PDA

View Full Version : Sorting Idea Personally Named Folders

odjn
06-06-2013, 09:40 AM
I love deck building, a lot. Before playing card based games, I remember looking at different equipment in video games from materia in FFVII to Diablo and WoW combinations and almost enjoying putting different combinations together and imagining the glory that would ensue when put into practice more than actually using the combos.

In computer based card games, I have to admit that I've always been a bit perturbed by how annoying it can be to create and order one's decks- namely, I haven't found a game yet that will allow me to sort and file my decks in a way that is effective and lends itself to a better game experience. I guess that's why the latest article on the website, "Data Editor Paradise," really excites me. It makes me think that this game might care about this small but important part of the card game experience.

My suggestion would be the ability to create folders for battlegroups, and even folders within them. So, for example, I would want to sort between PVP and PVE. For PVP I might want to further sort by faction or resource or level of card (like all commons decks or all alt. art). For PVE I would want to sort by Mercenary/Hero decks are meant for or raids. I'm certain there are more ways to sort than this that could suit each player and I'll probably add to this as the game solidifies.

In a physical card game, I could easily separate my collection out just so, but in computer games, it seems all I can get is a long list that I need to scroll down or even a book graphic with pages to "flip" through, which is the worst. I love reading real books and flipping pages, but only because I don't have to wait while an hourglass tells me the information on the pages needs to load.

Is this a feasible and good idea for Hex?

kelderan
06-06-2013, 10:40 AM
I'm very behind this. Most digital card games have plenty of "sort collection by" options, but sometimes we don't sort them in a particularly logical way. Maybe I want a view that only shows the cards that I one day hope to build decks around. These may be of varying colors, rarities, or even types. As far as built in views and sorting efficiency, I'm sure they'll do as well as they can when querying the vast amount of cards that each person will likely have.

Mr.Funsocks
06-06-2013, 10:42 AM
Well, you could probably just make "decks" with cards you want as folders.

jai151
06-06-2013, 10:44 AM
I'm very behind this. Most digital card games have plenty of "sort collection by" options, but sometimes we don't sort them in a particularly logical way. Maybe I want a view that only shows the cards that I one day hope to build decks around. These may be of varying colors, rarities, or even types. As far as built in views and sorting efficiency, I'm sure they'll do as well as they can when querying the vast amount of cards that each person will likely have.

One thing that would help with this scenario is an assurance that we could save "Work in Progress" decks that may not be technically legal to play.

nearlysober
06-06-2013, 10:55 AM
Doesn't even need to be "folders".

Just go with labels/filters... sort of like how Gmail sorts your mail. Technically everything is just in 1 giant bucket and you focus in on different items based on criteria.

That way a card could exists in multiple 'folders'.