PDA

View Full Version : Pledged for my wife thru Paypal, myself on KS -- do we get serial keys later on?

CaptainPuppy
06-06-2013, 12:45 PM
Hey guys,

I pledged for myself on KS and I also made a Paypal pledge for my wife (using my paypal account which obviously is in my name). Someone on another forum said that I needed to specify that the paypal pledge was for another person and to give full name and email address else there would be a problem with both accounts being in my name and using my email.

Er, this doesn't sound right to me. I thought that we would be getting serial keys or something along those lines that we could use to set up an account (and thus use whatever email we wanted for that registration). That makes the most sense to me, but I'm not CZE.

Did anyone do pledges for other people? Are we getting keys? Hopefully pledges aren't yet tied to the email used for pledging (I use a different game email than my paypal for security).

Ben
06-06-2013, 12:46 PM
I did not, but I'd like to know as well, just because It's unknown.

Kroan
06-06-2013, 12:47 PM
You only have to mail them if you want to merge the accounts. Otherwise you'll most likely get something like a alpha key / beta key somewhere before the alpha / beta.

Hibbert
06-06-2013, 12:54 PM
I asked a similar question via the kickstarter. I had made one KS pledge and one paypal pledge(to be merged into my account). I wanted to make sure if I made another paypal pledge(as a gift for a friend), that he would be able to get that as a separate account, and it wouldn't be merged into mine. I got the following response:

Hello ####,

No worries, you'll be able to get them that account at Beta.

Thanks.

I have seen some conflicting responses, so I hope they stand by this. I didn't put any special notes on any of my paypal pledges.

CaptainPuppy
06-06-2013, 12:57 PM
Yeah, I didn't put any special notes on mine either Hibbert. I'm just feeling a wee bit anxious, is all.

Marsden
06-06-2013, 05:25 PM
I threw notes onto my Paypal pledges, but they're slightly inaccurate now as I've pledged more and I'm sure they'll mostly ignore them and ask everyone again what they intend to do with their multiple pledges.