PDA

View Full Version : Account KS identifications

fido_one
06-06-2013, 06:16 AM
Hey all,

I want to put my 2 cents in for having as much customization as possible in HEX as far as identifying with a tier level once the game starts.

That's if there are plans to make it front and center that player A was a Collector Supporter, etc. If there are no plans (other than identifying yourself by playing with the exclusive sleeves/cards), than pay no attention to my concern:

That people are proud and advertise their tier support is welcome in my eyes, but it's not my style - most importantly the one or two people that I would play with are going to be family, and as stupid as it is, I don't want to deal with their judgement of my spending on HEX, which will be identified with whatever tier[s] I chose. Family politics and all that. If I have the option to turn off my KS tier with them, and, while not as important, the possibility of turning on a 'RL' flag for a PvE raid request would be optimal/awesome.

Thoughts / opinions?

Kami
06-06-2013, 06:40 AM
Atm, I doubt they would force you to identify yourself by tier. It would raise privacy/harassment concerns once the game fully launched and the new non-KS/PP players started trickling in.

You'd have players begging for 'extras' from the players who backed early and such.

I would assume that if an tier ID system was in place, it'd likely be optional.

EdwardBishop
06-06-2013, 06:43 AM
I think the card sleeves are the only real planned identification from what I understand...

fido_one
06-06-2013, 06:57 AM
Kami, ah good - keeping things private seemed perfectly reasonable to me but I wasn't sure if other people had the same concerns - what you raise makes sense on a broader scale.

ShaolinRaven
06-06-2013, 07:34 AM
As long as your not using one of the sleeves, you should be fine. Just keep your deck as the standard HEX back.

jaxsonbateman
06-06-2013, 07:45 AM
That people are proud and advertise their tier support is welcome in my eyes, but it's not my style - most importantly the one or two people that I would play with are going to be family, and as stupid as it is, I don't want to deal with their judgement of my spending on HEX, which will be identified with whatever tier[s] I chose. Family politics and all that. If I have the option to turn off my KS tier with them, and, while not as important, the possibility of turning on a 'RL' flag for a PvE raid request would be optimal/awesome.

Thoughts / opinions?
My thought/opinion is that your family should be less judgmental. Don't misunderstand; I don't know them at all, you said that you didn't want to deal with their judgment. No-one should judge someone else for investing in a game they feel pretty confident and passionate about.

Sure, if you invested $1k or more perhaps some shock would be understandable, but if they judge you and don't try to understand where you're coming from... that's not cool.

I've put in $500, which as a uni student isn't chump change. My fam knows about it, and while it's not something they'd spend that kind of money on, I haven't received any grief over it (actually, my bro's KS'ing for the same amount ^^).

fido_one
06-06-2013, 07:56 AM
My thought/opinion is that your family should be less judgmental.

That's my thought/opinion too! ... but some members of my family are unfortunately that judgmental... and still family I'm afraid, so I've learned the most I can do is either start a fight that'll get people riled up but amount to nothing or avoid the fight all together. Paired with the fact that I like keeping this sort of stuff close to the vest most times, the more malleability the user system has for self identification the happier I will be.

My wife knows about the amount of money I'm lumping into it and that I have her support is what is important to me. Still would be great if I can avoid the massive amounts of other family bullshit though.

jaxsonbateman
06-06-2013, 08:04 AM
Fair enough. :-) Well I'm pretty certain that there'll be no outright flag that you're a KSer, so as long as you don't use your sleeves you'll be golden. If they ask you about any of your exclusive cards though, just say you traded for them, and don't use your mercs in PvE deck duels with them. Unless you're happy to bluff king and let them know you spent at least $120.

Tinuvas
06-06-2013, 08:09 AM
That's my thought/opinion too! ... but some members of my family are unfortunately that judgmental... and still family I'm afraid, so I've learned the most I can do is either start a fight that'll get people riled up but amount to nothing or avoid the fight all together. Paired with the fact that I like keeping this sort of stuff close to the vest most times, the more malleability the user system has for self identification the happier I will be.

My wife knows about the amount of money I'm lumping into it and that I have her support is what is important to me. Still would be great if I can avoid the massive amounts of other family bullshit though.

Good luck with that sir. I understand having a family that doesn't understand some of the decisions I make but otherwise are ok folk. I agree with your need for spousal support as well. Without further details (which I'm NOT asking for BTW :p) it seems you have your head on pretty straight. Good luck with the game, and may your family be blind to your deck sleeves (which, beyond the number of cards that you have, should be about the only tier identifier out there), while bowing to your superior deck building skills!

Grim
06-06-2013, 08:17 AM
I think that if these flags exist they should be optional for the above-mentioned reasons. Having said that, I'm only a GK pledge and would have loved to upgrade to Dragon Lord simply because I love the idea of HEX and I believe it will revolutionize TCG's. With that in mind I think all of the pledges, especially those with double and triple digits would want to show their involvement in building this wonderful game and community. In WoW players stand around in Ironforge showing off their gear, mounts or achievements because it's part of displaying your status in the game. In SC II my friends have pushed for that 1000's win with Space Marines in order to obtain a custom avatar. It's prestige and it's just fun :)

I'm all for it!

tecnophi
06-06-2013, 09:06 AM
I think the card sleeves are the only real planned identification from what I understand...

I think that the sleeves will identify those backers at whatever tier it is to chose to use the sleeves or not. It's more than enough, IMO. Not sure if some other identifications of backers should be available for players to boast about how much money they gave CZE during a certain amount in time, but unlockable/earned sleeves from achievements are something that would make sense to me.

Clay_B
06-06-2013, 07:35 PM
My thought/opinion is that your family should be less judgmental. Don't misunderstand; I don't know them at all, you said that you didn't want to deal with their judgment. No-one should judge someone else for investing in a game they feel pretty confident and passionate about.

Sure, if you invested $1k or more perhaps some shock would be understandable, but if they judge you and don't try to understand where you're coming from... that's not cool.

I've put in $500, which as a uni student isn't chump change. My fam knows about it, and while it's not something they'd spend that kind of money on, I haven't received any grief over it (actually, my bro's KS'ing for the same amount ^^).

Well sort of- I also grabbed a sneaky King on the side haha

And Fido, will they be clued up enough on the KS tiers to know exactly how much the levels you've pledged were worth?

Tyrfang
06-06-2013, 07:44 PM
I'm somewhat debating getting two more Champions ($85) to add onto my GK.

If you consider that you get 5 packs of set 2, set 3, 3 drafts, 1 primal pack, and another 3 months of VIP, that's about...
$2*5 packs + $2*5 packs + we'll say $4 * 3 drafts + $4 * 3 months + $10 * 1 primal + $10 * 1 super starter= $64...

I could probably trade extra boosters or promo cards for platinum and event tickets and be set for a while...

Hmmm....

keldrin
06-11-2013, 12:00 AM
If you raid, and your raid leaders blessing shows up, well, that's a dead give away you pledged at least $250.
Other than that, like was said, your exclusive cards, champions, and sleeves, are the only other give away.
... Until they come to your house, are talking hex, and want to glance at your account, while discussing, maybe deck building.

Boozecluez
06-11-2013, 12:03 AM
Haha if the Mrs found out what I spent ,She would cut my balls off ..My money but I wouldn't hear the end of it