PDA

View Full Version : FIRST time a stretch goal is ACTUALLY a stretch

CoolGrayAJ
06-06-2013, 12:24 PM
Greetings, Everyone!

No article related to this post (but feel free to check my blog (http://www.coolgraycorner.com) out anyway!), but I wanted to note that this is the first time CZE has announced a stretch goal that is above what KickTraq projects (http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/cze/hex-mmo-trading-card-game/#chart-exp-trend) their finish to be.

In short... GET OUT THERE AND PUSH, PUSH, PUSH!

kelderan
06-06-2013, 12:29 PM
I think I did something wrong. I PUSH, PUSH, PUSHed and made a baby... and that baby was HexCON

PkkFrank
06-06-2013, 12:31 PM
Hopefully we'll reach it! Ill definitely would want to go to HeXCON!

Madican
06-06-2013, 12:35 PM
Not gonna reach it. Would require a huge number of new backers since most of the high tiers are sold out.

Dralon
06-06-2013, 12:37 PM
Not gonna reach it. Would require a huge number of new backers since most of the high tiers are sold out.

That's no way to get out the vote! Lets get that last day Kickstarter surge!

CoolGrayAJ
06-06-2013, 12:38 PM

At the moment, they need ~$255k to make it happen. That's less than the usual difference between stretch goals.

larryhl
06-06-2013, 12:39 PM
Hopefully we'll reach it! Ill definitely would want to go to HeXCON!

You'll still be able to go, just shell out money for your pass.

caffn8d
06-06-2013, 12:40 PM
The only reason I'm not bumping mine to a higher level is that I'd have to go all the way to $5000 to get one. ;) Still... might add a King tier on via Paypal....

Madican
06-06-2013, 12:42 PM
Yeah, but there's only two Producers left and no Primals. Even if every single Collector sold out today that's only $113,750 towards the total. And that's 455 new backers or people wanting to stack.

We'd need another 500 or so of other $250 tiers or many more of the lower ones. Best chances would be if people pledged Immortal, but I'm pretty sure KS is going to end with 0 Immortal.

Gwaer
06-06-2013, 12:44 PM
if we match the money from yesterday we would need 180,000 still tomorrow before the KS ends. It's going to be rough. We should know today whether we will make it or not.

Verdant
06-06-2013, 12:45 PM
At the moment, they need ~$255k to make it happen. That's less than the usual difference between stretch goals.
That's way more than HEX kickstarter's highest daily amounts.

benczi
06-06-2013, 12:45 PM
Push for what exactly? This is a total disappointment. What's the point of a live event for a digital game?, and half the player base can't even attend it. This sucks sooo much, it's like a giant fuck you Europeans, fuck you asians, fuck you astralians. We are going to make an amazing event, give away a shitload of exclusive cards to our backer that live close to las vegas, and you can just suck it.

Madican
06-06-2013, 12:49 PM
You're being childish you know. There are many reasons already stated as to why they chose the location they did.

xago
06-06-2013, 12:57 PM
I also think it will be unlikely to hit 2.5m, but HexCon will happen either way

bizznach
06-06-2013, 01:09 PM
@benczi dood where the heck did you get the exclusive cards crap from?
the point is it grows their/our product,it grows their/our community!
i didnt pledge to kickstarter a bunch of money cuz the last tier was going to get me a shiny pony.
no where did they promise me a shiny pony.
but we all still got a shiny pony

benczi
06-06-2013, 01:16 PM
@benczi dood where the heck did you get the exclusive cards crap from?
the point is it grows their/our product,it grows their/our community!
i didnt pledge to kickstarter a bunch of money cuz the last tier was going to get me a shiny pony.
no where did they promise me a shiny pony.
but we all still got a shiny pony

From Cory. If you watch the interviews, he talks about giving digital exclusive goodies at live events, as the thing that got him started on Hex.
I too am a backer, but this goal, I have no reason to push for it.

Qorsair
06-06-2013, 01:19 PM
All we need is 2000 exisiting pledges to add a King tier. That seems extremely doable in the last 24 hours. I know I've been thinking about adding another King or Collector to mine, or adding Raid Leader to my wife's.

CoolGrayAJ
06-06-2013, 01:23 PM
Push for what exactly? This is a total disappointment. What's the point of a live event for a digital game?, and half the player base can't even attend it. This sucks sooo much, it's like a giant fuck you Europeans, fuck you asians, fuck you astralians. We are going to make an amazing event, give away a shitload of exclusive cards to our backer that live close to las vegas, and you can just suck it.

Someone's never heard of BlizzCon.

Grauwart
06-06-2013, 01:31 PM
No one's got a problem with a convention, but as the ultimate ks goal. Why update my pledge or even do an extra for this. I mean its all psychological, because they wont use the money earned for the con directly or the other way around would do the con anyway.
But to put it in a short way: Doesnt lift the excitement for quite some people, but i liked the soundtrack..

TowelMan
06-06-2013, 02:03 PM
I'm not really worried and most kickstarter backers shouldn't be either.

A convention is expensive and most kickstarters would need to pay tons in travel fees to get there. I would rather the developpers spent the money on improving the game than having a convention.

benczi
06-06-2013, 02:10 PM
Someone's never heard of BlizzCon.

I've heard of it. I've heard that's a lot of people go to Blizzcon, where you can play several different blizzard games, get beta access to other games, and you go home with a bag of goodies. But I have never ever watched a con, I see no point in watching other people have fun, while staying at home and wishing I was there. Grauwart also said this, it's not the fact that there will be a hexcon, it's the fact that it's horrible as a stretch goal, it's a disappointment, Cory said that he has a whole list of things he wants for hex, anything else from that list would have been better for the final goal. Really, anything else.

Qorsair
06-06-2013, 02:24 PM
It's better than the $10 million stretch goal he mentioned yesterday.

Fireblast
06-06-2013, 02:28 PM
HEXCon is the best venue to advertise the game.

What other game have their own Con?

~

Shepherd74
06-06-2013, 02:44 PM

Clearly you didn't read the comments about not screwing the people who could not attend with exclusives they posted. Perhaps you were too lost in the throws of your vitriolic mewing about what you wrongfully perceive you are owed. I think you're right. There is still time. Cancel your pledge and get the heck out of our community.

Tinuvas
06-06-2013, 03:12 PM
I would rather the developpers spent the money on improving the game than having a convention.

Well, I would argue that having a convention IS improving the game. Not directly, but very much indirectly. The convention will strengthen the community, bring in new blood, create opportunities for getting direct feedback on possible new features for the game, create chances to test cash tourneys and other awesome ideas, all while hyping their player base and cementing their place in the 'this game you MUST play' part of the industry. Heck, I live close enough to drive there, but I can't stand Vegas, and might personally not go myself purely because of that. But I will enjoy the advantages that will flow from the con, even as I cry myself to sleep because I missed out on something that sounds that fun.

Why would Crypto even put out there that a convention was something they wanted to do? For fun? Because it means a road trip? Yeah, I don't think so. Such a thing would require so much work and effort the only reason I can see them wanting to do something like that is because it would be a good business decision for the game (which = stronger community/game for us).

Besides, just because they have it in Vegas today doesn't mean they can't do it in Paris tomorrow, Tokyo next week, and Melbourne after that. This goal IS awesome for the game, and for each of us, even if it doesn't appear so on the surface.

Mike411
06-06-2013, 03:13 PM

http://apushbusiness.ytmnd.com/

ixokai
06-06-2013, 03:16 PM
Cory said that he has a whole list of things he wants for hex, anything else from that list would have been better for the final goal. Really, anything else.

Those are features; they were very clear they weren't adding more features, and that's a good thing. Anything else pushes release back, and I don't want that at all.

Adding more packs or duplicates or -- fluff, things out-of-game like the book and this, are really the only options that they can add without delaying the game. More money does not make a game happen faster; you can't just hire more people or get more done in the same period of time. Frankly, we're to the point where there's enough packs.

Hexcon may increase the players and exposure post-KS-- thus help us all.

As for exclusive cards, nowhere did anyone say they were going to give out exclusive cards to con attendees. Cory said that's how he got the idea for Hex, not that they were going to do it IN Hex. In fact, after the T-shirt poll I think its pretty clear they heard that the community not really into tying cards to RL things.

I'm not excited about this stretch goal, no, but I'm not disappointed in it really -- I won't ever attend, but a Hexcon is a great idea for the future health of the game and thus the community and our invested value.

--Ixokai (Grand King + Collector)

neonovas
06-06-2013, 03:17 PM
Greetings, Everyone!

No article related to this post (but feel free to check my blog (http://www.coolgraycorner.com) out anyway!), but I wanted to note that this is the first time CZE has announced a stretch goal that is above what KickTraq projects (http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/cze/hex-mmo-trading-card-game/#chart-exp-trend) their finish to be.

Kinda funny that because that dont have paypal donation information we've actually beat the estimated on kicktraq amount by over 100k!

MrSeriousBsns
06-06-2013, 04:44 PM
HexCon would be an amazing amount of publicity for this game and could really improve its popularity and longevity.

Even as someone who wouldn't be able to physically attend, I'm very excited about what this could do for the game as a whole.

I recommend everyone link the wikis, blogs, youtube vids (and everything else out their that this community has created) to as many people as possible. There are plenty of resources out there now to get your friends interested in this game!

true
06-06-2013, 05:50 PM
HEXCon is the best venue to advertise the game.

What other game have their own Con?

~
off the top of my head
Minecraft, call of duty, everquest

PowderedToastMan
06-06-2013, 06:02 PM
But, to be announcing a Con for a game that has not yet Released.... That must be a first!!!

Turtlewing
06-06-2013, 06:34 PM
I've heard of it. I've heard that's a lot of people go to Blizzcon, where you can play several different blizzard games, get beta access to other games, and you go home with a bag of goodies. But I have never ever watched a con, I see no point in watching other people have fun, while staying at home and wishing I was there. Grauwart also said this, it's not the fact that there will be a hexcon, it's the fact that it's horrible as a stretch goal, it's a disappointment, Cory said that he has a whole list of things he wants for hex, anything else from that list would have been better for the final goal. Really, anything else.

Cory also said they're already past the point where more money can help get new features in by release. They just don have time. That's why the last several stretch goals have been not been gameplay additions.