PDA

View Full Version : Just a Clarification

Selfar
06-05-2013, 08:27 PM
Fist I'll say hi. I haven't been on the forums in awhile. Anyway...

Um...I wanted to ask a little clarification on rewards from in game. Now I know this will be free to play, will it be only "true free to play" via PVE? Or can you win PVP cards as well?

From what I've gathered the only way to win PVP cards is from drafts. Which is fine with me, it is a TCG. I was mainly just curious.

Showsni
06-05-2013, 08:32 PM
The PvE side is free, but any loot you get from it you could trade for PvP stuff if you wanted (with other people or via the auction house). So By playing the PvE enough it should be possible to build up a PvP deck for free too.

Evilgm
06-05-2013, 08:33 PM
This is educated speculation, based on comments from CZE.

It looks like that the main way to get PvP cards is for cash, but there are other ways. Firstly, some PvE content may award boosters. Secondly, PvE awards gold, which can be used to purchase things on the AH, and people can likely put up boosters and PvP cards on the AH. Finally, trading is another option, though it's probably going to be quite situational and community dependant.

Brumby66
06-05-2013, 08:33 PM
It is mostly free to play on the pve side. With that said, you have the opportunity to use the auction house to advance yourself on the pvp side. You can AH your pve stuff and gain pvp cards and currency. It will be a lot more difficult to do pvp as f2p, but it is a possibility.

MatWith1T
06-05-2013, 08:37 PM
You obtain PvP cards from boosters, which must be purchased, and can in turn be used in drafts if so desired.

PvE content is free, but only rewards PvE cards.

PvP cards can be used in PvE, but not vice versa. So PvP players will have more cards to use in PvE decks, but will not necessarily be better cards/decks. From what we have seen thus far, PvE cards can be significantly more powerful than PvP cards, especially with gear.

Selfar
06-05-2013, 08:48 PM
You obtain PvP cards from boosters, which must be purchased, and can in turn be used in drafts if so desired.

PvE content is free, but only rewards PvE cards.

PvP cards can be used in PvE, but not vice versa. So PvP players will have more cards to use in PvE decks, but will not necessarily be better cards/decks. From what we have seen thus far, PvE cards can be significantly more powerful than PvP cards, especially with gear.

Yeah, that's pretty much what I was thinking and what I gathered from everything that I read.

Thank you all!

My only concern is the auction house being real money trade. Meaning gold will be next to worthless, unless they do NOT offer buying/selling gold. I know what happened to the D3 auction house so...it's just a scary thought.

Evilgm
06-05-2013, 09:00 PM
Real money buys Platinum. We don't know if Platinum can be used to buy Gold, but it if it can that can actually be of benefit to PvE players- if the main source of Gold is PvE, then you could do a few runs, sell the Gold for Platinum on the AH and then use that Plat to pay entry into a Draft or other event. It would result in a similar economy to EVE's, where people who don't have time to play and people who do are each benefiting each other in a symbiotic way, by satisfying a supply and demand market.

JoB3nder
06-05-2013, 09:03 PM
I imagine PvP commons will be quite easy to acquire by trading decent PvE cards, equipment, etc. Most PvP players will have tons of commons from drafting. Good PvP cards on the other hand...

Selfar
06-05-2013, 09:04 PM
Real money buys Platinum. We don't know if Platinum can be used to buy Gold, but it if it can that can actually be of benefit to PvE players- if the main source of Gold is PvE, then you could do a few runs, sell the Gold for Platinum on the AH and then use that Plat to pay entry into a Draft or other event. It would result in a similar economy to EVE's, where people who don't have time to play and people who do are each benefiting each other in a symbiotic way, by satisfying a supply and demand market.

This is true. As long as it's not an actual real money system. A point system like this would work better and be a heck of a lot less toxic. Thanks for the info!