PDA

View Full Version : Raiding question

Gevador
06-06-2013, 10:56 AM
Im kind of noob with tcg. always wanted to go crazy with it, never had ppl around to play with :/
so my question could be out of no where stupid...

I read the article about raiding, and I would like to know if it was possible for 1 player to "tank" the boss

what I mean; player 1 create an endless army of "defender" to block the boss attemp of attacking while the other 2 player getting there offensive ready

so basicly; could I create a deck solely for defense and save my partner ass or i can only defend attack directed to me

I'm bad at explaining myself in english... sorry

jai151
06-06-2013, 11:00 AM
The question is whether you could block for other players. If so, definitely. If not, it would be a lot harder to do.

jaxsonbateman
06-06-2013, 11:02 AM
We don't quite know how the raid-attacking-us will work, so it could go either way. Using Magic: the Gathering as a comparison, in some formats (two-headed giant) you can block for your teammate; in others (Archenemy) you can't. We'll have to wait and see on this one.

jaxsonbateman
06-06-2013, 11:03 AM
The question is whether you could block for other players. If so, definitely. If not, it would be a lot harder to do.
Are you basing this on something Crypto has stated or revealed? While it's certainly possible, I don't see it being as close to definite unless they've said something.

jai151
06-06-2013, 11:05 AM
Are you basing this on something Crypto has stated or revealed? While it's certainly possible, I don't see it being as close to definite unless they've said something.

No, I'm basing it on the condition that the first statement is true, which is not confirmed. Thus the "If so"

Tyrfang
06-06-2013, 11:05 AM
Two-headed giant allows you to block for other players because you share the same life total...

theradol
06-06-2013, 11:08 AM
my guess is that you wont be able to block for ur teammate.

which means instead of 3 players with defined roles, you are probably better with 3 decks that can take care of themselves.

but removal and counterspells can still protect a teammate.

Gevador
06-06-2013, 11:10 AM
Thanks for those quick answers
I will keep thinking that you can and keep day dreaming of a tank/dps combo... if only a diamond/self-healing deck could heal other...

didnt see Tyrfang and theradol post before posting, guess we will have to wait and see

jaxsonbateman
06-06-2013, 11:11 AM
No, I'm basing it on the condition that the first statement is true, which is not confirmed. Thus the "If so"
Oh, I do apologise, I misunderstood what you were saying. I thought you were saying "if the question is can you block for other players, then definitely" - as in, that was the answer.

Now I get that what you were saying was "if you can block for other players, then you can definitely make a defensive minded deck in order to protect your allies". Sincere apologies! >.<

Also, while I think it could go either way, I also think that you probably won't be able to block for your allies. With 3 on 1 the computer is going to need some advantages, and one of those should be being able to mercilessly assault the player/s who fail to put up enough defenses.

jai151
06-06-2013, 11:14 AM
Oh, I do apologise, I misunderstood what you were saying. I thought you were saying "if the question is can you block for other players, then definitely" - as in, that was the answer.

Now I get that what you were saying was "if you can block for other players, then you can definitely make a defensive minded deck in order to protect your allies". Sincere apologies! >.<

No worries. Hard to read tone on the intertubes, and I tend to get a little wordy while trying to express something simple anyway. =)

RobHaven
06-06-2013, 11:35 AM
Per the latest article, the boss is going to need to be whittled down - 1 point at a time - for 200 points. I think it's entirely feasible that [at least some] bosses could be handled by two decks controlling the board and a third producing masses of ankle biters. The most significant of variables will be the curses and what they do.

Temig
06-06-2013, 11:41 AM
I'm going to personally be surprised if we are NOT allowed to block for teammates simply because allowing us to do so certainly adds to the MMO feel with potential for an RPG trinity type setup with Tank/Healer/DPS decks. I think something like that helps to back up the MMO aspect of the game which is arguably a little weak at the moment (this isn't meant as a bash in the least, but merely as an observation of the currently visible state of things)

Tyrfang
06-06-2013, 11:43 AM
Per the latest article, the boss is going to need to be whittled down - 1 point at a time - for 200 points. I think it's entirely feasible that [at least some] bosses could be handled by two decks controlling the board and a third producing masses of ankle biters. The most significant of variables will be the curses and what they do.

I'm quite sure that was the details for that ONE raid encounter, not ALL raid encounters.

Mr.Funsocks
06-06-2013, 11:58 AM
I'm quite sure that was the details for that ONE raid encounter, not ALL raid encounters.

Yeah, peoples' reading comprehension is not so good. That ONE boss has been spoiled to have a "life" total based on being hit, not on damage. That ONE. Not all of them. That ONE. The others may have regular life totals, or no life total at all and completely different win conditions.

Deciphered
06-06-2013, 12:22 PM
Just as an aside, people have been speculating based on multiplayer rules for for Magic...perhaps speculating based on raid boss rules for WoW TCG would make more sense? I mean, the raids in Hex seem to be the direct descendant of the WoW raid decks. I can't remember the blocking rules in a WoW raid, but I seem to remember it being helpful to have a hero with Defender, and a someone playing a very healy deck in your raid.

RobHaven
06-06-2013, 01:14 PM

Yeah, peoples' reading comprehension is not so good.

I'll give you that I didn't provide phenomenal clarity in my post, but by no means did I state or suggest that this was a universal truth for all raid bosses. (I even said "at least some.")

The point I was trying to make: Because we know it's true of a boss, it's reasonable to think that strategies involving roles within the raid group are entirely on the board.

If you're going to attack the reading comprehension of others, make sure you're on point with your own. I expressed limitations to the context of my point, and you either ignored [or didn't understand] that while blasting me for applying [what you perceived as] a specific logic to all raid encounters.