PDA

View Full Version : Is the raid leader bonus too much?

TheMorningStar
06-06-2013, 03:13 AM
I understand that they wanted to make each individual tier give a bonus that players would like but considering that the raid leader bonus is a KS only thing wouldn't this be problematic in the future, as technically as stated the bonus could meant the difference between beating the raid and being beaten and seeing how people can only get this through money do you think people might be calling it p2w in some way, i mean i certainly expect that in the future after launch you're going to find some people saying things like "looking for 1 more for (something) raid, MUST HAVE RAID LEADER BONUS!!!" What do you guys think?

EdwardBishop
06-06-2013, 03:25 AM
I don't think so... proof of that is, I think the lack of popularity of that tier on its own (sure you'll have lots of people with the bonus from being GK and above, but fewer than 100 people have tiered themselves at Raid Leader just for the bonus alone)...

Verdant
06-06-2013, 03:28 AM
I think good luck to those guys who are looking specifically for RL to beat something. Because a) it's pathetic; b) search itself may take quite a while depending on player base. If game goes big, there will be hundreds of thousands people playing, and 1000+ Leaders gonna be a fraction of that population. Also common sense dictates that most of them will raid with battle-forged group of friends or with a guild.

supasnake
06-06-2013, 03:38 AM
it gives you a leg up for sure. But it isn't an instant win imo, and thats why the tier has sold so few. It can't make up for people's poor play nor will it make up for a ill equipped or built deck. It does provide a lot of buffering for mistakes though. I think the pay 2 win argument could be made for the GM or DC tiers as well as they give you hard bonuses like 10% exp buff and extra loot roll. But neither is significant enough to imbalance the game, especially if the game takes off.

Liokae
06-06-2013, 03:44 AM
i mean i certainly expect that in the future after launch you're going to find some people saying things like "looking for 1 more for (something) raid, MUST HAVE RAID LEADER BONUS!!!" What do you guys think?

Sure, the same way that in WoW you had people running Naxx and demanding everyone be equipped in full ICC gear...

jaxsonbateman
06-06-2013, 03:47 AM
As someone getting the RL bonus - it isn't too much. It'll be far from necessary to do raids, and even the harder versions of those raids (I believe they've got something in the works for trying to do raids with only 1 or 2 people). It'll make things easier, for sure, but a player who doesn't have it won't be severely punished in raids for not having it, or for not grouping with someone who has it.

Basically - good buff, far from necessary. The main reasons I'm taking it are that I want to be a PvE powerhouse, and I want to ensure that I can always get groups, and the RL bonus will certainly increase desirability. World/server firsts are also something I'd like to be a part of if I can work my way into the possibility of that occurring, so the bonus will certainly help with that.

BlackRoger
06-06-2013, 03:54 AM
Personnaly, I might have considered taking a raid leader tier if the bonus was to loot drop like DC instead of bonus cards.
I don't want help to make the bosses easier, I want them just as hard and epic as for anyone else.

The grind for gear however, I don't mind toning that down.

Thelaasa
06-06-2013, 04:14 AM
In all honesty, if the raid leader bonus were "too much" it would have sold out long ago, kinda like pro player did...

Indormi
06-06-2013, 04:24 AM
Personnaly, I might have considered taking a raid leader tier if the bonus was to loot drop like DC instead of bonus cards.
I don't want help to make the bosses easier, I want them just as hard and epic as for anyone else.

The grind for gear however, I don't mind toning that down.

You cant turn any of your account "bonuses" off/on whenever you want.

Kami
06-06-2013, 04:33 AM
It won't be a huge issue.

Consider the fact that you have a maximum hand size and the fact you have limited resources, an extra card or three only increases the chances of you drawing something you can use first round. However, it may not even help you at all depending on your luck on the draw.

The Raid Leader's Blessing card though... that might be a huge boon. Gain one life per turn for each Blessing on the field? Yeah...

Verdant
06-06-2013, 04:39 AM
Kami, there can be only one blessing in a raid regardless of number of Raid Leaders in it. Only an additional card in opening hand stacks between them.

Kami
06-06-2013, 04:44 AM
Kami, there can be only one blessing in a raid regardless of number of Raid Leaders in it. Only an additional card in opening hand stacks between them.

I was under the impression that each RL would start with it in their opening hand though? My understanding was only that a single RL that stacked pledges would not be able to have multiples of it.

Verdant
06-06-2013, 04:50 AM
Nah, raid battles start with blessing (one for each player) already in play. At least it was like that last time I saw them cover it.

Milamber
06-06-2013, 05:04 AM
The fact that there is no lock out (ie re run entire content as many times as desired each week) made RL and DC not as mission critical.

Its funny my initial reaction was as a RL would i have to specificly not use exclusives to maintain a level of difficulty...
I'd hope that the content design was such that KS exclusives didnt come close to leaving you feeling lije it was easy mode!

I think if they introduce an achievement system it would be better way of acknowledging completion without a "perk" instead of making a rule of hard mode shalt only be done with one of each card and no perk'ilation!!

But again in PVE PVP sits outside the following brain download.
My hope i refrained from using concern is that the difficulty levels are there for the Hardcore player. Hate to use the wow comparison again.... but really the solid supporter base, to me dropped of when Blizz started to dumb everything down on the guise of accessibility. There should be a wealth of content for the Light Casual but depth that caters to the player base that values the effort for reward gameplay. (I separate light casual from casual because i believe that Casual can be a harder cored gamer that enjoys progression accomplishment that takes skill and determination not just time served, but has better life balance skills >.<) It's these progression and Hardcore gamers that enjoy working for goals that are the fanatically loyal and become the slow burn, continual customer.

Not undervaluing the light casual that comes in and and out we want / need / should have these too,
Ive setup a DC for mates son because I know he'll really appreciate and be excited for the opportunity to get in on something this grand at ground floor. I don't expect he'll start off scheduling for Guild interaction and plowing through content but i do know that he'll set a goal to complete a story leg or specific raid and he well tech deck the friar tuck out of mastering that scenario and refining multiple deck strategies along they way. Now if that experience didnt challenge him and put him on his ass many times along the way his interest wouldn't flourish into a flame now he'll flick over to casual constructed etc to blow off steam and play with ideas but he'll also like to do some other light but different PVE too. I really think with hte talk of 40 dungeons on release that CZE is catering to all comers and all stayers.
ohhh ill definitely schedule to do his draft with him as well just hope he doesnt become to attracted or mate might wanna skin me.
:)

Lafoote
06-06-2013, 06:39 AM
I picked up RL for two primary reasons, and one tertiary.
1. I should be able to get a pickup any time my friends/guild are unavailable.
2. If I'm raiding on a pickup, the bonus may be sufficient to carry a sub par teammate.
T. There is no telling how valuable RL bonus may be in the future, and it will not be offered again.

I don't expect to use it all the time, but I expect to use it.

Fireblast
06-06-2013, 06:47 AM
DC divides your PvE farm time by 2, that's the best perk.

I value my time at way more than $7 drafts, maybe if I was 15 years younger I wouldn't :)

~

TowelMan
06-06-2013, 06:58 AM
RL is a pretty amazing bonus, especially when you consider that with there being 3 stages, these raid battles are meant to be long, arduous affairs. An RL blessing card will easily make your group twice as survivable as a group without an RL.

That said, there will be so few RLs that most people won't play with them apart from the rare occasion