PDA

View Full Version : HEX Con... EU Backers = Live Stream Access?

henrysquire
06-06-2013, 12:23 PM
This is just a suggestion really. As someone backing from the United Kingdom I will be unable to attend such an event should it be realised - which is a shame, because I enjoy that sort of thing. Anyway, in the name of inclusion, would the team consider hosting a live stream for those who back King + but due to distance will be unable to attend?

Kroan
06-06-2013, 12:25 PM
+1. Just like BlizzCon, give non-us people a way to feel a little bit included into that event. Thank you!

Kami
06-06-2013, 12:31 PM
Hell, I'm from Canada and getting to the US is still an expensive proposition.

I just hope if they live stream the event, it doesn't cut out all the exclusive stuff.

larryhl
06-06-2013, 12:33 PM
Heck, I live in the US and I still don't know if I would buy the plane ticket and book a hotel room to get to Hex Con.

henrysquire
06-06-2013, 12:37 PM
I forget how large the USA is myself, I guess it would be difficult for quite a few people then.

Gwaer
06-06-2013, 12:39 PM
I forget how large the USA is myself, I guess it would be difficult for quite a few people then.
I have a lot of friends from europe, that plan to come to the united states and talk about driving here, or just making a quick trip to this very near place... And I am always having to remind them, that "quick trip" is an 8 hour drive both directions.

Swordmage
06-06-2013, 12:44 PM
I have to help some people I work with plan trips in the U.S. at times. They can't seem to grasp that no, you can't just 'pop by' Florida on a day trip from Chicago.

Indormi
Posted from the comment section of the update:
@Cryptozoic: Does "online web coverage" mean a live stream? BlizzCon Live Stream comes to mind, which also includes the digital goodies (if there are any). It would be nice to have something along those lines for King and higher aswell.

@Vincent: We have lots of options available to us, but they require discussion about what we can do in the client at that point, how best our players want to experience the convention digitally, and the like.

Ben
"but we will provide online coverage of the event." in the comments.

larryhl
06-06-2013, 12:46 PM
Heh, while we're on this topic...whenever a natural disaster happens in the US (like the tornadoes in Texas or Oklahoma for instance), my gf's friends and family call her up to make sure she and I are ok...when we're over 1500 miles from the disaster itself.

henrysquire
06-06-2013, 12:47 PM
Great :)

Storm_Fireblade
06-06-2013, 12:51 PM
Hex Con is really an awesome stretch goal, but I hope Croptozoic remembers their backers from Europe, Asia, Australia and other places. A lot of our current 15.000 backers come from outside the US and having the overall final epic stretch goal exclude them, would feel very disappointing. Live Stream Access would definitively be a decent compromise here.

larryhl
06-06-2013, 12:52 PM
They've already committed to having a live stream in the comments to that update.

ConnorJS
06-06-2013, 12:55 PM
I'm 18 from the UK and could barely afford Captain :/ no way I could make it to Hexcon, although it would be amazing :(. Live stream would be great but still a bit disappointed about this for the final stretch goal.

ermitege
06-06-2013, 01:00 PM
+1

panzer
06-06-2013, 01:29 PM
+1

I am also in favor of a live stream. I'm in the U.S. and unless its lines up perfectly with my vacation I would also be unable to attend.

MrKunle
06-06-2013, 01:32 PM
I would agree to this too. i would never be able to afford to go to the US in the foreseeable future at least and it would be annoying to be left out.

MrKunle
06-06-2013, 01:35 PM
I'm 18 from the UK and could barely afford Captain :/ no way I could make it to Hexcon, although it would be amazing :(. Live stream would be great but still a bit disappointed about this for the final stretch goal.

I have agree but it make us sound like we are greedy -.- but we aren't!

ConnorJS
06-06-2013, 01:43 PM
I have agree but it make us sound like we are greedy -.- but we aren't!

We aren't greedy, just extremely jealous. If I had a job I would have bought PP and flown out but unfortunately I'm pretty skint :(

Storm_Fireblade
06-06-2013, 02:38 PM
With the Live Stream confirmed, even though I live in Germany, I can only applaud for that stretch goal. HexCon is an amazing idea and offers so many options to promote the game even more. Since CZE is also trying to build something worthwhile in the eSports Scene, such an event is definitively going to improve the chances here.

Now lets get those 2.5mio :)

MugenMusou
06-06-2013, 02:46 PM
This is just a suggestion really. As someone backing from the United Kingdom I will be unable to attend such an event should it be realised - which is a shame, because I enjoy that sort of thing. Anyway, in the name of inclusion, would the team consider hosting a live stream for those who back King + but due to distance will be unable to attend?

I agree with this post 100%. Having the physical presence is definitely a not bad idea for some people and perhaps can act as an adverisement to increase future crowd. However, my guess is majority of people won't be able to attend the convention for various reasons.

So Live Stream and of course if there is any promotional product at the convention, I really hope those of us who attend in the digital setting would get those as well.

Having said all this, I have a strong feeling Cryptozoic will grant this if we can make to a goal. Because they seem to care about players a lot.

Dralon
06-06-2013, 03:04 PM
With the Live Stream confirmed, even though I live in Germany, I can only applaud for that stretch goal. HexCon is an amazing idea and offers so many options to promote the game even more. Since CZE is also trying to build something worthwhile in the eSports Scene, such an event is definitively going to improve the chances here.

Now lets get those 2.5mio :)

Couldn't agree more. I think many people who logistically can't attend, are missing the great promotional opportunity this kind of event will provide, and how that promotion will benefit all players regardless of where they live. And if I am fortunate enough to attend, I fully intend on picking up some swag for my international guild mates. :)

ConnorJS
06-06-2013, 03:26 PM
I just hope that there wont be any exclusives for that event, and if so backers unable to attend should receive this on the live stream or something?