PDA

View Full Version : Race for World First?

Mokog
06-05-2013, 07:51 PM
We will be facing a fresh PVE environment. How many out there are planning to quickly band together and challenge the raid content? Backers are going to have a leg up when it comes to the raids with larger card pools but I am curious just how challenging the raids will be. Can Mr. BriefCase o'Cards beat them easily or will it take time and effort to beat back the raiding tiers? Will we have a race of minds or a race based on wallet size?

TornOrder
06-05-2013, 07:52 PM
I'm going to assume that with the larger tiers of cards, exclusive cards and legendary items, people will be able to get through that content fairly easily.

dodecapod
06-05-2013, 07:54 PM
I wonder if people will be throwing a "that isn't a legitimate clear with your RL buff, get lost!".

lol

ForgedSol
06-05-2013, 07:55 PM
I'm so sure. Cory keeps on saying how we're all seriously underestimating the challenge of the PvE content and how good the AI is. It's not like we're starting on even ground with the computer, it's going to have access to special cards and powers that we won't have.

TheDiv
06-05-2013, 07:57 PM
I'm so sure. Cory keeps on saying how we're all seriously underestimating the challenge of the PvE content and how good the AI is. It's not like we're starting on even ground with the computer, it's going to have access to special cards and powers that we won't have.

Exactly this. I do think we're underestimating it and it's going to a pleasant surprise once we get into it. I am keen to delve straight into the dungeons and grind away :D

Evilgm
06-05-2013, 08:00 PM
Will we have a race of minds or a race based on wallet size?
I imagine people aiming for World Firsts will require both, at least for the initial stuff. Since it will involve having sufficient cards to build a "proper" deck, those who have gotten hundreds of cards from the Kickstarter will have those tools, but it will also require the skill to build and play a suitable deck even if you own four of every card in the game.

As more dungeons and raids are created down the line, the gap between those who got the Kickstarter and those who didn't will narrow, as I suspect PvE cards will be of more use in Raids than PvP ones (in general). That means that people who have been playing the game for long enough should have more than enough tools to build the required decks, assuming the requisite skill.

Personally I'm a relatively competitive TCG player and MMO Raider, who backed RL in the Kickstarter, and have a number of friends with similar backgrounds who have also backed at 250+. I doubt we'll be pushing hard for World Firsts, but I don't think we'll be far behind.

TheWrathofShane
06-05-2013, 08:06 PM

This, people are underestimating the PvE.
We got guys from WoW on the team, they know how to make epic and difficult dungeons and raids.

Madican
06-05-2013, 09:30 PM
We'll be able to steamroll the PvE content with our powerful cards as easily as people can steamroll current PvE content in WoW with their powerful gear.

That is to say not at all. Prepare to get rolled.

Tyrfang
06-05-2013, 09:33 PM
WORLD FIRST!

Tri-RL Buff and GL with a deck of only Promo cards/legendary equipment.

:rolleyes:

TheDiv
06-05-2013, 09:45 PM
WORLD FIRST!

+ Highlander in Hard mode? :D

Stok3d
06-05-2013, 09:51 PM
If there is a World First Chieve, I'm scheduling vacation from work.

Maybe even give a title too. I can see it now, "Stok3d get Kraken"

jaxsonbateman
06-05-2013, 10:01 PM
If anyone wants to go for world first raids, hit me up. I'll bring one of the three RL buffs. ;-)

hoodieblanket
06-05-2013, 10:01 PM
WORLD FIRST!

a week later there will be a world first without KS passive buffs and that one will be more prestigious. Same as with the world first hard mode with KS passives and then hard mode without will be even more sought after.

jaxsonbateman
06-05-2013, 10:08 PM
Well it's not like KS players can turn off their buffs or anything (though if we can, coolio). First is first, even if it is done on the back of awesome exclusive buffs and cards. ;-)

You ask a world first Sunwell Plateau player if they were concerned that their glaives-rogues were a big help, and they're not going to bat an eyelid.

Stok3d
06-05-2013, 10:13 PM
Well it's not like KS players can turn off their buffs or anything (though if we can, coolio). First is first, even if it is done on the back of awesome exclusive buffs and cards. ;-)

You ask a world first Sunwell Plateau player if they were concerned that their glaives-rogues were a big help, and they're not going to bat an eyelid.

Competitive PVE is always about finding an edge. Anyone considering Raiding a lot and not getting the RL perk... is cutting themselves short. In WoW, I wouldn't have started the fight without Getting Raid Buffs...

Moondancer
06-05-2013, 10:15 PM
Does it count if its in beta though?

TheDiv
06-05-2013, 10:22 PM
Does it count if its in beta though?

As far as I know beta will be PvP and not include the major PvE components of the game. Someone can correct me if they've read otherwise!

ForgedSol
06-05-2013, 10:25 PM
In the stream today Cory said there would be limited PvE content at the beginning of the beta, and then in the second stage of the beta the whole PvE side will be opened up.

jaxsonbateman
06-05-2013, 10:30 PM
I personally would say no, as the game is unreleased at that point and could potentially be drastically changed before release. However, it'll be a community decision as I'm pretty sure we'll be the ones keeping track of it.

Scale
06-05-2013, 10:47 PM
Why limit, have one for in the beta and then reset/ a new one for after?

Given that all you're getting is the loot you'd get anyway and the bragging rights (unless Crypto decide to award something extra, which is cool too and could be interesting)

jaxsonbateman
06-05-2013, 10:53 PM
Well we could have beta ones too, for sure, but if we were to say what the 'official' world first was, I'd say it'd be for after release. But that's just my opinion, and again it's a community thing.