PDA

View Full Version : Can I just get into early alpha now?

TheWrathofShane
06-06-2013, 08:30 AM
And keep it going until beta starts please!

Ben
06-06-2013, 08:31 AM
If only!

jai151
06-06-2013, 08:34 AM
Internal alpha hasn't even started yet. Give them a chance to at least get past the need for debug tools in the game first =P

TheWrathofShane
If only!

I dont see the problem with this :O
Some computer wizard school me, would leaving early alpha up from now until beta slow down development?

TheWrathofShane
Internal alpha hasn't even started yet. Give them a chance to at least get past the need for debug tools in the game first =P

Ill play with bugs...

Xenavire
06-06-2013, 08:36 AM
I dont see the problem with this :O
Some computer wizard school me, would leaving early alpha up from now until beta slow down development?

Without a doubt. Maintaining servers, pushing out builds, rollbacks, and then the swarms of angry players, they would be unlikely to hit beta this year.

jai151
06-06-2013, 08:37 AM
Ill play with bugs...

It's not the bugs. Right now, a lot of the internal code is laid bare within the game. You could do very bad things to the state of the game if you didn't know what you were doing (NB: This is an assumption based on development experience).

TheWrathofShane
06-06-2013, 08:38 AM
and then the swarms of angry players

Lol who would be angry to play hex :D

Yasi
06-06-2013, 08:38 AM
The question here is; will Early Alpha testers be able to play until Closed Beta or will there be a huge downtime between the two.

TheWrathofShane
06-06-2013, 08:40 AM
The question here is; will Early Alpha testers be able to play until Closed Beta or will there be a huge downtime between the two.

:O
I would prefer to play now and not stop playing until my computer explodes.

jai151
06-06-2013, 08:41 AM

I can't specifically answer that, of course, but judging by most other betas I've been in there will probably be between a day and a week of downtime as they transition from Alpha to Beta, and again from Beta to Live. Most likely closer to the day end of that scale.

TheWrathofShane
06-06-2013, 08:42 AM
I can't specifically answer that, of course, but judging by most other betas I've been in there will probably be between a day and a week of downtime as they transition from Alpha to Beta, and again from Beta to Live. Most likely closer to the day end of that scale.

I would prefer no downtimes!! :D

Xenavire
06-06-2013, 08:43 AM
Lol who would be angry to play hex :D

People who expect it to work properly. The internet isn't full of understanding, mature, tolerant people. Take the WoW MoP beta - long time fans were positively raging.

TheWrathofShane
06-06-2013, 08:44 AM
People who expect it to work properly. The internet isn't full of understanding, mature, tolerant people. Take the WoW MoP beta - long time fans were positively raging.

lol soo funny

jai151
06-06-2013, 08:48 AM
I would prefer no downtimes!! :D

Everyone would =)

Unfortunately, the devs need time to update and flush databases and do all the little bits and what-have-yous to make the game ready for the next influx of people. A little downtime now is better than a lot of downtime later.

TheWrathofShane
06-06-2013, 08:52 AM
Everyone would =)

Unfortunately, the devs need time to update and flush databases and do all the little bits and what-have-yous to make the game ready for the next influx of people. A little downtime now is better than a lot of downtime later.

Theres no way to set up 2 server system so never downtime? :rolleyes:
When one server is offline, you play on other server and never get kicked off for the greater good!

Fireblast
06-06-2013, 08:53 AM
Considering your comments, I wouldn't ever give you alpha access at all :)

~

gilby123
06-06-2013, 08:53 AM
Yeah, as a QA Engineer that's worked on games and non-games, trust me, there will be bugs. MANY. BUGS.
Be patient and let them get the game to a solid state before we swarm and tear it apart. We all want to play NOWNOWNOW, but we need to learn some patience here.

TheWrathofShane
06-06-2013, 08:55 AM
Yeah, as a QA Engineer that's worked on games and non-games, trust me, there will be bugs. MANY. BUGS.
Be patient and let them get the game to a solid state before we swarm and tear it apart. We all want to play NOWNOWNOW, but we need to learn some patience here.

Can we squish these bugs with are feet? Or do we need a fly swatter?

jai151
06-06-2013, 08:56 AM
Theres no way to set up 2 server system so never downtime? :rolleyes:
When one server is offline, you play on other server and never get kicked off for the greater good!

That would be a nightmare to set up.

jaxsonbateman
06-06-2013, 09:14 AM
Must... get... alpha... soon...

There's only so much testing I can do with MWS. They're very right when they say that a lot of these digital mechanics would be very difficult to implement in non-digital environments.

Blowfeld
06-06-2013, 09:44 AM
Did they not state that alpha access is about 2 or 3 weeks before beta start- so late August?
Thought I heard them mumble this while one of the last twitch events.

Also: From my experience with alphas / betas that are still quite incomplete or buggy, there will always be quite a lot of people who do not understand that they are gametesting and providing feedback for a stable release and instead go on a forums / internet rampage.

So I have no problem to wait til August/ September to make sure the "wolf!wolf! -yellers" don't get more public focus than necessary ;)

Hibbert
06-06-2013, 10:10 AM
From what CZE has said, alpha is before beta and will run for a couple of weeks. Lots of people seem to be assuming that this means alpha will just be a lead-in to beta. Another possible interpretation is that alpha will occur significantly before the beta and also end well before beta starts. CZE might want a few weeks to incorporate all the alpha feedback/bug fixes before rolling out beta.