PDA

View Full Version : Quick question about dungeons & raids

DreamPuppet
06-06-2013, 01:28 AM
Are dungeons and raids something that a player can do on their own or do you have to find other people to go with?

I assume that you need multiple people for raids, but how about dungeons?

It would be nice if (lets say) encounters would scale depending on the number of players that enter together, making them doable by a soloing player, maybe at the expense of loot drops and/or drop rates.

Thanks for any answers!

TheDiv
06-06-2013, 01:29 AM
Dungeons you can only do by yourself.

Raids can be attempted with 1, 2 or 3 people but I doubt you'd be able to solo them easily :P

Ozmono
06-06-2013, 01:30 AM
Dungeons can be done on your own and so can raids. That said raids are designed for up to 3 players so they would be difficult to do on your own. I don't know if they scale or not though.

Nevermind beaten to it..

DreamPuppet
06-06-2013, 01:32 AM
Thanks kindly for the speedy responses! You've convinced me to help with the KS :)

TheDiv
06-06-2013, 01:33 AM
Thanks kindly for the speedy responses! You've convinced me to help with the KS :)

Welcome aboard! The more the merrier :)

Shiskebab
06-06-2013, 01:33 AM
Actually that was exactly the same question that i had in my mind :D

nxiety
06-06-2013, 07:45 AM
Have they stated any plans on making larger raids in the future?

jaxsonbateman
06-06-2013, 07:48 AM
I'll be interested to see how raids work to counter certain combo decks. If they're not careful enough with it, soloing might not be too farfetched...

Erebus
06-06-2013, 07:51 AM
Nxiety, because of the TCG structure of game play, larger raids are unwieldy and time consuming. Due to the priority system every action takes longer and longer the more players that are involved. That's the main reason dungeons are single player and is the obstacle to overcome to allow larger raids.

We might see Co-Op dungeons in the futures and possibly 4 or 5 man raids, but the latter will be few and niche if anything. Besides it's a lot easier to balance for 3 man raids, vice 5 man.