PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone think it's odd...

BenRGamer
06-05-2013, 07:14 PM
...that there isn't going to be any evil humans?

In the stream earlier today, Cory was talking about humans and how they were supposed to be this storybook everyone is a good-guy race.

While that's all well and good, I find it odd that there's not a couple of bad apples in humans--for the exception that proves the rule if nothing else.

Evilgm
06-05-2013, 07:18 PM
I assume it's more "the early story won't involve evil humans" rather than there being none at all. This would allow them to feature them later on, along with heroic Shin'hare or friendly Woolvir.

Avaian
06-05-2013, 07:19 PM
Humans are to blame for the formation of the Underworld faction...

Talreth
06-05-2013, 07:21 PM
Humans are to blame for the formation of the Underworld faction...

But who can blame them for their righteous indignation

Mr.Funsocks
06-05-2013, 07:23 PM
I assume eventually everything will leak out into both sides ;) And a third or fourth faction.

Kami
06-05-2013, 07:25 PM
It could be a story spoiler if they reveal that. But considering human nature, it'd be absurd to assume there aren't some 'misguided' or 'evil' humans in Entrath.

Tyrfang
06-05-2013, 07:25 PM
I predict about 2-3 years in, a tear in between the current world and the Void opens up, and both sides begrudgingly have a cease-fire as they fight back the void monsters that have appeared throughout the world.

Kingjones
06-05-2013, 07:27 PM
can i have a link to this stream? pls

Parallax
06-05-2013, 07:28 PM
They're too busy expressing the variety of races in Hex right now to worry about displaying every permutation in each race. I'm sure we'll see less knights and more morally dubious humans later on.

Yasi
06-05-2013, 07:29 PM
can i have a link to this stream? pls

http://www.twitch.tv/weekingeek/b/413067790

Avaian
06-05-2013, 07:29 PM
I assume eventually everything will leak out into both sides ;) And a third or fourth faction.

Sir Silas Bexley, is an example that it isn't the shin'hare who are cruel but the society they live in.

I predict about 2-3 years in, a tear in between the current world and the Void opens up, and both sides begrudgingly have a cease-fire as they fight back the void monsters that have appeared throughout the world.

I think the Hex will do something before the Void becomes a major problem.

Kingjones
06-05-2013, 07:32 PM
thanks man

panzer
06-05-2013, 07:33 PM
...that there isn't going to be any evil humans?

Do necrotics count, they were once human turned EVIL by hex shards.

Avaian
06-05-2013, 07:34 PM

Turned 'evil' by 2000 years of the humans attacking them.

Kami
06-05-2013, 07:34 PM

Technically, they are corpses that became inhabited by evil 'spirits' due to the power of Hex Shards.

Buried in the majestic crypts of the kingdoms of men, the corpses of long-dead human nobles were woken by the Hexing Gems and are infested with an alien consciousness with an unknown and dangerous purpose.

Tyrfang
06-05-2013, 07:37 PM
How can their purpose be simultaneously unknown and dangerous?

Avaian
06-05-2013, 07:37 PM

Human Propaganda.

Kami
06-05-2013, 07:38 PM

I'd assume their purpose is unknown but what they've done so far is 'dangerous'; hence the assumption that their purpose is also dangerous.

Avaian
06-05-2013, 07:44 PM
I'd assume their purpose is unknown but what they've done so far is 'dangerous'; hence the assumption that their purpose is also dangerous.

Nothing is known about the Hex, except the Coyotle may know a few things. The Necrotic did nothing for 2000 years then Convinced the other four major underworld races to join together to attack the Humans. The Vexxen taught the Necrotic Blood magic as part of the alliance. So in the 200 years since the War began and the stalemate, the Necrotic did some serious beat down.

Its all human propaganda making the Necrotic Evil.

Thallium45
06-05-2013, 08:05 PM
I think its safe to assume that there should be some kind of corrupted at some point. Elves may be pure consistently but having two races like that is a little far fetched. Then again there must surely be some raced of the underworld who would also choose the path of the good and true.

BenRGamer
06-05-2013, 08:05 PM
It's dangerous because Cory up and said the underworld factions were evil--no if's and's or but's about it. Underworld is evil and Argent is good, it's a black and white world as of now.

KingBlackstone
06-05-2013, 11:34 PM
The three human kingdoms are all currently part of the Ardent coalition. That doesn't mean that there aren't bad humans within or outside the kingdoms. Also, imagine one of the King's brothers flip out down the road and we get a rogue faction that poses a threat to both sides? That could be cool!

NastyNate
06-05-2013, 11:46 PM
They're too busy expressing the variety of races in Hex right now to worry about displaying every permutation in each race. I'm sure we'll see less knights and more morally dubious humans later on.

Couldn't agree with you any more.