fill it back up with something to tempt challengers.

If you lose, the next challenger goes for the 106g by paying his 10g fee, making the pot 112g and earning me another 4g to my bank.

If tons of people lose to your keep, the Keep pot continues to grow, you get a piece of all the action and you get notoriety for building awesome keep defenses. Not sure if you can adjust the entry fee as the prize becomes more epic...

Maybe we can even set the entry fee to include a rare card be put on the line... although not sure if it'd go into the Keep or our collection?

Cooks
06-05-2013, 02:15 PM
about now he talked about different dungeon game modes like they have build a deckbuilding gamemode or a werewolve type of game mode where you figure out who the werewolve might be etc pp. (hard to explain in text XD)

sounds like real fun

senrath
06-05-2013, 02:17 PM
He's clarified that as far as he knows, Dungeon Crawler works in raids.

Indormi
06-05-2013, 02:17 PM
yep

Gorgol
06-05-2013, 02:18 PM
This

Lochar
06-05-2013, 02:18 PM
Hah. He just confirmed Dungeon Crawler works on Raids.

--Edit
Jinx

ForgedSol
06-05-2013, 02:19 PM
Saying "as far as he knows" does give him wiggle room to correct himself.

larryhl
06-05-2013, 02:19 PM
Hah. He just confirmed Dungeon Crawler works on Raids.

--Edit
Jinx

Money!

Cooks
06-05-2013, 02:20 PM
nah i wouldn't say clarified. he thinks it works but doesn't know for sure from my understanding.
we should not make the mistake and say all the things he say is a clarification when he struggles with the answer ;)
just makes you sad and angry if he mistakes something. but if it works it's a huge boost to dc ;)

Sergan

sweet!

senrath
nah i wouldn't say clarified. he thinks it works but doesn't know for sure from my understanding.
we should not make the mistake and say all the things he say is a clarification when he struggles with the answer ;)
just makes you sad and angry if he mistakes something. but if it works it's a huge boost to dc ;)

I mean that he's clarified that (to his mind) he didn't misspeak. He did say that someone might have changed it without telling him.

Lochar

His devs are going to spank him if he's wrong on record. LOL

caffn8d
06-05-2013, 02:21 PM
Huh... right on. I imagine there will be some folks who are less than enthused to hear that, but I'm all for more stuff for folks! And yes, he has wiggle room on all that stuff.

Madican
06-05-2013, 02:21 PM
Huh, maybe I should have gone DC instead. Oh well.

Cooks
06-05-2013, 02:23 PM
I mean that he's clarified that as far as he knows, he didn't misspeak. He did say that someone might have changed it without telling him.

or.. he mistakes it :P can happen if ur asked trillions of questions on a livestream ^^ as long as it isn't written in the books i don't wanna commit to a livestream answer when he's not sure.

DjiN
06-05-2013, 02:25 PM
Guys, hes mixing things up here I'm sure. And he wasn't sure himself, that's why he said "... as far as I know...". They stated on the kickstarter that you wont get extra loot from Raid Bosses to make the Raid Leader tier more distinct and it makes sense, raid leader would be total trash if DC would get double raid loot.

DjiN
06-05-2013, 02:26 PM
And it says: "100% loot bonus from DUNGEON Bosses", dungeon bosses are not raid bosses!

Indormi
06-05-2013, 02:27 PM
He just teased that we may get animated cards with the new strech goal/ in the future

LexC
06-05-2013, 02:28 PM
They are running out of question!!!! QUICK help us the community ask some meaningful questions!!!

ForgedSol
06-05-2013, 02:29 PM
I agree that no one should get their hopes up. There is a reason they separated Dungeon Crawelers from Raid Leaders.

Madican
06-05-2013, 02:29 PM
Who is the writer.

DeusPhasmatis
06-05-2013, 02:30 PM
I agree that no one should get their hopes up. There is a reason they separated Dungeon Crawelers from Raid Leaders.

Dungeon Crawler should work in raids, and Raid Leader should work in dungeons!

PowderedToastMan
Trying to get them to answer but there not...... on the DC thing to clarify!

ForgedSol
Nice! The Playset Tournament for Pro Player and up will be arranged into maybe 200 player pods.

DjiN
06-05-2013, 02:33 PM
Nice! The Playset Tournament for Pro Player and up will be arranged into maybe 200 player pods.

Nice, now the average palyer has a 0,5% chance at least... rofl! xD

ForgedSol
06-05-2013, 02:39 PM
Nice, now the average palyer has a 0,5% chance at least... rofl! xD

I'll take it! 1 in 200, with a chance that a larger percent of the better players are in other pods and/or I'll be up against fewer hardcore PvP players. That's much better than 1 in 2000 where most of the best hardcore tcg players will rise to the top.

LexC
06-05-2013, 02:40 PM
Does anyone have any more questions? The interview is failing!!!

Madican
06-05-2013, 02:45 PM
Will the other Hex devs have their cards put into the game?

Rieper
06-05-2013, 02:52 PM
Nice to finally know what happens with treasure chest in draft! Toke me alot of spamming to get answer :P

Drops straight into inventory.

larryhl
06-05-2013, 02:53 PM
Ok, so turning off extended art/foils is confirmed.

Madican
06-05-2013, 02:54 PM
What do foils look like in Hex?

dogmod
06-05-2013, 02:59 PM
Hmmm no confirmation on what the tournament style will be for the Pro Player tier.... They seem very focused on draft thought and it would balance well with the fact that many people won't have been able to build up their "perfect" decks yet...

Indormi
and It's over. Tons of new information, really good watch

Kroan
Resetting a card is something they haven't decided yet. They think there can be said for both allowing or disallowing it.

Vibraxus
06-05-2013, 03:00 PM
Ok, so turning off extended art/foils is confirmed.

What happens if I foil a card, but turn off the art and auction it with the art turned off? Does the person who buys it get the foil and then the ability to turn on/off the art, or is the art just off and its a level 1 card again?

DjiN
06-05-2013, 03:01 PM
Hmmm no confirmation on what the tournament style will be for the Pro Player tier.... They seem very focused on draft thought and it would balance well with the fact that many people won't have been able to build up their "perfect" decks yet...

I guess draft or sealed is most likely yes.

dogmod
06-05-2013, 03:01 PM
What happens if I foil a card, but turn off the art and auction it with the art turned off? Does the person who buys it get the foil and then the ability to turn on/off the art, or is the art just off and its a level 1 card again?

I would imagine the turning it on/off is a deckbuilding decision that doesn't apply to sales but meh

Fireblast
06-05-2013, 03:02 PM
Great news :
They're studying Foreign language support timelines
Simulated print runs for boosters!!!

~

DjiN
06-05-2013, 03:02 PM

Cory said that cards are these individual, unique items, so I guess it stays on the card yes, and makes trading more interesting. You will always check for the back side of the card your buying =)

Vibraxus
06-05-2013, 03:03 PM
Cory said that cards are these individual, unique items, so I guess it stays on the card yes, and makes trading more interesting. You will always check for the back side of the card your buying =)

And selling, I dont want to have an oops moment and sell a foiled card instead of a copy number 6 I happen to have of its normal version.

Dratzl
06-05-2013, 03:03 PM
Also you will receive the treasure chest within the boosters while drafting

Rieper
06-05-2013, 03:16 PM
Also you will receive the treasure chest within the boosters while drafting

Thank you for also asking. Dunno how many times my question got skipped :(

Dratzl
06-05-2013, 03:21 PM
Thank you for also asking. Dunno how many times my question got skipped :(

Ye i also tried to ask it a couple of times ^.^ Carefully planning on when to hit enter

Lochar
06-05-2013, 03:26 PM
Yeah, they couldn't be arsed to scroll up. I asked mine about eight times trying to pin down how many different places factions would lock us out of other faction cards.

Rieper
06-05-2013, 03:28 PM
careful planning? You know how hard that is with how long answers cory had now and then? :P (Not that long answer here was a bad thing!)

Funny part is, this was answer with 3 sec. ><
But i learned spamming same thing 20 to 30, can help!

Zomnivore
06-05-2013, 03:28 PM
Was awesome, Corys a cool dude who knows it in and out and thats awesome to see at the top tier of decision making.

Fireblast
06-05-2013, 03:33 PM
As Cory said : HEX is his/CZE's baby!

~

Kilo24
06-05-2013, 03:38 PM
Heh. Had the same problem of the question getting skipped after asking it thrice.

Q: Is gameplay for cooperative or team-based games entirely sequential, or will players on a team be able to take their turn at the same time? And can you look at an ally's hand or deck composition?

But, oh well. It's not a big deal; honestly, Cory and the rest of the team are great with providing feedback to the fans, and this Kickstarter has been stellar.

Dratzl
06-05-2013, 04:07 PM
Well i am just rewatching the stream since i did miss the first hour - and he kinda answered it around 30min i think? at least partly

Interview (http://www.twitch.tv/weekingeek/b/413067790)

DjiN
06-05-2013, 04:59 PM
Heh. Had the same problem of the question getting skipped after asking it thrice.

Q: Is gameplay for cooperative or team-based games entirely sequential, or will players on a team be able to take their turn at the same time? And can you look at an ally's hand or deck composition?

But, oh well. It's not a big deal; honestly, Cory and the rest of the team are great with providing feedback to the fans, and this Kickstarter has been stellar.

This question can be answered already: it will have to be entirely sequential, because you will always want to be able to act in response to actions of your teammates. Thats the only drawback you have with this complex ruleset, but it offer endless possibilities for interaction, which is the key strength of magic and will be the key strength of HEX as well.

Kilo24
06-05-2013, 05:01 PM
Ah, thanks Dratzl. I had it on at that point, but I guess I was distracted by reading comments or the forum. It still wasn't in the depth that I hoped, though.

This question can be answered already: it will have to be entirely sequential, because you will always want to be able to act in response to actions of your teammates. Thats the only drawback you have with this complex ruleset, but it offer endless possibilities for interaction, which is the key strength of magic and will be the key strength of HEX as well.
I'm not sure that you quite got what I meant. What I had in mind was not that players would be independently going through their turns with one attacking at one time, another untapping, and the other doing the end of his turn, but rather that everyone on a team handled the start of their turn, then attacked with all their troops simultaneously, then handled all the end of turn effects, then it was the other team's turn. Having players take their turns in an unchanging sequence makes that sequence a very large influence on how the game plays out, and I wanted to see if that was to be prevented.

DjiN
06-05-2013, 05:25 PM
Sorry, did missunderstood you there then.
Yes your right, that's a big difference and I have no clue :D

Swampy
06-05-2013, 06:12 PM
May I get a direct link to the recording? I cant seem to find it.

TheDiv
06-05-2013, 06:16 PM
May I get a direct link to the recording? I cant seem to find it.

http://www.twitch.tv/weekingeek/b/413067790