MatWith1T
06-06-2013, 06:51 AM
Wow, they got that up early today.

ursa23
06-06-2013, 06:53 AM
I'm in heaven.

ShaolinRaven
06-06-2013, 06:54 AM
I'm not even a number cruncher, but that deck editor looks like it is shaping up very well.

alpha5099
06-06-2013, 06:55 AM
Can't read the text, but based on the card art seen here, it looks like there will be colorless non-artifacts in Set One (other than the Tiger). Second row next to the Ruby source looks to be a pteradon, and there's something demon-y to the right of the Diamond source.

http://hextcg.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/deckmanager.jpg

jai151
06-06-2013, 07:01 AM
If you look at the text under the art on the cards, you can't make it out but it does seem to follow the "artifact troop" rather than the "troop" style, so I think they are still artifacts.

jaxsonbateman
06-06-2013, 07:03 AM
I like how the legendary headpiece for the new blood creature synergises awesomely with the blood damage-on-entry ability. Makes the card very appealing for PvE.

Though of course, a card that starts with on-curve power and a socketable major and that also has free recursion is also going to be good for PvP, and a good follow up to Blood Harbinger. Given that the Rage power boost is permanent, it should be a very good follow up to Blood Harbinger, as whenever you play it it's going to have on-curve power (unless it gets killed before you can get an attack in).

nxiety
06-06-2013, 07:14 AM
That's looking really clean, even as a non-number cruncher(well somewhat).

Kami
06-06-2013, 07:17 AM
I'm a bit concerned with the UI design for the deck editor.

- Adv. Search is buried instead of being default.
- When looking at deck stats, the deck editor below is greyed out (i.e. can't interact with multiple 'windows').
- The right-side for card previews and champion take up way too much space. Card preview could easily be hover instead of static and champion could be shrunken down or turned into a paper doll to save space.
- Why is Sideboard buried instead of being displayed alongside the deck?

Deck editor needs to prioritize functionality over aesthetics, especially once people's collections start getting larger.

Tyrfang
06-06-2013, 07:20 AM
Jadiim is a monster in limited.

I like the Warlock Inquisitor. Would work well with the +1/+1 wild gem.

Tyrfang
06-06-2013, 07:23 AM

- When looking at deck stats, the deck editor below is greyed out (i.e. can't interact with multiple 'windows').
- The right-side for card previews and champion take up way too much space. Card preview could easily be hover instead of static and champion could be shrunken down or turned into a paper doll to save space.

Deck editor needs to prioritize functionality over aesthetics, especially once people's collections start getting larger.

...about Adv. search being a checkbox. If you can make it out on the pic, it'll be easy to switch. Not a big issue.

I do agree that card preview and champion takes up too much space. Maybe remove the champion and just have a paper doll for equipment, or combine them both. You don't need card previews if you're looking at your champ, and vice versa. Then you can put deck stats on the top right where card preview is currently located.

Indormi
06-06-2013, 07:26 AM

UI is what is going to change most from pre-alpha to beta, so dont worry about that. I really like all the tools available, and yes the interface is not that great but I'm not too worried about that. They stated somewhere that the UI team was coming soon.

Vengus
06-06-2013, 07:26 AM
Can't read the text, but based on the card art seen here, it looks like there will be colorless non-artifacts in Set One (other than the Tiger). Second row next to the Ruby source looks to be a pteradon, and there's something demon-y to the right of the Diamond source.

Artifact troops, they are nasty. They count as both artifact and troop as far as I am aware, getting support from the troop support cards and artifact support like the dwarves.

Kami
06-06-2013, 07:29 AM
UI is what is going to change most from pre-alpha to beta, so dont worry about that. I really like all the tools available, and yes the interface is not that great but I'm not too worried about that. They stated somewhere that the UI team was coming soon.

Oh, I'm sure it will change. But if the functionality is not addressed, changing it by making it look nicer won't be helping.

It's the main reason I was pointing out specific issues that are very noticeable atm.

Vibraxus
06-06-2013, 07:29 AM
Did I read that right? We will be able to load up other peoples decks in the editor just to look around and/or try and tweek ourselves?

jaxsonbateman
06-06-2013, 07:31 AM
Artifact troops, they are nasty. They count as both artifact and troop as far as I am aware, getting support from the troop support cards and artifact support like the dwarves.
They're also playable in any deck due to no threshold, making them quite versatile - though in terms of power and toughness, they should probably take a hit accordingly compared to colored cards.

However, there's also a potential drawback to being the two types - anything that can negatively affect an artifact, like a destroy artifact effect, will also work on an artifact troop.

Tyrfang
06-06-2013, 07:33 AM
They're also playable in any deck due to no threshold, making them quite versatile - though in terms of power and toughness, they should probably take a hit accordingly compared to colored cards.

However, there's also a potential drawback to being the two types - anything that can negatively affect an artifact, like a destroy artifact effect, will also work on an artifact troop.

I don't think I've seen a single artifact removal card, yet.

caffn8d
06-06-2013, 07:36 AM
I don't think I've seen one either, but they've said they have cards that will take care of any given problem card. I'm sure both constant removal and artifact removal are in their somewhere. It's just not much fun to see as a bland spoiler. :)

jaxsonbateman
06-06-2013, 07:39 AM
Yeah; most of the spoilers thus far have been pretty flashy. I'd be shocked if there was no straight-up artifact or constant removal (we do have roundabout versions in stuff like Chaos Key, Argus and Judgement).

Verdant
06-06-2013, 07:40 AM
One can argue that "void target card" is quite an artifact removal %)

larryhl
06-06-2013, 10:16 AM
I love Warlock Inquisitor's synergy with Major Blood gem and Headband of Siphoning. When this comes into play deal damage to all opposing champions equal to its attack AND put a troop from each of those champions' graveyards into play with cost less than its cost? Yes please!

At that point Lifedrain just becomes more bang for your buck as well.

jaxsonbateman
06-06-2013, 10:19 AM
It's pretty good in PvE for that - if your opponent doesn't have any 3 cost creatures in the bin, they're either not playing enough creatures or they're playing some sort of combo or control deck. It's also quite good in PvP though - lots of flexibility with the gem, but even if you just put a Rage 2 gem in it, as long as you get to attack at least once each time you cast it whenever you re-cast it it's going to have on-curve power.

Ben
06-06-2013, 10:23 AM
Nice layout, if only I had a magnify glass!