PDA

View Full Version : Looking to buy a Pro Player pledge. Paying premium

Prism
06-06-2013, 03:07 AM
Hi. I missed the boat to buy Pro Player by hours and I regret it. I'm willing to pay a premium to buy one of someone with a pledge.

I'll contact Crypto and make sure the transaction is safe on both ends. You tell Crypto that you wish to transfer the email and ownership of the pledge over to me and I transfer the money to you through e-transfer or paypal. It doesn't seem like it could go wrong for either parties this way.

Thank you. I'd really appreciate help getting Pro Player. I'm a big magic player and I love to draft :)

Avignon
06-06-2013, 03:23 AM
Just grab a Guild Master Tier, or Collector Tier - get free for 12 months at least? Also can draft more with Guild Master Tier as get 90 extra packs.

It does suck that you missed one though.

Prism
06-06-2013, 03:28 AM
I'd much rather have pro tier. I have a little bit of hope that there is someone out there who can't really afford their pledge or just bought it to resell later and I can save them some time. Or one of the smarties who bought like 5 will take pity on me having none and sell me one :).

If I can't get pro I'll probably just stick to magic as my TCG and try out Hearthstone. Really hoping to get pro tier though

TheMuffMuff
06-06-2013, 03:43 AM
Haha nice idea, Crypto has still the best "pre"-support.
Good luck!

blakegrandon
06-06-2013, 04:02 AM
Yes, because Cryptozoic has nothing better to do than act as a man in a middle transferring an account from one person to another....

Ben
06-06-2013, 04:05 AM
I'm hopeful I can snag DC tier as an upgrade from king before the closing.

Avignon
06-06-2013, 04:09 AM
You will get DC if you refresh the pledge page. I saw one about 30 mins ago, it sat there for a good 5 minutes.

jai151
06-06-2013, 04:11 AM
Prism, you're likely not going to get cooperation from CZE on this one. It's, for all intents and purposes, secondary market. And they need to stay out of that for legal reasons.

However, why are you so quick to dismiss the game if you can't get pro? There is still an entire free to play half of the game, and just about every backer tier comes with enough packs to do quite a bit of drafting at minimal cost.

nickon
06-06-2013, 04:20 AM
You will get DC if you refresh the pledge page. I saw one about 30 mins ago, it sat there for a good 5 minutes.

+1, right before I got my PP I was also sitting in DC. So if PP tiers will be opening, automatically DC tiers will also open up.

Poetic
06-06-2013, 04:22 AM
I guess tomorrow will be the day to snag PP right? as people drop it last minute.

I'm in at Collector right now but would prefer the free drafts for the life of the game as I'm someone who's not going to mess with PVE and focus purely on PVP.

Prism
06-06-2013, 04:23 AM
Well I'm already pretty invested in Magic and it is expensive. I've tried playing magic online and even though I am very good at it (almost made the national team my first attempt) I blew through $50 drafting. I don't think the PvE game will be enough to satisfy me, I'm a very competitive player and want to do both sides of the action :).

And yeah it was a little bit silly of me to think that CZE would be willing to be a middle man in a transaction like this. I guess I'll have to take my chances

Avignon
06-06-2013, 04:32 AM
To be fair, you will be able to trade them collector cards for stacks of packs once it fires up. Trade each card for a primal pack (at minimum), and then a primal pack for 15 packs, do that 4 times each set and thats 180 packs a year. That works out at 60 drafts a year, you just have to pay $1 entry for them. Also as collector you can make them spectral lotuses x2 and sell them for cards to make decks.

That assumption of 15 packs for a collectors card - is based on my minimum. It could be worth 30 packs, then you will laugh at us nubs that took Pro.

RanaDunes
06-06-2013, 04:34 AM
If the game lasts 10 years (and I bet you it will) and assuming you play a draft every week, you'd net $3,640 total value from this deal.
The first year alone is $364, and this is ONLY for the free drafting (not including the Starters/Boosters/Exclusives..etc) :)

What was Cory thinking!

panzer
06-06-2013, 04:40 AM
Wouldn't the VIP program ($4 a month/$48 a year) technically be the same thing as the pro player. If you're willing to spend the extra cash just put it into the VIP program.

Prism
06-06-2013, 04:42 AM
I think 15 packs for a collector card is a HUGE overestimate. Maybe 1-2 packs per card.

McKahlan
06-06-2013, 04:56 AM
I think 15 packs for a collector card is a HUGE overestimate. Maybe 1-2 packs per card.

Depend on people! Some are willing to pay a crapload to get some limited edition card!
(Or at least, I hope, I want the card to pay for my draft addiction :p)

Prism
06-06-2013, 04:59 AM
Maybe. Definitely more likely if the game gets super popular and the proportion of players to collectors gets smaller. Right now 10-20% of backers will have the alternate art cards. If the playerbase goes up to 100k I could see them being worth quite a bit

Poetic
06-06-2013, 05:04 AM
Backers are probably going to be a small portion of the player base. Collector will work out in the end.

KJ_TO
06-06-2013, 05:39 AM
How are people snagging PP or DC when people drop? Looks like only 960 are pledged for PP now but still it is sold out.... Did the button reactivate on kickstarter before you snagged it?

jai151
06-06-2013, 05:47 AM
How are people snagging PP or DC when people drop? Looks like only 960 are pledged for PP now but still it is sold out.... Did the button reactivate on kickstarter before you snagged it?

There are people with auto refresh and auto buy plugins in their browsers. The other Pro tiers were purchased through paypal.

McKahlan
06-06-2013, 05:52 AM
Backers are probably going to be a small portion of the player base. Collector will work out in the end.

Yes, that is the gamble. Either you go collector and you hope this will pay, or you go double king for double the fun !
That's why I'm pretty happy to see that the collector tier do not get a lot of love :p

KJ_TO
06-06-2013, 06:28 AM
There are people with auto refresh and auto buy plugins in their browsers. The other Pro tiers were purchased through paypal.

Very interesting. Thanks much for answering my questions :)

Have a good one!

whythelastman
06-06-2013, 09:44 AM
Hi. I missed the boat to buy Pro Player by hours and I regret it. I'm willing to pay a premium to buy one of someone with a pledge.

I'll contact Crypto and make sure the transaction is safe on both ends. You tell Crypto that you wish to transfer the email and ownership of the pledge over to me and I transfer the money to you through e-transfer or paypal. It doesn't seem like it could go wrong for either parties this way.

Thank you. I'd really appreciate help getting Pro Player. I'm a big magic player and I love to draft :)

Prism, you're likely not going to get cooperation from CZE on this one. It's, for all intents and purposes, secondary market. And they need to stay out of that for legal reasons.

However, why are you so quick to dismiss the game if you can't get pro? There is still an entire free to play half of the game, and just about every backer tier comes with enough packs to do quite a bit of drafting at minimal cost.

Here's something I received from CZE via KS message that's related. I asked if it was possible to trade pledges and be up front about it with CZE's participation. The answer backs up what jai151 said:

We can't help you transfer pledges. There are too many people wanting to do things like this for us to manage. We still have a game to get made!!! When the emails go out to all the KS backers, I'm sure you'll be able to manage.

Prism
06-06-2013, 05:00 PM
Yeah figured, that's fine Lastman

Prism
06-07-2013, 02:49 AM
bump