PDA

View Full Version : 1 Dragon Lord about to be released maybe?

IndigoShade
06-06-2013, 05:56 PM
Snipers at the ready! I have top level intelligence that the mysterious Dragon Lord will soon be released back into the wild from a close contact and life-time friend. We expect the Dragon to break free in 15 mins at 9 pm eastern. Need to upgrade your riffle? Visit http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php… for details!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

If anyone was looking to get one of those, you might have a chance! Thought I'd let you guys here know, get your sniperbots ready, or something.

PS: Not my pledge, I got nothing to do with it :p

whythelastman
06-06-2013, 06:01 PM
-1 of 49 now O_O

BlindMan
06-06-2013, 06:05 PM
Looks like the head's up worked pretty well. I want to see someone with the signature "51st Dragon Lord".

Qorsair
06-06-2013, 06:10 PM
Your wish is granted. Although I was probably number 50, my connection is pretty quick!

And thanks for the head's up, IndigoShade, I was too excited to think properly when I first posted. :)

BlindMan
06-06-2013, 06:11 PM
Your wish is granted. Although I was probably number 50, my connection is pretty quick!

Oh definitely...you were the 50th person /wink

Qorsair
06-06-2013, 06:12 PM
Oh definitely...you were the 50th person /wink

Thanks for being my witness! ;)

roont
06-06-2013, 06:26 PM
I got a reply from Kickstarter that any negative tier at the end of the campaign will not be honored. Dunno if I believe it though.

edit: meaning whoever has that -1 will be SOL.

BlindMan
06-06-2013, 06:27 PM
Do you have the text of that message? That's a pretty big thing to just throw out there.

roont
06-06-2013, 06:29 PM
Kickstarter Support, Jun 05 23:49 (EDT):

Hi _____,

Thanks for getting in touch. There's no way to select limited tiers once they're sold out unfortunately. The -1 you mentioned might be because there are two people pledging for the last spot on the reward tier at the same time. Only one of them (whoever started pledging first) will receive the last spot. I'm sorry for any confusion this caused!

Best,
Jennifer

BlindMan
06-06-2013, 06:32 PM
Thanks for posting that. Very interesting development. Obviously only a few people could be affected, but it could be a very big deal for those people.

Qorsair
06-06-2013, 06:42 PM
It'd be interesting to see what kind of resolution their timestamps have. I don't think they understand what's going on with Hex pledges.

roont
06-06-2013, 06:47 PM
It'd be interesting to see what kind of resolution their timestamps have. I don't think they understand what's going on with Hex pledges.

Ya, that's why I'm skeptical myself. With no way of knowing if you are the last "legitimate" backer or that negative number (or 5) any pledge at this point is a risk. I'm sure kickstarter will work it out with crypto to honor everything, especially these high roller tiers.

pearlmon
06-06-2013, 06:54 PM
That was me and my friend everyone a big thanks to Brad if hes reading!

Qorsair
06-06-2013, 07:06 PM
I sent in a message to Cryptozoic to get an official word on it. Hopefully it comes early tomorrow, because I was still planning on making a few adjustments to my tiers after picking up Dragon Lord, but for now I have to hold off. I was planning for my wife to be happy seeing she gets a Grand King instead of the Dungeon Crawler she wanted... but she would be a little upset if she got a regular King after telling me to get her a DC. :eek:

pearlmon
06-06-2013, 07:19 PM
Yea it would be nice to know what they plan on doing if a tier is negative when the kick starter ends.

Lazybum
06-06-2013, 07:22 PM
wonder if crypto can offer to honor the pledges and make everyone happy

Tyrfang
06-06-2013, 07:52 PM
Kickstarter might be a bit pissed next week when they look at their server bill.

Stok3d
06-06-2013, 07:58 PM

And thanks for the head's up, IndigoShade, I was too excited to think properly when I first posted. :)

Congrats!!

Shirik
06-06-2013, 08:03 PM
Kickstarter Support, Jun 05 23:49 (EDT):

Hi _____,

Thanks for getting in touch. There's no way to select limited tiers once they're sold out unfortunately. The -1 you mentioned might be because there are two people pledging for the last spot on the reward tier at the same time. Only one of them (whoever started pledging first) will receive the last spot. I'm sorry for any confusion this caused!

Best,
Jennifer
So let me get this straight. Because of their buggy software, they're going to deny people that got unlucky anything, even their original tier?

I mean, it's pretty easy to create an SQL transaction. And if you aren't on a transactional database, then (1) you shouldn't be messing with anything of value in any way, and (2) you should learn how to make your statements atomic.

I'm slightly happy I didn't get into GK now, but that being said, here's hoping that Cryptozoic understands how angry this could make those few individuals feel, and is willing to work it out with them personally. Given the extremely low number of people affected, so long as Kickstarter is able to confirm who it was, I should think this would be a pretty easy and low-cost way to show true customer service.

Qorsair
06-06-2013, 08:17 PM
Congrats!!

Thanks, I'm pretty stoked!!

Stok3d
06-06-2013, 08:53 PM
Thanks, I'm pretty stoked!!

Guess that means I'm the ugly one?

hex_colin
06-06-2013, 08:56 PM
I'd take a screenshot of the highlighted pledge and the name in the top right hand corner of the website. Worst case, they drop your pledge but you send the screenshot to Crypto showing them that you thought you had a slot and ask them to honor it.

I know they didn't want to increase the limits (and I applaud them for sticking to their guns) but a couple of extras shouldn't be any real problem.

Qorsair
06-06-2013, 09:00 PM
Guess that means I'm the ugly one?

Nah, it's all relative, don't worry!

IndigoShade
06-06-2013, 09:02 PM
Nah, it's all relative, don't worry!

So you're only relatively ugly. That's not so bad!

Qorsair
06-06-2013, 09:22 PM
I'd take a screenshot of the highlighted pledge and the name in the top right hand corner of the website. Worst case, they drop your pledge but you send the screenshot to Crypto showing them that you thought you had a slot and ask them to honor it.

I know they didn't want to increase the limits (and I applaud them for sticking to their guns) but a couple of extras shouldn't be any real problem.

Well, on the kickstarter message I sent them, it automatically referenced the pledge amount and the selected tier for them. So they can see I've got it. I just don't want to screw someone else out of a DL either.

EDIT: Just got confirmation from Cryptozoic that I'm showing as Dragon Lord and that's what I should be getting, regardless. So I'm having faith that they'll honor that, and dropped my wife's Dungeon Crawler since she'll take my Grand King.