PDA

View Full Version : Offline or Download Collection

FrySea2011
06-05-2013, 07:40 PM
OVer the next few years I can expect to be without internet access for a few months out of the year. Since everything is stored on an internet sever it is clear that I will not have access to the game for these months. However, I was wondering if there would be some kind of offline mode.

Maybe an option to download my collection and decks to my computer so I can constantly fiddle with them would be more than enough.

What do people think of this idea? Is it practical?

Kami
06-05-2013, 07:42 PM
I could see a collection/offline manager (probably not at release) but I doubt they'd allow gameplay offline as it would be subject to local exploits (i.e. cheating).

Kiworrior
06-05-2013, 07:44 PM
Even if Cryptozoic themselves do not offer an offline deck editor, I am sure one will be available from other people.

Thallium45
06-05-2013, 07:55 PM
It should be viable if not by them but a third party. The security may not allow it however because a third party program would need access to your account details in order to pull your collection from the servers and crypto may not allow it. We will have to see what develops.

Mushroom_C1oud
06-05-2013, 08:15 PM
If it weren't for the fact that the AI is going to be server side I think offline would have been great for a no rewards PvE match just for fun or to test some deck theories.

Sci3nce
06-05-2013, 08:17 PM
Cory said in the interview today that there will be no Offline mode in order to preserve the integrity of the game.

Showsni
06-05-2013, 08:34 PM
You could at the very least write down each card you own onto some blank business cards and make offline decks with them that way. :)

Tyrfang
06-05-2013, 09:17 PM
I don't think it's necessary, or easily workable.

The only thing I could see them doing is an offline deck editor mode.

Willzyx
06-05-2013, 10:07 PM
The only thing I could see them doing is an offline deck editor mode.

I really hope the tablet client stores your decklists locally for this. Being able to mess around with my cards when I otherwise don't have the internet to play would be awesome. My computer, however, is always connected so that's not as much a concern for me. Plus, third party tools will exist for this.

Tamak
06-05-2013, 10:32 PM
I don't see why they couldn't do a Duels of the Planeswalkers-esque stand alone game that's just for fun(no currency or anything). They already have the game made, it wouldn't be incredibly difficult to just make a smaller offline version.

larryhl
06-06-2013, 12:32 AM
Cory also said that at most all that could be offline was a deck management console or something.

FranzVonG
06-06-2013, 01:30 AM
As discussed in a previous thread, deck management would be more than enough