PDA

View Full Version : Choose A Side!

tgm0112
06-05-2013, 06:36 PM
Someone suggested earlier that accounts might be restricted to either Ardent or Underworld characters, similar to WoW's scheme and propping up a common MMO practice. I don't know if that's the case and don't really care much for the rampant speculation. Please don't post the pros and cons of such a choice. I don't even want to know if they've made a definitive statement one way or the other (whatever will come, will come). That's not the point of this thread.

The point of this particular thread is simple. We're going to assume such a system will be put into place. Given that, I was wondering how you all might respond to the following question:

Which faction would you pick and why?

I would say I'm heavily leaning toward the Underworld Alliance right now. Even with the necrotic-vennen preview vacuum so far, I always like going the undead route of things. The orc/elf thing has been done to death and I never go human in any game with a choice. Finally, battle-crazed bunnies beat native american canines any day.

How about the rest of you fine future players?

Tyrfang
06-05-2013, 06:38 PM
Uhh...let's avoid misinformation.

Your account is not restricted to Argent/Underworld.

Also, WoW is actually no longer restricting players from making Horde and Alliance characters on the same server.

That said... the Argent. They seem to be a better mix of cultures than the Underworld.

Vorpal
06-05-2013, 06:41 PM
I'd have two accounts, one in each.

As would...everyone else.

Madican
06-05-2013, 06:43 PM
Underworld for Dwarves and Necrotic.

panzer
06-05-2013, 06:45 PM
Shin'hare are too awesome not to play first. An ardent Shin'hare race would be amazing.

Moltenronrick
06-05-2013, 06:47 PM
Underworld for Shin'hare and Dwarves, though necrotic could be fun.

One the other hand I love the idea of Humans partnered with Wolves, so I'm sure I will be playing some of them at some point too.

Tyrfang
06-05-2013, 06:48 PM
One the other hand I love the idea of Humans partnered with Wolves, so I'm sure I will be playing some of them at some point too.

Dibs on Keep Stark?
Secondary account: Keep of the North.

mmimzie
06-05-2013, 06:48 PM
Underworld for Shin'hare and Dwarves, though necrotic could be fun.

great now i hate the wolf people becuase they just seem like the human's lap dog now... v.v guess not i have to pick underworld for shin, Dwarfs, and necro

Dibs on Keep Stark?
Secondary account: Keep of the North.

I feel so bad for your family.... and yourself...

Tyrfang
06-05-2013, 06:50 PM
great now i hate the wolf people becuase they just seem like the human's lap dog now... v.v guess not i have to pick underworld for shin, Dwarfs, and necro

Uhh. No, they're literally bonded with some wolves, not the Coyotle...

Xenavire
06-05-2013, 06:52 PM

He means literal wolves, not the coyotle. Read the lore - it is very interesting.

Zomnivore
06-05-2013, 06:53 PM
dwarfs and vinnen too cool too stronk

Evilgm
06-05-2013, 06:58 PM
The Shin'hare will rise again, and crush the surface world underfoot!

mmimzie
06-05-2013, 07:08 PM
Uhh. No, they're literally bonded with some wolves, not the Coyotle...

I've read the lore but when molten said it it all clicked and when you read the last line of the coyotle decribtion page : "When the humans offered an alliance, the coyotle had no choice but to accept... " it just gives you that feel <.<... give it a few more years and they'll be back on all fours v.v

Tyrfang
06-05-2013, 07:10 PM
I've read the lore but when molten said it it all clicked and when you read the last line of the coyotle decribtion page : "When the humans offered an alliance, the coyotle had no choice but to accept... " it just gives you that feel <.<... give it a few more years and they'll be back on all fours v.v

It was more like, they were the reason the Elves, Humans, and Coyotle banded together to drive the Shinhare underground.

Indirectly, they caused the Shinhare to join the Underworld faction. They had to own up to their own actions.

gutock
06-05-2013, 07:12 PM
Underworld for life.

Talreth
06-05-2013, 07:30 PM
Coyotle. And dinosaurs.

tgm0112
06-05-2013, 07:35 PM
Underworld: 7
Ardent:2

Looks like the races of the surface may have to watch their step... :D

Kami
06-05-2013, 07:36 PM
Coyotle!

fitzle
06-05-2013, 07:43 PM
lore wise, I'm still waiting for more info! If I have to choose, Ardent for me right now.

Thallium45
06-05-2013, 07:46 PM
The Elves - pure power of the wild will rule and defend the Ardent lands from the foulspawn of the underworld.

Draugr
06-05-2013, 07:46 PM
I was sold on Underworld after reading about the Shin'hare.

Verdant
06-05-2013, 09:28 PM
Underworld for dwarves. "It is good to be bad".

lucedes
06-05-2013, 09:38 PM
Ardent for Coyotle and Elves. Underworld really only offers shin'hare for me.

Kietay
06-05-2013, 09:40 PM
Ardent for Humanity! God bless the queen of Canada!

MasterN64
06-05-2013, 09:49 PM
I've always enjoyed white/diamond so its probably going to be ardent for me. The shin hare seem cool but in the end my love of lifelink protection and the like is too much.

Moondancer
06-05-2013, 10:20 PM
Orcs especially because of the art we have seen much closer to the wow vision which i am into. I think its pretty interesting they are on the side of "good" this time its nice twist.

alpha5099
06-05-2013, 10:35 PM
Hard to choose (thankfully, there's absolutely no proof that accounts will be bound to just Ardent or Underground, that was a miscommunication over Cory talking about exclusive rep factions in-game). The races I'm most excited to play, in order, are Coyotle, Dwarf, and Human. If I were restricted to one side, it would be hard to pass up Dwarves, but I'd lean toward the Ardent.

KingBlackstone
06-05-2013, 11:20 PM
I'm glad the barbaric orcs aren't one of the "bad" races this time around.
I'd probably have to go with Ardent for the sheer diversity, unless Shin'Hare or Vennen have some quirks we haven't heard of yet.

Rieper
06-06-2013, 03:05 AM
Lets see, i always prefered green and wite in magic and looks like that will stay same in hex.
Humans seems amazing(Love wolfs!)
Elfs are Wild(so green)
Coyotle, looks awesome and other race that fits white.

So i am going ardent!

Blackpoint
06-06-2013, 03:27 AM
Underworld - Necrotic

YourOpponent
06-06-2013, 03:30 AM
I'm kind of leaning towards the Underworld. I like all of their cultures except the Dwarves...as for the culture on the Ardent side I like the Coyotl. Which doesn't mean I dislike the other races/cultures. I'm just usually on the rebelling side of things.

tgm0112
06-06-2013, 05:01 AM
Ardent: 12
Underworld: 11

Ooh, things are closer than I expected. Good stuff!

Since people are mentioning the magic associated with the different races, I admit that had a big part in my preferring necrotic as well. Blood/Sapphire/Diamond is a very tempting mix for me, using intellect and foresight over brute force. Then the Shin'Hare Blood/Wild theme of boosting their numbers for sacrifice came out and I was sold. Of the Ardent races, Coyotle have my preferred color flavor.

In case anyone is unfamiliar, here is the gem breakdown by race:

Humans: Diamond, Ruby, Sapphire
Orcs: Blood, Ruby
Elves: Wild
Coyotle: Wild, Diamond, Sapphire
--------------------------------------------------
Necrotic: Blood, Diamond, Sapphire
Dwarves: Ruby, Sapphire
Vennen: Blood
Shin'Hare: Blood, Wild

Fateanomaly
06-06-2013, 05:19 AM
I will choose underworld for shin'hare. But frankly speaking i think shin'hare tribe will be weaker/harder to play than a dwarf or orc deck.

My preference of race
shin'hare > human> dwarf>elves>orc>necrotic>coyotle>vennen

ShaolinRaven
06-06-2013, 08:03 AM
Actually I'm kind of torn right now. When I first looked at the lore/races I loved the Shin'hare concept, but then I saw Inspire in action and I've been thinking of making a Human based Inspire deck.