PDA

View Full Version : My BIGGEST wish for final stretch goal!

funktion
06-05-2013, 08:46 PM
I know they've already decided what it's going to be... but if I could pick what the last stretch goal was going to be, I'd pick:

-Player rewards program. Earn monthly promo cards for playing the game. There would be a reward for pve play and pvp play. I absolutely love promos, no joke I quit playing paper MTG when they discontinued the player rewards program (wasn't the only reason, but it was the nail in the coffin for me). I'm very competitive but I'm such a sucker for promo cards.

I'd do something like 1-3 promo cards for pvp and 1-3 for pve (participation). I'd prefer per month, but it could be every three months. If it was multiple cards, you would earn easily, one for playing regularly through the month, and one for beast mode'ing multiple raids or winning tons of tournaments etc.

I know it somewhat infringes with the collector tier, but player rewards programs are so much fun to me!

Edit: what would you make the last stretch goal?

Turtlewing
06-05-2013, 08:53 PM
Not a bad idea. And as long as the promos are different from the collector AA cards it doesn't really infringe on the collector tier in my opinion.

Avedecus
06-05-2013, 08:54 PM
One set 1 booster pack.

/troll

TheDiv
06-05-2013, 09:00 PM
If they were going to add more game features, I have plenty I'd like to see, but when it comes to non-feature ideas... I have no idea.

All I hope is that the next stretch goal is:
1. Achievable,
2. Exciting,
3. Surprising,
4. and Rewarding.

Ozmono
06-05-2013, 09:20 PM
Personally, at this point all I am really hoping they'll do with the extra money is either make more content or speed things up. That's not to say I'd be against something different ie a new feature or something but I'm not hoping for anything specific.

QuantumZeruul
06-05-2013, 09:46 PM
You reach a plateau at some point of dimishing returns though, and eventually you get to the point where just throwing more money at something can end up being detremental in the long run. Maybe if they had -extra- money at the end of development, they could use it for more stuff, but in the meanwhile the Player Reward program is not a bad idea.

I love promos too, and coming from somebody who has pledged GK + Collector, I can say I would not mind even more. I don't care if they are completely useless, just make them interesting and cool in some way and I'm sold :)

Willzyx
06-05-2013, 09:51 PM
Personally, at this point all I am really hoping they'll do with the extra money is either make more content or speed things up.

I forget where (probably one of the KS updates) but they've said that the final stretch goals will have nothing to do with new in-game content because they're worried adding anything more will delay the game.

I kinda expect the last stretch to be on the smaller side so people aren't too upset when we fail to hit it.

Madican
06-05-2013, 09:56 PM
I just want to know the writer for the novel already.

funktion
06-05-2013, 10:01 PM
I love promos too, and coming from somebody who has pledged GK + Collector, I can say I would not mind even more. I don't care if they are completely useless, just make them interesting and cool in some way and I'm sold :)

I'm such a sucker for stuff like that, and even though I already have the "value" pledge... I can see myself paying 10-20 bucks a pop for the collector promos and wishing I'd have gone for a GK instead while I still could.

Boozecluez
06-05-2013, 10:08 PM
I just want to see some Bear wrestling ...

TheDiv
06-05-2013, 10:17 PM

+1

Tamak
06-05-2013, 10:49 PM
Promo's are nice, that's why I got Collector, but I'd rather have some sort of way to customize your playing space. The one thing I love more than promos are cool mats. I'm not saying they should have just anyone upload a Jpeg and go nuts, that would be tacky.

But it would be cool if there were a few preset landscapes, change the color, or ability to change some of other the superficial stuff. If I really wanted to dream, it would be awesome if they had special themed scenes(Like a crypt setting, or a forest, maybe a grand hall) that you could earn in both PvP or PvE.

ShadowIronblood
06-05-2013, 11:16 PM
im a yes to the player reward system, from playing PvP to Pve to Buying cards you could earn reward points for either promos or discounts. whatever the final goal is im sure we'll smash it!

Instead of a 2 Million sleeve how about a mat? that'll be crazy with some nice bells and whistle

NastyNate
06-05-2013, 11:26 PM
I know they've already decided what it's going to be... but if I could pick what the last stretch goal was going to be, I'd pick:

-Player rewards program. Earn monthly promo cards for playing the game. There would be a reward for pve play and pvp play. I absolutely love promos, no joke I quit playing paper MTG when they discontinued the player rewards program (wasn't the only reason, but it was the nail in the coffin for me). I'm very competitive but I'm such a sucker for promo cards.

I'd do something like 1-3 promo cards for pvp and 1-3 for pve (participation). I'd prefer per month, but it could be every three months. If it was multiple cards, you would earn easily, one for playing regularly through the month, and one for beast mode'ing multiple raids or winning tons of tournaments etc.

I know it somewhat infringes with the collector tier, but player rewards programs are so much fun to me!

Edit: what would you make the last stretch goal?

Great ideas, funktion! The long-term success of HEX will partially depend on these kinds of rewards. Especially for players who have been around since the beginning (a few years out from now).

benczi
06-05-2013, 11:27 PM

Go watch a Game of Thrones ;)

KeplerVerge
06-06-2013, 12:20 AM
Considering they can't promise more release content, they already have tablets covered, alpha access and now have a book writer too.. I really don't know what else they could add!