PDA

View Full Version : will it be frowned upon...

bizznach
06-06-2013, 12:16 PM
to lend friends your account to try the game out when it goes live...try raiding and drafting?

jaxsonbateman
06-06-2013, 12:18 PM
Well PvE is free to play, so I'm going to say it's probably not recommended.

For drafting though, well, you're giving them money for that, so I don't think they'd say no.

Gwaer
06-06-2013, 12:19 PM
They have said that it is against the rules to share any account details with another person.

Tathel
06-06-2013, 12:21 PM
I would say they would have to frown on this in an official capacity simply because of account security issues. Your friends might be nice but there is probably someone gullible who will meet someone on the net and lend him his account to check it out and then get all his stuff sold off, then complain about it to CZE.

So I think this will be officially frowned upon, but unless people start doing something really weird, probably not out right banned.

Edit: apparently totally against policy ^_^ makes sense

Avaian
06-06-2013, 12:21 PM
Yes it will be against the EULA.

(http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=24452)

Extracted from above link: 3) Our EULA will state that you can't share account info. This is really an important thing to us and protects us from fraud. But since you can just transfer items between you and your wife's accounts you should not have need of both of you using the same account.

Willzyx
06-06-2013, 12:23 PM
I'm sure it's a different story if you sit them at your computer and let them try it out.

What they don't want is for people to share login info.

BohemianStalker
06-06-2013, 12:29 PM
Its against eula but it is against one of those nonsensical eulas. It has no backing in law in most countries and they cant enforce it. Just share your account you will be fine. I played like 10 games where it was stated you cant bla bla bla..the alst was diablo 3 I have 5 accounts and I have been lending them for a year now...no ban etc..its not worth hassle for them, its more of cruttch for them if things would go very bad.

larryhl
06-06-2013, 12:32 PM
Basically if you get your account stolen and during the investigation it was found that you in fact did share your account info with other people, BAM! Against their EULA/TOS and so they don't lose anything.

Otherwise, they're not going to be able to monitor who's sitting in front of that computer screen.

ForgedSol
06-06-2013, 12:49 PM
Cryptozoic cannot endorse it in anyway because they need to support a stance of account security. But unofficially, they won't do anything about it if you are doing something as honest and innocent as trying to expose the game to a friend. If you give away your password, that is 100% on you with no liability on Cryptozoic's part if someone transfers all your stuff to a different account. If you trust your friend, then I doubt (but am not certain) that anything would happen on Cryptozoic's end.

bizznach
06-06-2013, 01:00 PM
oh yes that makes sense!
my friends are very responsible gamers but poor and responsible...and some are wary before they drop down money...

funktion
06-06-2013, 01:05 PM
I don't see why you would do this. It's free to play for pve, so why don't they just make their own account. Drafts aren't free, but you COULD make them an account, trade them some boosters, and then draft WITH them.

Don't lend your account to anyone, suddenly your collection dissapears and you were accountable / responsible for it.