PDA

View Full Version : Want a grand King, willing to pay premium...

Jedion
06-05-2013, 09:46 PM
I think now that its clear the game will be reasonably successful, the "value" of grand king has gone up significantly.

I don't even know if its possible to transfer ownership of a kickstarter buy in, but if crypto or anyone else were willing to sell me a Grand King, I would be willing to pay $750 for it.

TheDiv
06-05-2013, 09:48 PM
I'd be more concerned with the legalities of that :/

funktion
06-05-2013, 09:49 PM
Just me saying this here, but based on the anti-exploit stance etc... this might be fairly frowned upon.

That being said, I'm sure there are tons of profiteers who are only looking to make a buck that will sell you their pledge account.

Gerogero
06-05-2013, 09:50 PM
This seems a bit.... unethical? I don't even understand how you can sell something you don't own. This is just asking for trouble honestly.

Jedion
06-05-2013, 09:50 PM
Just me saying this here, but based on the anti-exploit stance etc... this might be fairly frowned upon.

That being said, I'm sure there are tons of profiteers who are only looking to make a buck that will sell you their pledge account.

Am I crazy to think there is nothing wrong with what I am offering?

Is there some sort of TOS that I am missing? I figure since this is a trading card game, reselling would be allowed.

jaxsonbateman
06-05-2013, 09:53 PM
Am I crazy to think there is nothing wrong with what I am offering?

Is there some sort of TOS that I am missing? I figure since this is a trading card game, reselling would be allowed.
There's a difference between trading and selling the cards, and someone making a profit off of a KS that they pretty much had nothing to do with, except buying and reselling (if Crypto wanted you to have a GK KS they could sell you one for $750).

Having said that, I'd imagine you'd be able to buy one and stay below the radar. I know one was posted on Craigslist late last week.

Madican
06-05-2013, 09:55 PM
No, nothing wrong. Someone has something you want, you want to pay them for it, there's no issue here.

Some people might say that they don't technically own the product yet, it's just a pledge, but that pledge is also valuable so I don't see a problem.

Jedion
06-05-2013, 09:56 PM
I mean, if i explicitly said I am buying a collectors tier to resell the exclusive cards later, would that also be "shady"?

Without a clearly defined TOS, I have no idea if this is a perceived or legitimate issue. Im certainly not looking to piss anyone off, but I am willing to pay the costs for jumping on the bandwagon too late.

Gerogero
06-05-2013, 10:02 PM
The only thing I see wrong with it is the fact that the other person technically hasn't bought anything and doesn't own the slot. They pledged to pay an amount at a given date.

dodecapod
06-05-2013, 10:05 PM
There's nothing wrong with you offering to buy someone else's account at a premium. However, why make an offer on something that have no real ownership yet? At this point, you are only putting yourself in a very bad spot.

Also, while there is nothing innately wrong with offering a premium for it, I think posting in the official forums is a bad idea. I personally hate scalping. Selling "limited" items for profit is against the intended design of "limited" products.

CylnFerrt
06-05-2013, 10:11 PM
Just curious, ER Jedion?

Jedion
06-05-2013, 10:17 PM
That's me

ForgedSol
06-05-2013, 10:22 PM
I don't think there's anything wrong with it. It's going to require a lot of trust though.

CylnFerrt
06-05-2013, 10:29 PM
The best kind of dwarf. :3

Mercudin
06-05-2013, 10:40 PM
It feels like this message is directed at CZE and I'm on board with it. I found out about this project late, love it, and am currently hammering the KS page with a script to try to snag a Grand King. I'd gladly pay a 25%-50% late fee to get one. If they can do early bird King for $90, maybe they can add some Last Call Grand King for $750.

Madican
06-05-2013, 10:42 PM
One of their recent updates already said there would be no additional tiers. Especially not on the final day.

ForgedSol
06-05-2013, 10:42 PM
They could, but the stated that they will not.

Mercudin
06-05-2013, 10:55 PM
And I can understand why they wouldn't. I probably won't turn to the black market but I'll be bummed if I can't snap up a GK or Dragon. And kickstarter may realize they need a queue for sold out tiers.

Refugee
06-05-2013, 11:03 PM
I may be completely wrong about this but... often times these perks are distributed via codes. You'd just have to buy a code from someone and link it to your account if that's the case.

The only difficulty of course is you don't know if the code you receive is valid or not until it's too late.

KeplerVerge
06-05-2013, 11:50 PM
There isn't much difference in buying a sold out ks tier on the secondary market than there is in buying stock options; you're buying exclusive rights.

grey0one
06-05-2013, 11:54 PM
It's completely within their right to freeze the account of anything that they precede being stolen from the original owner. The process to prove that you are that owner is a little insane for most MMOs, and if you can't, it's frozen forever.

God, I want to write why it's an easy way to get yourself scammed, but that'll just feed the insanity.

Jedion
06-07-2013, 07:41 PM
The original seller I had lined up is no longer interested.

Would love to make a deal at $750 with someone I know/can trust.

funktion
06-07-2013, 07:44 PM
Would love to make a deal at $750 with someone I know/can trust.

Then why are you posting on an internet forum? Might want to start asking your friends and family if they have a grand king, maybe grandma has one. You can probably trust her, unless she's incarcerated.

Jedion
06-07-2013, 07:46 PM
Then why are you posting on an internet forum? Might want to start asking your friends and family if they have a grand king, maybe grandma has one. You can probably trust her, unless she's incarcerated.

There are hundreds of people on these forums that I can trust because I have played other MMOs and card games with them. THey aren't all on my facebook. You can see a perfect example of this on the top of page 2 :P