PDA

View Full Version : Deck Builder more feature request

MugenMusou
06-06-2013, 08:42 AM
First of all, the interface looks very clean and amazing. But I'm a human so when I see a great thing, I want more and want it to better. Here are some features that I like to have it added.

First and most importantly, please make this offline capable!!

Now onto the probabilities.

1. Probability of a specific card draw.

Ideally, you click a card in your deck, specify how many copy you want. It spits out a table with probability. With perhaps Y axis is turn. X axis is number of copies you want do draw.

2. Probability of threshold & resource combination by turn X.

This may be a bit more involved math, and it has been a while since I took my Statistics course so don't ask me how to calculate this.

3. Probability of you can cast a specific card by turn X.

This is a combination of #1 & #2. You have to meet both conditions but surely the most practical number. You click a card X, and it spits out actual probability that you can cast the card by turn Y taking into the consideration both the probability of you drawing the target card by turn X as well as the required resources/threshold by the turn X.

4. Probability of resource screw

The definition of this may be more trickier than actual calculation. But it is essentially 1 - Pr(resource goal by turn X).

I'm sure there are many other numbers that can be calculated. Perhaps many of which may not be useful to majority of people, but since we are on completely digital, it would be nice to have these numbers calculated on the fly. In fact, if AIDA really works the way I believe, they should already have the calculation built in for her or him which ever the gender of AIDA is. So a people like me who likes evidence based practice can at least convince ourselves.

What other probability or feature do you like to see implemented?

mmimzie
06-06-2013, 08:52 AM
I could do with out these changes, but they would be cool. I think new players might be a little overwelmed by seeing pie charts and ba graphs in thier game. I'm sure the fan sites will quickly offer this information and calculating it on your own is pretty simple.

I think the features that are important, and what this game could learn from league of legends is making the game feel inviting too new players. The more people that play your game the more likely watching tournaments will be exciting.

MugenMusou
06-06-2013, 08:55 AM
I could do with out these changes, but they would be cool. I think new players might be a little overwelmed by seeing pie charts and ba graphs in thier game. I'm sure the fan sites will quickly offer this information and calculating it on your own is pretty simple.

I think the features that are important, and what this game could learn from league of legends is making the game feel inviting too new players. The more people that play your game the more likely watching tournaments will be exciting.

True. May be they can make an advanced tab and put these stuff under it. And you are correct fan sites likely provide these. In fact, since its so similar to Magic, some stuff we can actually use Magic e.g. http://ark42.com/mtg/land.php

But it would be nice if integrated into the actual game as I don't think any other TCG have this robust level of calculation system built in.

Dragonguard
06-06-2013, 09:34 AM
Yes to all of these.

Yoss
06-27-2013, 04:31 PM
I like these. I'd also like to add a request to be able to see every card in existence as part of your inventory if you want to, the ability to build phantom decks out of cards you don't currently own, and the ability to "goldfish" test those decks before you decide whether it's worth the cost to go buy the cards/boosters to build it.

Sorry to necro an old thread; I didn't see any others that suited the topic.

DjiN
06-27-2013, 04:42 PM
This thread needs more attention in my opinion. I hope they wanted to add all those features anyway, but if not: please implement those features CZE! :)

edit: Also I'd like to have folders for my decks, so I can group decks for the different dungeons, keep defense and pvp. Without folders it would get really messy I fear.

Shadowelf
06-27-2013, 07:16 PM
I think that cze already got ur back (for once :) ) before u even ask it. Direct quote form upadate #10

Hey, I’m Chris Woods. I love TCGs, which is probably how I ended up doing this for a living, but another thing I really get into is Artificial Intelligence. That’s why I’m really excited about Aida, the AI Deckbuilding Assistant.

Building a resources base that is right for your deck can be pretty daunting, but often times it just comes down to math. Aida wants to do that work for you! We have a host of developers with a considerable amount of experience with TCGs who have been vetting Aida’s results, so she can take that burden off you so you can concentrate on the fun part of deck design.

Another function of Aida is to help fill out your curve. Big actions and powerful troops are the best part of playing, but you have to have things to do while you get to that Uruunaz. Need some more 2 drops in your deck? Aida can help you out there too. She’ll take your deck, do an analysis of it, and let you know where you have holes in your curve. You can decide if those holes are intentional, and if not Aida will even search through your collection and find the most efficient troops or actions to fill it out.

Aida is just there to help, so you can ignore her if you’d like, but she is really eager to help you build that perfect deck.

Yoss
06-27-2013, 07:33 PM
Very cool! So the OP's covered. My idea, and DjiN's, are not.

Shadowelf
06-27-2013, 07:41 PM
Very cool! So the OP's covered. My idea, and DjiN's, are not.

Both sound cool i might say, but give them time ,they will do it, or rather look into it, in their own time. Despite sounding cool however, they re both features that can w8, so once they have the game up and running they will have the time and willingness to look into such suggestions

funktion
06-27-2013, 07:44 PM
Yeah I'd love for all of those probabilities to be shown makes brewing a lot quicker. Would kill for something where you could draw 20 different hands at once and then be able to select the ones that you thought were and weren't keepable etc to see what how frequently you were mulling and whether you needed to still tune the deck in some direction.

MercuryMonkey
06-29-2013, 10:29 PM
Having more data available in the deck builder could be useful but it depends on the depth of the implementation. I think certain statistics can be pretty misleading if they are based solely on drawing and card distribution without taking into account how the deck mulligans, and uses ramp/card advantage cards. To get a more accurate picture of the decks performance I think many simulations would need to be done while applying specific rules. I doubt AIDA will be doing much in the way of monte carlo simulations but it would be awesome if it did!

Yoss
06-30-2013, 03:49 PM
Another thing AIDA needs to do is let me simulate playing the deck against a phantom opponent. I'm not just talking about seeing the opening hand and first draws (goldfishing). I mean actually playing the deck to see how it runs.

DjiN
06-30-2013, 04:09 PM
Another thing AIDA needs to do is let me simulate playing the deck against a phantom opponent. I'm not just talking about seeing the opening hand and first draws (goldfishing). I mean actually playing the deck to see how it runs.

This will be possible, they said that on one of the streams.

Bossett
06-30-2013, 07:20 PM
2. Probability of threshold & resource combination by turn X.

This may be a bit more involved math, and it has been a while since I took my Statistics course so don't ask me how to calculate this.

I've built approximately this - http://hexmetrics.ni.tl/tools/resourceDraw - it shows probability of having drawn particular resources, and can deal in multi-color. Without simulating a whole actual game, I don't know if you can calculate threshold/resources in play.