PDA

View Full Version : Sharing Cards in Guild Bank

RanaDunes
06-06-2013, 04:15 AM
I was wondering about the Guild Bank feature, is there a way to tag cards as "non-tradable" but "usable" what I mean is, I want the ability to put cards for my guild members to use in their PvE and PvP games but I don't want them to trade them away or keep them forever.

Just like in RL where I can trust to lend-over my friend some cards to help them start the game and once they're ready to use their own cards, the cards they've borrowed goes back to the bank so other new member may use them.

Is this the case with Hex? If not, it would be a nice addition and a big plus for Guild Management.

Indormi
06-06-2013, 04:22 AM
Whatever you put in the Guild Bank, other players cannot get them into their collection. They stated this very specifically, they dont want ninjas of Guild Banks. Also the cards you put there may only be used to improve decks to play within the guild, to try(test) them. If anyone wants to have it on its PvP or PvE deck they need to have it in their collection.

Xenavire
06-06-2013, 04:37 AM
I just hope you can easily mass trade decks with guild members (instead of doing 1 by 1 single cards and having to rebuild it) for raiding. I have people I trust, and I would lend them decks to go raiding with (especially helpful since I am currently a better deck builder than them).

If theres a no hassle way, I will be happy.

Moondancer
06-06-2013, 06:46 AM
Its my understanding that you can check a Deck not specific cards into the guild bank and then you can play other guild members from that screen but its not available for use for tournaments or PvE.

nxiety
06-06-2013, 07:21 AM
This is such a brilliant idea, essentially allowing sharing of cards for testing reasons.

BossHoss
06-06-2013, 07:29 AM
I was wondering about the Guild Bank feature, is there a way to tag cards as "non-tradable" but "usable" what I mean is, I want the ability to put cards for my guild members to use in their PvE and PvP games but I don't want them to trade them away or keep them forever.

Just like in RL where I can trust to lend-over my friend some cards to help them start the game and once they're ready to use their own cards, the cards they've borrowed goes back to the bank so other new member may use them.

Is this the case with Hex? If not, it would be a nice addition and a big plus for Guild Management.

The problem with this is I would get all my friends together to chip in and get Producer and then my guild never needs to spend a dime again. The game would turn into 15 guilds never spending another dime and then dies off in a couple years because of no income for CZE. Although it would be great to "loan" cards, if it were too easy it would become too easy to exploit

Tyrfang
06-06-2013, 07:39 AM
I feel guilds are there to discuss stuff like cards, decks, and try them out in a semi-closed environment.

Guild banks facilitate that.

I don't think guild banks should be literally card libraries for everyone. The only way that would be economically feasible would be if you charged deposits and rental fees based on the AH price, and that would just be more cumbersome than buying it off the AH.

RanaDunes
06-06-2013, 07:54 AM
The problem with this is I would get all my friends together to chip in and get Producer and then my guild never needs to spend a dime again. The game would turn into 15 guilds never spending another dime and then dies off in a couple years because of no income for CZE. Although it would be great to "loan" cards, if it were too easy it would become too easy to exploit

Unless the producer tier gives you x12 of each card in play (to support 3 players) I don't know how that's possible?
If you give one (no trade) card to a guild member then him and only him will be able to use it as long as it's in his collection. So, I don't know how Producer tier can supply a guild with every card?!

What I was trying to explain is exactly like a normal trading process of your cards but restrict the guild member from destroying them or trading them (tagged "No Trade" maybe with the name of the owner or guild). The card doesn't make infinite copy of itself, if you misunderstood me then it's my mistake. I never meant so that cards will spawn infinitely for every guild member (that's just silly).

Tyrfang
06-06-2013, 08:11 AM
If you think that the person who is borrowing your card might rip you off, then don't lend it to them to begin with.

Basically, if you want to lend a card to another player, trade them and swap an approximately equally valued card. Swap back later.

The problem with allowing a guild bank system is that it increases the utilization of cards, which would drastically affect the overall demand on cards at an unpredictable level.