PDA

View Full Version : Clone zone!

funktion
06-05-2013, 08:34 PM
It's Chris Woods' favorite card! (or at least I think that's who we were talking to at the time in the stream chat)

/discuss

Being someone who hates pointless threads, lets turn this to something interesting...

I've been more and more excited since they spoiled eye of creation. I love all these combo'y cards, sucks that clone zone is pve only. A few weeks back I started that "turning cards sideways" thread which went for a bit...

To be honest, now I'm a little more concerned about the opposite. EVERY card so far except for maybe 1-2 zombie cards has quite a bit of text on it. There's hardly any "vanilla" creatures, which I don't mind at all, but do you guys think the lack of vanilla creatures is going to make it a harsher learning curve for new people?

Disclaimer: there's a ton left to be spoiled.

Edit: What's your favorite card!?!?

dogmod
06-05-2013, 08:37 PM
It's Chris Woods' favorite card! (or at least I think that's who we were talking to at the time in the stream chat)

/discuss

Being someone who hates pointless threads, lets turn this to something interesting...

I've been more and more excited since they spoiled eye of creation. I love all these combo'y cards, sucks that clone zone is pve only. A few weeks back I started that "turning cards sideways" thread which went for a bit...

To be honest, now I'm a little more concerned about the opposite. EVERY card so far except for maybe 1-2 zombie cards has quite a bit of text on it. There's hardly any "vanilla" creatures, which I don't mind at all, but do you guys think the lack of vanilla creatures is going to make it a harsher learning curve for new people?

Disclaimer: there's a ton left to be spoiled.

Edit: What's your favorite card!?!?

People would likely complain if they spoiled vanilla creatures

Evilgm
06-05-2013, 08:37 PM
It's likely the vanilla stuff exists, but just hasn't been spoiled. They're useful for both new players and draft, but not really exciting if you're only going to see two cards of 350+ a day.

ecaflip
06-05-2013, 08:41 PM
Most vanilla stuff has ended up being tokens or create x creature
I'm sure vanillas will exist, but they will probably see little play because cards that can spawn vanillas will most likely be more efficient.

TheDiv
06-05-2013, 09:16 PM
I wonder how this would work with Unique troops. Would it be pointless and just make us discard all of them except one or would it actually turn them into all of that unique troop?

funktion
06-05-2013, 09:33 PM
I wonder how this would work with Unique troops. Would it be pointless and just make us discard all of them except one or would it actually turn them into all of that unique troop?

LOL I hadn't even thought of that... and THEN I noticed something else about it... ALL TROOPS, yeah all troops yours and mine change whenever EITHER of us puts a troop into play. I want to play a format where this is always in play!

TheDiv
06-05-2013, 09:45 PM
LOL I hadn't even thought of that... and THEN I noticed something else about it... ALL TROOPS, yeah all troops yours and mine change whenever EITHER of us puts a troop into play. I want to play a format where this is always in play!

You could use it pretty defensively too! If you focused on mainly using spells, get this in play, drop a 0/1 shin'hare bunny rabbit and completely mess up your opponents strategy :P

SealFate
06-05-2013, 10:48 PM
Seems to be a few Vanilla cards previewed.
Shin'hare Malitia
Zodiac Shaman
Death Dealer

jaxsonbateman
06-05-2013, 10:59 PM
This card has potential, but will be difficult to utilize very effectively given that your opponent gets loving too. Having said that, will go great alongside Runts of the Litter and Concubunny (basically, play Concubunny, all your troops would turn into it, then when someone goes to finally play another troop and thus transform everything again, activate as many Concubunnies as you can in response to each other to get a few more Battle Hoppers). Wretched Brood would also be nice alongside this.

Fireblast
06-05-2013, 11:12 PM
how would you use concubunnies as they transform?

~

ecaflip
06-05-2013, 11:16 PM

~
1.) Play runts of the litter, 3 battle hoppers and all previous cards you control turn into hoppers
2.) Concubunny enters field and everything becomes a concubunny
2.5) Use concubnny's exhaust skill
3.) Chain concubunny's skill to eachother, resulting in using all avalible concubunny skills before the first resolves
4.) LOADS OF BATTLEHOPPERS

jaxsonbateman
06-05-2013, 11:18 PM

~
Cards and abilities use a 'stack' system (at least they seem to from the demos we've seen). You can hold off making any Battle Hoppers until either your or your opponent goes to play a new troop. Then, in response, you activate a Concubunny, then in response to that you activate another, and another. They'll all end up resolving, and you'll get a few Battle Hoppers that will transform all the troops on the battlefield. The original troop will then enter the battlefield and transform everything again. Essentially, you'll get Battle Hoppers = half the number of troops you have on the battlefield, given that you need to exhaust a Concubunny and another to make a Hopper.

Edit: actually, you could use the Hoppers you create as fuel. What you'd have to do is activate one Concubunny in response to the new troop being cast. Once its Hopper enters the battlefield, in response to the Clone Zone trigger, you activate another Concubunny, using the newly-entered Hopper as fuel for it. Lather, rinse, repeat. As Ecaflip said, LOADS OF BUNNIES... that end up becoming something better than a 0/1. :-P

TheDiv
06-05-2013, 11:32 PM
Wouldn't the card trigger turn the Concubunny into a Hopper?

EDIT: Ignore this. I re-read the above and now I understand.