PDA

View Full Version : Question about Raid Leader's +1 card bonus and Hand limit

Perikles
06-06-2013, 04:47 PM
We will include the option to “turn off” bonuses you have earned from the Kickstarter, no the Raid Leader will not raise the max hand size just starting hand size.

I saw this quote and had a question. Will you start your turn with +1 card available or will you draw your hand size +1 card, then discard one prior to starting your turn? Will you get the bonus after a mulligan?

Matenshi
06-06-2013, 04:49 PM
http://hextcg.com/rewards/#raidleader

It says you start with the Raid Leader's Blessing in play. You don't actually get it in your hand.

At least that's my understanding. =P

Daer
06-06-2013, 04:50 PM
You would discard your hand after your turn if necessary, but since you should be playing a resource it won't be necessary.

With multiple Raid Leaders in the group you would discard after your turn if needed.

Perikles
06-06-2013, 04:53 PM
http://hextcg.com/rewards/#raidleader

It says you start with the Raid Leader's Blessing in play. You don't actually get it in your hand.

At least that's my understanding. =P

I'm referring the the other benefit of raid leader, +1 card in the opening hand of grouped players.

Matenshi
06-06-2013, 04:56 PM
I'm referring the the other benefit of raid leader, +1 card in the opening hand of grouped players.

I'm thinking that might be referring to the same thing, just poorly worded.

But it's really not clear, so I'm not sure what to think.

Gwaer
06-06-2013, 04:58 PM
The raid leaders blessing is a card that starts in play on the board in front of your entire group, everyone gets 1, no matter how many RL are in the group.

The +1 card is an additional card that everyone draws from their own deck, that bonus does stack with multiple RL. Two different things.

ForgedSol
06-06-2013, 05:01 PM
I saw this quote and had a question. Will you start your turn with +1 card available or will you draw your hand size +1 card, then discard one prior to starting your turn? Will you get the bonus after a mulligan?

Discarding, I assume, happens at the end of your turn. So even if the opponent goes first, you shouldn't have to discard when your turn starts. No idea about how it will work with mulligans.

Tyrfang
06-06-2013, 05:04 PM
If you have extra cards, you have to discard at the end of your turn.

Cardboard samurai removes your hand limit, and, presumably, there will be cards or equipment that increases your hand size limit.

theradol
06-06-2013, 05:33 PM
sorry for the reading comp fail from most of these replies.

Its speculated that each mulligan would just lower the total card by one, so one mull and ud draw 7, next mull ud draw 6.

Itd be weird if you drew 8, then Mulligand to 6

TheWrathofShane
06-06-2013, 09:23 PM
Keep in mind a few things.
1) Discarding can very well be an advantage.
2) Even if you must discard, seeing +1 and discarding it is sooo much better then not seeing that +1